Topic Stats

• 284 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by emkay
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bananalien.jpg
image.jpg
autopilot-1.jpg
Airplane.jpg
image.jpg
dune-1984.jpg
acdc-helen-spinner2.gif
theatermove.gif
image.jpg
Mother Loader.jpg
Capture.JPG
963.png
alienCheers.jpg
aurich.jpg
image.jpg
CaliWales.jpg

There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

I cropped & rotated the pic w/ all the avatars & used it for wallpaper on my phone.(doesn't show all 230 )image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Hey, I made it to your wallpaper

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Hey, I made it to your wallpaper

I didn't.

Worst. Wallpaper. Ever.

#253 4 years ago

Congrats Aurich!

This is one of those things that really makes me love the pinball community.

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I didn't.
Worst. Wallpaper. Ever.

hehehe...
if you delete your avatar temporarily and then look at his wallpaper, you show up on it multiple times. that's clearly a giant win

#255 4 years ago

FINALLY! A FACE to go with the NAME! I often try to picture in my head what each person looks like on here. You looked like I thought you would (age-wise). Congratulations! Go get 'em tiger!!!
Mike in Kentucky

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

FINALLY! A FACE to go with the NAME! I often try to picture in my head what each person looks like on here. You looked like I thought you would (age-wise).

Hey, at least you weren't let down I don't look like my avatar like some people.

I was born in 1977 for the record.

I spent the morning working on a design for the playfield LCD screen, now I'm taking a break to deal with Star Trek orders, then back to Alien stuff. Is it cool to torture people by saying that we've had a bunch of great team emails lately, and I'm really excited about some of the ideas we're working on?

#258 4 years ago

Congrats, good luck with the new endeavor!

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hey, at least you weren't let down I don't look like my avatar like some people.
I spent the morning working on a design for the playfield LCD screen, now I'm taking a break to deal with Star Trek orders, then back to Alien stuff. Is it cool to torture people by saying that we've had a bunch of great team emails lately, and I'm really excited about some of the ideas we're working on?

Not torture........it's great news, actually...thanks...mark

#260 4 years ago
Airplane.jpg
#261 4 years ago

just don't go on autopilot

autopilot-1.jpg

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It was a toss up whether he should introduce me as Creative Director or Opinionated Bastard.

how about "creative direector of bastardly opining"?

edit: ok, heighway... put an em style machine on the plate in the future so us old cretins who can't figure out modern games can get us some aurich artwork...

#263 4 years ago

Way to go, Aurich! Thanks again for your help with my EATPM!!!

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

Way to go, Aurich! Thanks again for your help with my EATPM!!!

My pleasure man, happy to help an Elvira come back to life.

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

put an em style machine on the plate in the future so us old cretins who can't figure out modern games can get us some aurich artwork...

Alien isn't really the game for this, but what I'd love to see make a comeback is the bare wood incorporated into the playfield design like the 70s Gottliebs.

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Alien isn't really the game for this, but what I'd love to see make a comeback is the bare wood incorporated into the playfield design like the 70s Gottliebs.

i regret that i have but one thumbs up to give this post...

image.jpg

#267 4 years ago

Great news! Can't wait to see some updates on the Alien design & art!

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Great news! Can't wait to see some updates on the Alien design & art!

I'm guessing once Full Throttle is shipping people will start to get more curious about how we're using Heighway's tech on Alien. Looking forward to the speculation personally.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm guessing once Full Throttle is shipping people will start to get more curious about how we're using Heighway's tech on Alien. Looking forward to the speculation personally.

Me too!!!....

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Tease...

#271 4 years ago

I'm a master tease!

Seriously though, I know Full Throttle isn't a licensed title, but it seems to have fallen off the radar a bit. Do people even know what kinds of things it can do? Like the lighting for instance?

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Do people even know what kinds of things it can do? Like the lighting for instance?

Nope, please enlighten.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Nope, please enlighten.

We gotta advertise more! Every single light on the playfield is an individually addressable RGB light. Inserts, GI, I believe even the flashers. Set any light to any color. Fade it, make it pulse, control it however you like.

You can see it in action here, for example when the GI turns from green to red on race start:

Now I'm not part of Full Throttle, so I can't really speak to what else they use it for right now, I've only seen the game in person once at Expo 2014. And it's not a moody, atmospheric kind of game.

But Alien is.

#274 4 years ago

All I can say is that the possibilities with a theme like Aliens and that center LCD are really exciting and for future games as well. I think Heighway needs to do a Wrath of Khan pin, or really anyone for that matter, come on. Congradulations Aurich by the way, I'm quite stoked now that your on the job. Aliens LE #110

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We gotta advertise more! Every single light on the playfield is an individually addressable RGB light. Inserts, GI, I believe even the flashers. Set any light to any color. Fade it, make it pulse, control it however you like.
You can see it in action here, for example when the GI turns from green to red on race start:
» YouTube video
Now I'm not part of Full Throttle, so I can't really speak to what else they use it for right now, I've only seen the game in person once at Expo 2014. And it's not a moody, atmospheric kind of game.
But Alien is.

Stop....stop!!! the Alien teasers are killing me....

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Stop....stop!!! the Alien teasers are killing me....

Hmm, but I haven't even said anything. You know, about how the GI and inserts can all change colors. Or dim, plunging the playfield into shadow. And the rotating, flashing beacons going off ...

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hmm, but I haven't even said anything. You know, about how the GI and inserts can all change colors. Or dim, plunging the playfield into shadow. And the rotating, flashing beacons going off ...

Shit....ruthless, you are!!!...no worries.... # 212 will be here soon enough....

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I THINK that was a hint about how OLD I am!
I was born in 1947 for the record. 30 fricken years apart!
Mike

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

» YouTube video
But Alien is.

I love this path for pinball. I think the potential is even higher than an LCD screen. Withe the GI and the inserts they are part of the actual game you play. It can really immerse the player into the action of the game. The color changing Inserts are one of the reasons I love Star Trek LE so much. With every light controllable for Alien the potential is huge! Subtle green hues pulsing in the GI with an exploding array of various shades of orange when targets are hit... I find the possibilities endless.

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

I love this path for pinball. I think the potential is even higher than an LCD screen. Withe the GI and the inserts they are part of the actual game you play. It can really immerse the player into the action of the game. The color changing Inserts are one of the reasons I love Star Trek LE so much. With every light controllable for Alien the potential is huge! Subtle green hues pulsing in the GI with an exploding array of various shades of orange when targets are hit... I find the possibilities endless.

Speaking my language man, 100% with you there.

This might be a game you really want to play in the dark ...

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Speaking my language man, 100% with you there.

I have always liked your attention to detail. I hope you guys bring this one home! Good luck I am excited to see what is ahead.

#282 4 years ago

Great. Now i have to get an Aliens machine too

Can we start sending you our awesome ideas now?

bananalien.jpg
#283 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'll mostly play Alien at night.... mostly

1 month later
#284 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's what she s...errr, sorry, bad habit. Always preferred to play in the dark, being of that age that fondly remembers dim, black-lit arcades as safe places to wait out the parental unit's obligatory trips to the mall. Now it's more of an eyesight issue. =)

Very excited, both for you and for Heighway. I was already trying to figure out how to swing a Full Throttle, since MX is the other hobby. Now I'm even more motivated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 279.95
€ 8.40
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside