93301072 (resized).jpg
614xmwdO3bL._SL1123_ (resized).jpg
20-331-227-V01 (resized).jpg
s-l64kkkk0 (resized).jpg
14991 (resized).Jpg
7436947.attach (resized).jpg
61jy+2s8nmL._SL1443_ (resized).jpg
71JIjwCrP6L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago

I bought a FiiO X1 2nd gen. Put in a 128gb microsd card. Love it.
http://amzn.to/2kIFIez

I've been in the process of ripping all my CD's to WAV files since they have zero compression. Have also been to the used music store and been buying a bunch of albums I've never had for like $2 a piece.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

does it come with software to download. How do you run and load files on it?

This sounds like someone who's only used Apple software, and feel like everything has to go through some sort of software.

With these kind of players, you use it like a hard drive. You can either plug it in, and drag files to it. Or load the MicroSD card into a reader and transfer files directly to it. No extra software needed.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Trying to decide if this is for me.

Only if you want to re-rip your CD's. There's no reason to get this over using your phone if you use the same old MP3's.

That's what I'm in the process of doing. Ripping WAV files, which would be a 1 to 1 copy of the song. No compression at all. So each CD is about 400-650mb, but hell, hard drive space is cheap and large.

2 weeks later
#84 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

It begs the question of how much more information lives in recordings,

Years ago I saw an interview with some musician on a late night show. He was talking about Fabio's speakers, and how Fabio was trying to get this musician to come over to listen to his outrageously expensive setup. Fabio told him that the setup is so good that you can hear things in the recording that no one else can hear. So the musician said that was wanted to hear the things that he didn't know were in his own CD's.

I tried to find a clip, but don't remember enough of it to get the right keywords.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Found one significant complaint: the screen is un-viewable in portrait when wearing polarized sunglasses. It's not just dim, you can't see it at all, there must be a polarized filter or the glass is polarized, rotating it makes it viewable. Not necessarily a deal breaker but somewhat troublesome in the car or just outside on a sunny day.

Sometimes I forget my sunglasses are polarized and takes me a second to realize I need to turn my head to see a screen. Like a gas pump.

Some fast food places have their TV screen turned to portrait mode to for their menu. After a long hard day I walk into a place, and ask if they are open. They said they were, so I respond, "Oh. Ok. It's just that your menus are turned off."

11 months later
#180 6 years ago

Dug my old original Zune 30 out of a storage box this weekend. Still works and has all my music from 2007 on it. It's a time capsule! Had photos and video from that time too.

I must say, I still love the menu system of the Zune. Was so much better than the iPod, and is much better than my FiiO. Just a shame they completely killed it. Tried to sync it to my computer. Downloaded the latest Zune sync software. It sees the Zune, but won't let me see or sync any music on it. So I guess it will be stuck in the year 2007.

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Something wrong there. I still have and use 2 old Zune's - 1 a 30gb and the other I upgraded to a much larger hard drive (don't remember the size). I use them and the Zune software on all of my P.C.'s without a problem.

Yeah, not sure what's going on. It says it's a guest device and to be able to sync, I had to do something to the sync something. I click on what it says, and then it brings up an error.

Thought that maybe the device needs to be reformatted, but can't even figure out how to do that.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Something wrong there. I still have and use 2 old Zune's - 1 a 30gb and the other I upgraded to a much larger hard drive (don't remember the size). I use them and the Zune software on all of my P.C.'s without a problem.

Figured it out. I think my firmware was too out of date on the device. I couldn't update the firmware because the Microsoft servers are down. Found a video on Youtube that got me updated. I can see and add my music now!

2 weeks later
#194 6 years ago

Lately I've been super into music. Hunting down CD's at used music stores and even going to the library to see what they've got.

Was looking on Amazon to see what other kind of hi-res players are out there, and now I want to really hear how this one sounds. https://www.sony.com/electronics/walkman/nw-wm1z

I'm going to guess that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference from my $100 fiiO to this $3200 one.

7 months later
#308 5 years ago

FiiO X1II is a great little player. It also pairs nicely with the Apple Air Buds. Those things sound pretty darn good for what they are, and are about the only pair of in-ear buds that actually stay in place, which seemed a bit hard to understand for a while. I think it has to do with out light they are, and no weight or tug of any cables.

1 week later
#317 5 years ago

Where they heck are they putting all that space? It blows my mind that it's the exact same form factor that they had 10+ years ago and the first card I bought for my very first flip phone with camera was 128 MEGA Bytes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/audiophile-ipod-299-sale-pioneer-xdp100r?tu=woody24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.