93301072 (resized).jpg
614xmwdO3bL._SL1123_ (resized).jpg
20-331-227-V01 (resized).jpg
s-l64kkkk0 (resized).jpg
14991 (resized).Jpg
7436947.attach (resized).jpg
61jy+2s8nmL._SL1443_ (resized).jpg
71JIjwCrP6L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#211 5 years ago

Just spotted this thread for the first time.

This is my current dungeon workout setup: SMSL-AD18 bluetooth amplifier wired to a pair of Klipsch RP160M's and using my Shanling M1 player with all of my CD's ripped onto it in FLAC. I will also use my phone streaming 320kbps and that sounds pretty good also.

Can't say enough about the Klipsch's...they punch well above their size. They are really efficient (96db sensitivity); the little amp has no problems driving them to clean ear bleeding levels. You would swear I have a small subwoofer hiding but I don't...they are impressive speakers for their size. If your in the marker for a large bookshelf...don't think...just buy and thank me later.

Klipsch-160m-pair-cherry (resized).jpgKlipsch-160m-pair-cherry (resized).jpg
SMSL-AD18-Idroid.fr-5-e1490474939390 (resized).jpgSMSL-AD18-Idroid.fr-5-e1490474939390 (resized).jpg
Shanling M1 (resized).jpegShanling M1 (resized).jpeg

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Astropin you ever heard of this MQA format? Or, actually heard this format? I'm dyin to hear this. This is a UUUGGGEEE deal to me.

Nope...I was not familiar with MQA. Sounds interesting though. I did always seek out "digitally remastered" cd's.

#219 5 years ago

I can tell the difference between 128 and lossless. I can not tell the difference between 320 and lossless. In truth I would likely fail a blind 256 vs lossless test... I'd pass the 128 test though.

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Yea.. 128 is easy even in a car with the windows down......

Which is why I have my Slacker Radio set to 320 streaming

1 week later
#228 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

So I finally have some time to delve into this... couple questions....
If I just transfer my library from iShit, it will transfer in the format originally downloaded, correct? So to get the actual 1-1, FLAC purity, I will have to reburn all my cds to the Pioneer...correct?
Second, if I am completely abandoning Apple, which I am, where will my library be stored then? In the Onkyo site/cloud?
Pardon the dumb questions, I've just been dependant on iShit for far tooooo long.

Sorry...have actually never owned an Apple product (although EVERYONE else in my family does).

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Anyone who ever wanted a pair of ultimate reference headphones, the Sennheiser HD650 are on Massdrop for $199 free ship !!!!!
These are EVERY audiophile reviewer, and every recording studio's reference set of cans.
These are the best $500 headphones in the world, let alone the best $199 phones.
There are cans with more bass, there are cans with more wood, but if you want THE standard, its the HD650
Still made in Ireland
Slow shipping, but you save some serious cash...and this batch is black(midnight blue?) instead of grey.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx?mode=guest_open

I also bought these from Massdrop...got them in the very first drop they did (got lucky). They are the best headphones I own (and I own a lot of headphones).

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Flint? Nice? They were lying to you....

I think he was quoting "life's been good" by Joe Walsh.

1 month later
#246 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Remember the blind study where they had audiophiles try to determine the difference between 10,000 dollar cables and cheap cables, but the experts couldn't tell the difference within any statistical significance?
Oh yea...also, the "cheap" cables were.... coat hangers.....
Stone ears, INDEED......

Expensive cables are the biggest scam in all of audio... and there are a lot of scams in audio.

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you, yourself, want to hear the difference between speaker cables, take some 14 gauge Romex house wiring, and try it against some 14 gauge good quality speaker wire.
The difference is not subtle , even on $1000 speakers.
When I saw this demo at an "expensive wire" open house, I assumed some sort of trickery. But when I tried it at home, I got the same result.
Being a man of science, I took both wires to my electrical engineering guy to do some frequency sweeps and see how this could be.
"Wire is wire, right?" he laughed.
Long story short, the wires had similar resistances, but the capacitance on the Romex was many times higher. So the wire was acting as a kind of filter at certain frequencies.
I love when my own observations are verified by hard science.

I'm not talking about "house wiring" vs speaker wiring....I'm talking about $10 14 gauge speaker wire - https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-14-Gauge-Speaker-Wire-Feet/dp/B01D5H8XOY/ref=asc_df_B01D5H8XOY/

VS Any other 14 gauge speaker wire you'd like to compare it to.

3 months later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/audiophile-ipod-299-sale-pioneer-xdp100r?tu=astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.