93301072 (resized).jpg
614xmwdO3bL._SL1123_ (resized).jpg
20-331-227-V01 (resized).jpg
s-l64kkkk0 (resized).jpg
14991 (resized).Jpg
7436947.attach (resized).jpg
61jy+2s8nmL._SL1443_ (resized).jpg
71JIjwCrP6L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Where do you guys get the audio? Is there a giant pinside Dropbox pm link I’m missing? Sadly I have TONS but all mp3 from ripping to an Elan home system.

I ripped many thousands of CDs from my collection into FLACs, 7 CDs at a time.

We'd need at least a gig or three of DB space, if you can set it up

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Let us know if the one you get is also brand new in a **referb** box.

Mine sure appeared to be... not a scratch on it, no refurb sticker, etc.

1 month later
#353 5 years ago

Amazon has the HIFIMAN MegaMini High-Res Music Player for $54 right now (it was $250 not that long ago).

It only takes a single microSD card, but hey, it's not $500, it's made of metal, and audiophiles on Head-Fi seem to love it.

So if you wanted to dip you toes into audiophile playback without a big investment, this might be your man (and you can get rid of all those Amazon gift cards you got for Xmas).

93301072 (resized).jpg93301072 (resized).jpg

https://www.amazon.com/HIFIMAN-MegaMini-Portable-Lossless-Digital/dp/B079YZT3BL/ref=sr_1_1

#354 5 years ago

I got the xdp finally and it will likely be the last headphone device I ever buy.

as in omega.

The best is last.

extremely happy with the purchase. extremely.

#355 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Amazon has the HIFIMAN MegaMini High-Res Music Player for $54 right now (it was $250 not that long ago).
It only takes a single microSD card, but hey, it's not $500, it's made of metal, and audiophiles on Head-Fi seem to love it.
So if you wanted to dip you toes into audiophile playback without a big investment, this might be your man (and you can get rid of all those Amazon gift cards you got for Xmas).
[quoted image]
amazon.com link »

Darn, just saw this and it's already back to 99. That would have been perfect.

#356 5 years ago

Kinda forgot about this thread. But my "refurb"
showed up looking brand spanking new as well. Not a scratch, ding, or anything. Works perfectly. Thanks again Vid.
Now if someone could explain how I can add new albums to this without duplicating every single track that would be great.

#358 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Kinda forgot about this thread. But my "refurb"
showed up looking brand spanking new as well. Not a scratch, ding, or anything. Works perfectly. Thanks again Vid.
Now if someone could explain how I can add new albums to this without duplicating every single track that would be great.

Assuming you are on Windows:

1. Put the card into the computer, view contents in a single window.

2. Open a second window with your computer's music files.

3. Drop ONLY the new music folders into the root directory of the card.

On my cards, I have band names A-L on card #1 and M-Z on card #2

So if I was adding a new artist lets say Wiz Khalifa, I would drag the folder onto the #2 card, cuz it starts with a "W"

When you put the card(s) back in , the player will sniff out all the new music in the background.

#359 5 years ago

You are a semi genius , I still have my ipod and still use it . With tons of CD's and still buying them I need a new player so I can survive after it finally dies. Just ordered.

#360 5 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

You are a semi genius

Peterbilt?

#361 5 years ago

THANKS VID!

#363 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Assuming you are on Windows:
1. Put the card into the computer, view contents in a single window.
2. Open a second window with your computer's music files.
3. Drop ONLY the new music folders into the root directory of the card.
On my cards, I have band names A-L on card #1 and M-Z on card #2
So if I was adding a new artist lets say Wiz Khalifa, I would drag the folder onto the #2 card, cuz it starts with a "W"
When you put the card(s) back in , the player will sniff out all the new music in the background.

If you were adding an additional albums at a latter date by Wiz Khalifa, you would just drop the new albums into the Wiz Khalifa folder; not the card's root.

That way all the Wiz albums would be in a single artist's folder.

-

The problem is when you have an artist that is in two bands.

Do you put "Hooker 'n Heat" in the John Lee Hooker folder or the Canned Heat folder? Or both because storage is so cheap now?

414VxlkTOFL (resized).jpg414VxlkTOFL (resized).jpg
#364 5 years ago

Yeah this is a problem with pretty much every rap album I own. It's cool that they gave a monetary shout out to all contributing artists but wtf. Every rap record I own splintered all over the place.

#365 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The problem is when you have an artist that is in two bands.
Do you put "Hooker 'n Heat" in the John Lee Hooker folder or the Canned Heat folder? Or both because storage is so cheap now?

I was re-arranging some of my music the other day and for examples like the above I'd typically put it in a "Canned Heat - John Lee Hooker" folder. In the metadata tag for each track I'd then put the actual artist(s) on the track in the "artist(s)" field and in the "album artist(s)" field I'd put "Canned Heat - John Lee Hooker". That organizes it the way I want at both a folder level as well as it seems to organize it better (for me) when adding it to the library of whatever software I'm playing it with.

Obviously the best is whatever works for you

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from Svengo:

I was re-arranging some of my music the other day and for examples like the above I'd typically put it in a "Canned Heat - John Lee Hooker" folder. In the metadata tag for each track I'd then put the actual artist(s) on the track in the "artist(s)" field and in the "album artist(s)" field I'd put "Canned Heat - John Lee Hooker". That organizes it the way I want at both a folder level as well as it seems to organize it better (for me) when adding it to the library of whatever software I'm playing it with.

That makes sense.

I just put "Black Crowes & Jimmy Page - Live at the Greek" in it's own folder, rather than the Crowes folder where it normally lives.

#367 5 years ago

When I first started playin guitar in 93 all I played to was John Lee Hooker's Travelin.
Bout to check out John and Canned Heat...excited for this.

#368 5 years ago

Already went back to Travelin

#369 5 years ago

Is that R Kelley?

#370 5 years ago

or not. Ignore please

#371 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Already went back to Travelin

Great album!

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That makes sense.
I just put "Black Crowes & Jimmy Page - Live at the Greek" in it's own folder, rather than the Crowes folder where it normally lives.

I couldn't figure out how to file my Donny Osmond sings the hits of Frank Zappa , so I compromised and just filed under captain beefheart .

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

I couldn't figure out how to file my Donny Osmond sings the hits of Frank Zappa , so I compromised and just filed under captain beefheart .

LOL that reminded me of the mid 80s Nightline interview with Zappa, Osmond and a lady from the PMRC where basically they both agreed the PMRC proposals were dumb.

#374 5 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Lol... that is awesome. My dad had a copy of Troutmask Replica on vinyl, and i could never get "A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?" out of my head....

#375 5 years ago

Here's another DAP on sale, $100 and pretty good numbers. I'd probably jump on it if I hadn't snatched that XDP deal.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/acoustic-research-m200-digital-audio-player

1 week later
#378 5 years ago

New Egg just matched the $62, and probably no tax for most of you from them:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820173374&Tpk=N82E16820173374

#379 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

New Egg just matched the $62

Darn, Vid! Don't really need it but ordered one anyway. It takes me a while to load up smaller cards than this because there are so few records on which I like all the songs. So I cherry-pick songs from numerous CDs from the same group and store them in a folder so when I select that group I hear continuous play of nothing but what I consider as their best stuff. Lots of classic rock stuff plus jazz-rock by groups such as Spyro Gyra and Fattburger and The Rippingtons (plus my own instrumental recordings).

#380 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

It takes me a while to load up smaller cards than this because there are so few records on which I like all the songs. So I cherry-pick songs from numerous CDs from the same group and store them in a folder so when I select that group I hear continuous play of nothing but what I consider as their best stuff. Lots of classic rock stuff plus jazz-rock by groups such as Spyro Gyra and Fattburger and The Rippingtons (plus my own instrumental recordings).

You can create a playlist with just the songs you like, without moving the songs from their folders.

You might have "driving music", "funkyass shlt", "Showtunes", "Thrash" and "Prog Jazz"

Press the 3 little dots next to a song title, and "add to playlist"

Look at page 55 if you want a step by step:

http://www.specsserver.com/CACHE/frnpdqjbtutm.pdf

1 month later
#381 5 years ago

I am still watching for another price drop

#382 5 years ago

I have been listening to this thing for a few weeks or more. Now I have two 400 gig cards and they are full.

The device is amazing. I need some better headphones but I just use and1 triple can in ears.

Again, Amazing. If you like your sound, you will not regret this purchase.

One song in the cans made the whole purchase come together quickly.

This one, but there are many others. Many.

Physical, by the revolting cocks.

Everything sounds amazing.

4 months later
#383 4 years ago

vid1900 so when I'm burning a new CD, I can just drop it straight into the SD card, correct?
Also, what kind of telescope under $500 would you recommend?
Thanks buddy.

1 year later
#384 3 years ago

https://www.adorama.com/idsqxa1tb.html

1TB cards for $183

400gb cards $39
512gb cards $63

Black Friday sales

#385 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

https://www.adorama.com/idsqxa1tb.html
1TB cards for $183
400gb cards $39
512gb cards $63
Black Friday sales

Amazon has a 1TB card for $149 today.
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B08HCPTMJG/ref=sr_1_4

I'm so tempted, but since Coronavirus, I'm not out and about like I once was.

Anyone replace their battery in their Pioneer DAP? Mine doesn't hold a charge as well as it used to.

#386 3 years ago

Yep, battery got fat and started to push against the screen.

New battery was $21 on ebay

Takes the same battery as Onk cellphones

#387 3 years ago

This is the cellphone battery you need:

ebay.com link: Original 1630mAh 6 2Wh 3 8V Battery PR 335367G For TCL 1ICP4 53 67

11246247 (resized).jpg11246247 (resized).jpg
#388 3 years ago
asdf-1 (resized).jpgasdf-1 (resized).jpg
8 months later
#389 2 years ago

Finally got my battery from overseas. Any gotcha's in replacing the battery? Adhesives that I'll need to reapply? I had a bad and unsuccessful experience replacing a swollen cell phone battery, just hoping I don't destroy this thing.

Edit - actually, how do you even open this thing up? is this a heat-up and suction cup out the LCD situation? This may be beyond my paygrade, given how the cellphone went.

2 weeks later
#390 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Edit - actually, how do you even open this thing up? is this a heat-up and suction cup out the LCD situation? This may be beyond my paygrade, given how the cellphone went.

Warm the front up with a hair dryer, work a thin guitar pick under the screen, while pulling up with suction cup.

You need a roll of cell phone double sided tape to reinstall the screen.

There is a larger battery available now, that comes with the tool kit to open:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33018646852.html
36334901994_2439bf3630_o (resized).jpg36334901994_2439bf3630_o (resized).jpg36334902794_9e1ea0b6a7_o (resized).jpg36334902794_9e1ea0b6a7_o (resized).jpg37029324521_20aa65c484_o (resized).jpg37029324521_20aa65c484_o (resized).jpg36773747750_767fa55e70_o (resized).jpg36773747750_767fa55e70_o (resized).jpg

#392 2 years ago

I just read that thread for the first time, lots of great information there. I've replaced a few screens myself but every time I did the replacement digitizer (that was bonded to the screen) was crap, lousy responsivness, inaccurate, etc. I think they sell a lot of rejects on ebay, aliexpress, etc.

9 months later
#393 1 year ago

I am now upgrading my device and ordering the parts. The battery is the easy part. However, I need to replace the audio jack. Does anyone have a listing or a part number on the jack itself.

Mine became tweaked and no longer holds the headphone jack.

I’m going to do the new battery and jack. Probably order a second of each.

Cannot find an actual parts listing with that jack number. Thanks for any help.

#394 1 year ago

If any of you guys took pictures when you replaced your battery, can you please post a closeup of the headphone jack area?

#395 1 year ago

Thanks again.

#396 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If any of you guys took pictures when you replaced your battery, can you please post a closeup of the headphone jack area?

I never got the nerve to do mine. I had a phone battery replacement go bad, killing the screen.

Because of that experience, I paid an authorized repair place to replace my current phone's battery yesterday, they also killed the screen. Not looking forward to fixing my Pioneer DAP, but it needs it. If I turn on the wifi, the DAP gets stuck in a reboot loop.

There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/audiophile-ipod-299-sale-pioneer-xdp100r/page/8?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.