Topic Stats

• 284 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by emkay
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bananalien.jpg
image.jpg
autopilot-1.jpg
Airplane.jpg
image.jpg
dune-1984.jpg
acdc-helen-spinner2.gif
theatermove.gif
image.jpg
Mother Loader.jpg
Capture.JPG
963.png
alienCheers.jpg
aurich.jpg
image.jpg
CaliWales.jpg

There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 4 years ago

From one graphic designer to another, congrats Aurich! Your work never ceases to amaze me and Heighway Pinball has made a great move bringing you aboard!

Way to go!!

#102 4 years ago

I was already thinking that this was increasingly looking like a future purchase - this news pretty much confirmed it. Feeling great about the future of this game!

#103 4 years ago

Heighway is going to sell a ton of Alien pins.

#104 4 years ago

Awesome Aurich! Can't wait to see what you create.

#105 4 years ago

Not trying to sound negative here, but didn't Heighway state in their last update that some of the art was almost signed off on? With Aurich taking over does this mean a complete redesign of said art? Or is he just improving upon what's nearly approved? And congrats Aurich! Super excited to see what you bring to this and future titles!

#106 4 years ago

Any chance the "joint" mod will make it in the pin?

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Not trying to sound negative here, but didn't Heighway state in their last update that some of the art was almost signed off on? With Aurich taking over does this mean a complete redesign of said art? Or is he just improving upon what's nearly approved? And congrats Aurich! Super excited to see what you bring to this and future titles!

Valid point here. Of course, it could also be that he has been in the loop on this all along, before the official announcement was made. Either way, it makes me more excited about this (and future) Heighway titles.

#108 4 years ago

Well, we know the game has been officially pushed back to an August reveal, so they've got 4 months to get the art done and that generally is the last piece of the puzzle (except for jpop's ass backwards way of not getting anything done).

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

It's a valid point. We have basic artwork approved for the backglass and sideart for the SE version, as well as the playfield.

However, it was felt that the current artwork submitted could be better, and so I decided to approach Aurich.

We are not going to give away too much at the moment, because the process needs to follow its own path

But please rest assured that we will show you as much as possible when the time is right

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

artwork could be better, and so I decided to approach Aurich.

Smart move chief...
An opinionated bastard to say the least but, he can back it up with visuals if need be!

#111 4 years ago

Awesome, thanks Andrew!

#112 4 years ago

congrats bro

#113 4 years ago

Congrats and good luck, aurich.

#114 4 years ago

Great addition!

No doubt this pin will be a work of art.

#115 4 years ago

Brilliant move, Heighway! Good luck and congrats to all. Looking forward to the results.

#116 4 years ago

Excellent news! Congratulations all around! I'm pleased for the individuals involved, and happy for pinball too.

My expectations are increased, but that's based on a track record of success, so no pressure, Aurich! I have no doubt that you'll have a really positive impact on this and future projects with Heighway Pinball.

#117 4 years ago

Maybe they give Aurich full reign on the Premium version..

#118 4 years ago

Christmas in April?.Wait,Is this a late April fools joke?.Do dreams really come true?.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Smart move chief...
An opinionated bastard to say the least but, he can back it up with visuals if need be!

It was a toss up whether he should introduce me as Creative Director or Opinionated Bastard.

#120 4 years ago

This is an absolute disaster. I could not be more disappointed with this announcement.

Another MUST have pin is NOT what I need right now!!??

Great move by Heighway, and thrilled for Aurich!! Can't wait to see what you come up with. This is awesome news for everybody.

#122 4 years ago

image.jpg

#123 4 years ago

That's great Aurich! Man I'm feeling a whole lot better about how this awesome themed pin is gonna look, not that I didn't have faith in Andrew though.

#124 4 years ago

This project just has a whole bunch of gravitas about it. Fantastic news and a solid trajectory for the whole team. Can't wait.

#125 4 years ago

Amazing news.
Nice to see a fellow Pinsider with a full pinball gig.
Congrats to both parties.

#126 4 years ago

Congratulations Aurich, very cool news for everyone involved.

#127 4 years ago

Congratulations Aurich! Smart move by Heighway!

steve

#128 4 years ago

Wow.

I'm pretty sure you just turned my ' need to wait on art for Aliens' upside down.

I'm excited for you and Andrew and team.

I'm gonna have to get me a Heighway pin now. Not on previous preorder, You went above and beyond to convince me bro!

And I want to apologize to Andrew and team for dragging my 'other' preorder shit into this thread.

I'm sorry Andrew.

Rick.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It was a toss up whether he should introduce me as Creative Director or Opinionated Bastard.

So THATS what you look like!!!!

Coingrats, my friend!

aurich.jpg
#130 4 years ago

Congratulations! Nice positive announcement and thread. We need more of these.

#131 4 years ago

you have talent and skills, no doubt, the alien art package will look fantastic.

congrats.

#132 4 years ago

lol moto_cat, I love Spongebob, and it's perfect with him wearing the thick rimmed glasses.

I actually think Spongebob would make an amazing pin, but only if done right. It's got a ton of subtlety and adult humor in it, and you'd have to represent that, and not just go for something lazy and kiddy-like. Hard to see it ever being done with the proper justice.

I really do think you get the best results when the people behind the project are really true fans of the theme. Andrew being such an Alien nut was a big part of wanting to work with him. I grew up not only a huge Alien fan, but also a big HR Giger fan. It would have been amazing if Jodorowsky's Dune had happened. But even in failure it brought Giger to Alien, and that alone was a worthwhile accomplishment!

#133 4 years ago

Congrats Aurich! Now hit it out of the park!

#134 4 years ago

By the way, that shirt is *very* cool.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

So THATS what you look like!!!!

Yuuup. See that box behind my head? That's the very last Hammer of Justice mod. Paid for already, I'm just holding it for the owner because he's working overseas right now. Fun Fact™ of the day!

Those are the EMs in my home office, the solid states are out in the garage. One of these days I'm going to paint that Sparky as part of a Metallica topper, but somehow I seem to be super busy these days ...

#136 4 years ago

They picked the right guy!

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

By the way, that shirt is *very* cool.

Thanks Rob! Actually surprised no one else commented on it. That's a custom one off I did, meant to try and do a run of them and just never quite managed it. See above comment about being busy.

I have another version of it that says NUDGE OR DIE too, haven't decided if I like it better plain or with the extra text. I like that non-pinball people have no clue what it is.

Maybe some day I'll do some up if there's interest. I'll have to send one to Steve Ritchie.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

It's a valid point. We have basic artwork approved for the backglass and sideart for the SE version, as well as the playfield.
However, it was felt that the current artwork submitted could be better, and so I decided to approach Aurich.
We are not going to give away too much at the moment, because the process needs to follow its own path
But please rest assured that we will show you as much as possible when the time is right

Ahhhh...bring on the LE!!!!!

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ahhhh...bring on the LE!!!!!

I'm definitely going to own an LE myself. I will endeavor to make sure it Doesn't Suck™.

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Make sure there's a giant image of Bill Paxton on the game - the REAL star of the Alien films.

Ill take Michael Biehn over Chett Donnelly any day

Oh and congrats. I preordered #2 Alien LE and happy you are onboard

#141 4 years ago

I am really impressed with how Heighway truly listens to pinheads, and *acts* when they feel it is appropriate.

Suggestions were made here to add the option of a second display in the backbox. What does Heighway do? They plan on giving us that option.

I had posted about my concerns that the glass that Heighway was using was not a standard size, and therefore I could not use PDI/Invisiglass in it. What does Heighway do? They redesign the glass housing to hold standard size/widebody glass.

One of the big concerns with Alien is whether the artwork will do it justice. What does Heighway do? Hires a true pinhead who is greatly respected in the community for his great eye and artwork that he has done on alt translites etc.

This is how you build faith in a new pinball company.

#142 4 years ago

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^

#143 4 years ago

Gratz man. Can't wait to see what you do for my most favorite of pin themes

#144 4 years ago

Aurich, your work impresses the heck out of me. I got the alt. star trek and it was one of the best things I did. I'm wicked stooked that you are involved on this pin. I wasn't going to get one cause of not wanting to spend money, but with you on board, i'm seriously reconsidering.

Congrates to the top man!

#145 4 years ago

With Aurich's aesthetic, I can't wait to see what comes. It's like Jpop with 70% less lunacy. Great hire Heighway

#146 4 years ago

I'm a huge fan of the Alien franchise. Hope to be a huge fan of you Aurich when you get to show off your work! I'm very impressed with the outpouring of support for you from the pinball community here. Best wishes and thanks for being a fan of the Alien movies, that's a relief!

#147 4 years ago

Bring up the standards for toy sculpts, they all suck

#148 4 years ago

Did you say 'selfie'?

Tisk tisk.....your coolness factor just dropped a notch

Congratulations, I am sure you will bring some good stuff to the table.

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I'm very impressed with the outpouring of support for you from the pinball community here.

It's kind of stress inducing to be honest.

Quoted from pinstyle:

Did you say 'selfie'?
Tisk tisk.....your coolness factor just dropped a notch

Right? It was embarrassing to even take it.

At least it scored me some credibility with the EM guys! (Who will never buy one of these noisy new fangled pinball contraptions.)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ogden, UT
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Wheezer
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
$ 179.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbotz
$ 43.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside