93301072 (resized).jpg
614xmwdO3bL._SL1123_ (resized).jpg
20-331-227-V01 (resized).jpg
s-l64kkkk0 (resized).jpg
14991 (resized).Jpg
7436947.attach (resized).jpg
61jy+2s8nmL._SL1443_ (resized).jpg
71JIjwCrP6L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 7 years ago

Very cool, any ideas what the battery life is like on this puppy?

1 week later
#69 7 years ago

Even though I really don't need one the price was too good so I pulled the trigger, got it yesterday. Ripped about 5 CDs as FLAC to it so far and am very, very impressed at this point. The sound quality simply blows my iPod Touch, even with relatively high quality MP3s and ALAC files out of the water. I also love it that I don't have to go manually get rid of gaps between songs that seamlessly transition into each other (Brain Damage/Eclipse, Golden Slumber Melody, etc.) and the increased output is awesome for CDs that weren't recorded at outrageously loud levels with no dynamic range like everything that's come out in the last 5 years or so. The fully adjustable EQ is really nice when switching between different headphones / aux input, etc. The only problem now is that I HAVE to get my Shure SE530s repaired or replaced with something else.

I've not tested it in my car yet but considering how good it sounds I'm not about to send it through BT, so hopefully the USB connected works, if not it's the old 3.5 MM Aux input to the rescue!

The PC software is kinda of nice for being able to select music you want sent to which storage location (internal, SD1, SD2) but otherwise it's un-remarkable. Still beats the shit out of iTunes, but that's a low bar to set!

I have a Google Music Subscription (mainly just for ease of use around the house / pool where the quality isn't as important) and that should work great with the Android App but I haven't tested it yet.

1 week later
#89 7 years ago

Found one significant complaint: the screen is un-viewable in portrait when wearing polarized sunglasses. It's not just dim, you can't see it at all, there must be a polarized filter or the glass is polarized, rotating it makes it viewable. Not necessarily a deal breaker but somewhat troublesome in the car or just outside on a sunny day.

#92 7 years ago

I've seen other screens (and the HUD in some cars) that don't play well with polarized glasses but I've never had an issue with a cell phone. On the other hand I actually really, really like the PC software that is available for this thing, makes organizing and loading it to the internal and external storage pretty easy and neat.

1 year later
#231 5 years ago

Just wanted to add that these things are built like tanks! I had mine fall out of my pocket while cutting grass on my Zero Turn Mower the other day. I realized it quickly of course but stopped and went back to look for it behind me expecting the worst, amazingly it looks like it was hit pretty hard but the only damage is a couple deep gouges in the metal frame near the screen. I seriously doubt any iPod or other music player would have survived that. I may put a watch eBay for any good deals on them and buy another one just as a backup.

8 months later
#371 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Already went back to Travelin

Great album!

2 years later
#392 2 years ago

I just read that thread for the first time, lots of great information there. I've replaced a few screens myself but every time I did the replacement digitizer (that was bonded to the screen) was crap, lousy responsivness, inaccurate, etc. I think they sell a lot of rejects on ebay, aliexpress, etc.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/audiophile-ipod-299-sale-pioneer-xdp100r?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.