93301072 (resized).jpg
614xmwdO3bL._SL1123_ (resized).jpg
20-331-227-V01 (resized).jpg
s-l64kkkk0 (resized).jpg
14991 (resized).Jpg
7436947.attach (resized).jpg
61jy+2s8nmL._SL1443_ (resized).jpg
71JIjwCrP6L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 5 years ago

The fog is slowly lifting.
Got this special delivery today
20180930_151200 (resized).jpg20180930_151200 (resized).jpg

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

The fog is slowly lifting.
Got this special delivery today
[quoted image]

Congrats... this is the best bang for the buck lossless player on the market.

Protip.... turn down the sensitivity on the dial to the lowest setting....that bitch is sensitive.

#303 5 years ago

Pioneer XDP-30R is on sale for $169.99 (with $30 GC) at Newegg:

https://flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIA3JX5NH6818

61jy+2s8nmL._SL1443_ (resized).jpg61jy+2s8nmL._SL1443_ (resized).jpg71JIjwCrP6L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg71JIjwCrP6L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Pioneer XDP-30R is on sale for $169.99 (with $30 GC) at Newegg:

Good looking out, I almost jumped on this last time but the sale ended before I could decide. I'll just have to figure out what to use the GC on... I used to spend at least $10K a year with Newegg, now I can't even remember my login/password.

1 week later
#305 5 years ago

Ok...last page Vid made everything kinda crystal clear. Just go into my pc, music, ctrl+A, and send to SD card. Right? It didn't seem right, it only took 20 minutes to transfer to SD. But now I've got my FiiO updating media files and it's up to 3400 and still goin. Hope this works.
In other news, I just updated my ACDC to the latest Metallica code lol. Whoopsie.

#306 5 years ago

Because of a metalhhead Pinsider's passing I am not as excited as usual but YAY, it worked.
Stoked to have my tunes back again. Most albums there but I have 14 ACDC albums only 6 showed up. 17 Maiden albums all there. Weird.

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Most albums there but I have 14 ACDC albums only 6 showed up.

Many players can't read odd audio files (like lossless .ape, or .mp2), so those files ARE on the memory stick, but don't show up in the menus.

So those you may have to first convert to FLAC or MP3, then up them to the card (remember to delete the incompatible ones from the card first)

#308 5 years ago

FiiO X1II is a great little player. It also pairs nicely with the Apple Air Buds. Those things sound pretty darn good for what they are, and are about the only pair of in-ear buds that actually stay in place, which seemed a bit hard to understand for a while. I think it has to do with out light they are, and no weight or tug of any cables.

#309 5 years ago

Super Woody please don't say the A word in here.
MODS!
Reported.

#310 5 years ago

Vid MUCHOS GRACIAS.
The ctrl+A in library tip was a game changer. First time caller long time listener.

#311 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Vid MUCHOS GRACIAS.
The ctrl+A in library tip was a game changer. First time caller long time listener.

Now, if you really want to get wit the ladies:

CTRL A (highlight all the folders)
CTRL C (copy all highlighted folders)
CTRL V (paste all copied folders)

#312 5 years ago

LOL
It was more the tip about not needing MusicBee or any 3rd party app to store my library in. Just go into the file, ctrl+A, BAM done. I didn't realize it was that easy until you made that point.
Still can't find my ACDC lol.
Let's go Colts!

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Most albums there but I have 14 ACDC albums only 6 showed up.

Another reason they might not show up is that the folder title has illegal characters ( or ? or /). So if one of the folders is named "AC_DC Back_in_Black" your player might not display that album.

So go to your My Music and find the missing album folder.

Look for odd characters in the title. Change the name of the folder to just "ACDC Back In Black" without any backslashes or underscores.

Next, look at the contents of the folder. Look at the file extensions and make sure they are not odd file types. So if they are "Shes got the jack.ape" or "shes got the jack.mp4" you need to use an onlne converter to change those files into normal files (turn .ape into .flac, turn .mp4 into .mp3 ......)

Once you've got your naming and extensions figured out, put the microSD card in the computer.

Open 2 file windows, one the card, the other your My Music.

In the Card window, find the ACDC folder. Inside, find the album folders that don't show up in the player - delete them.

In the My Music window, drag the renamed folders into the Card window AC/DC folder.

Put the card back in the player and let it re-sync with the new folders

#314 5 years ago

B&H has the XPD-30R for $149 right now in today's email.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1334874-REG/pioneer_xdp_30r_b_digital_audio_player_black.html

7436947.attach (resized).jpg7436947.attach (resized).jpg
#316 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

256 cards today $69
amazon.com link »

And 400GB cards are $113

#317 5 years ago

Where they heck are they putting all that space? It blows my mind that it's the exact same form factor that they had 10+ years ago and the first card I bought for my very first flip phone with camera was 128 MEGA Bytes.

#320 5 years ago

Welp, left my FiiO on the ground in front of Expo on the load out. I know this because I remember looking at it thinking "I should put that in my pocket before I forget it" and then got to talkin. That's ok. I really couldn't stand that mf anyway. Vids deal expired, now $229. Nope.
Bought an iPod classic 120gb at the pawn shop for $80. It's been 4 hours and only a third of the library through see y'all at 4 am with some Ronnie James.

#322 5 years ago

We are now at 4300 out of 6660 woop

#324 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Welp, left my FiiO on the ground in front of Expo on the load out.

It's like a portable player nightmare!

#325 5 years ago

Holy shit it was awful.

#326 5 years ago

4886 goddamn c'mon.

4 weeks later
#328 5 years ago
Quoted from Svengo:

400 GB for $80 today
amazon.com link »

That's the magic price. Wish I had spare funds for more, I could use like 3 more of these.

#329 5 years ago

For those looking for the original Pioneer XDP-100R from the first post in this thread, here for $199:

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/pionxdp100rk/pioneer-xdp-100r-32gb-portable-hi-res-audio-player-black/1.html

or Silver

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/pionxdp100rs/pioneer-xdp-100r-32gb-portable-hi-res-audio-player-silver/1.html

These say they are referbs from the Pioneer factory, so I would trust that compared to some 3rd party + the warranty is from Pioneer.

EDIT: A few of you who bought these this time around have said that they are brand new with screen protector film still on the units.

-

They also have it's big brother the flagship XDP-300R for $299. The difference is that the 300R has dual balanced amps inside (If you don't know that that is, just get the 100R ).

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/pionxdp300rs/pioneer-xdp-300r-32gb-digital-audio-player-silver/1.html
14991 (resized).Jpg14991 (resized).Jpg

#330 5 years ago

If you have an iPod and want to bring the best sound of it, be able to upload music without going through itunes and play flac audio, I would recommend giving rockbox a shot. It's a custom firmware for iPOD, can be installed and reverted to the stock firmware if you don't like it and it's free. The sound is tremendously improved, so is the ease of use.

I tried it, and decided not to buy an audiophile player, the gap with the stock ipod is amazing.

https://www.rockbox.org/

#331 5 years ago

We talked about Rockbox and replacing the iPod's mechanical harddrive with SD cards earlier in the thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/audiophile-ipod-299-sale-pioneer-xdp100r/page/3#post-3741806

#332 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

We talked about Rockbox and replacing the iPod's mechanical harddrive with SD cards earlier in the thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/audiophile-ipod-299-sale-pioneer-xdp100r/page/3#post-3741806

Thanks for bringing it up, I had no idea the hard drive could be replaced, it didn't hit my mind for some reasons, but I'll definitely look into it !

#333 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Thanks for bringing it up, I had no idea the hard drive could be replaced, it didn't hit my mind for some reasons, but I'll definitely look into it !

Back in the day, we'd put a mechanical Hitachi 200gig drive in and people would go crazy "You've got 200gigs ?????".

Now you can go asscrazy with 4 sd cards in an iPod

s-l64kkkk0 (resized).jpgs-l64kkkk0 (resized).jpg
#334 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

For those looking for the original Pioneer XDP-100R from the first post in this thread, here for $199:

I jumped on a silver one this time. I almost bit on the XDP-30R last time it was on sale but ended up going down the rabbit hole and wound up with an Onkyo CR-N765 instead.

#335 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Now you can go asscrazy with 4 sd cards in an iPod

Vid, thanks for giving me something else to buy and spend time on!

#336 5 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Vid, thanks for giving me something else to buy and spend time on!

That's my job.

Keeping China's economy running before the big crash.

1 week later
#337 5 years ago

512gb microXD cards in stock @ Newegg:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?reviews=all&Item=N82E16820331227

Finally, the XDP can exceed a Terabyte of storage.

20-331-227-V01 (resized).jpg20-331-227-V01 (resized).jpg
#338 5 years ago

I see the Senheiser HD-600 headphones are on sale @ Amazon today for $250

That's the lowest price I think I've ever seen real ones for.

Good cheap Xmas present if you don't want another thoughtless tie from the wife.

These are THE reference headphone. Look at any headphone review, they ALL reference the HD600 in comparison.

Made in Ireland, and every replacement part is available after the 2 year warranty expires.

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Open-Back-Professional-Headphone/dp/B00004SY4H/ref=sr_1_3
614xmwdO3bL._SL1123_ (resized).jpg614xmwdO3bL._SL1123_ (resized).jpg

#339 5 years ago

Very, very tempting. I don’t need another pair but I finally have good headphone amps in all the places I enjoy listening to music. Do they get down in this price range often?

Edit: noticed your comment about lowest price ever. dammit.

#340 5 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Do they get down in this price range often?

Absolutely never.

Generally $320-399

When they were the flagship, they were $499

#341 5 years ago

How do these HD 600's compare with the ones on massdrop for $199 which are essentially the HD 650? It looks like those are in-stock and ready to ship now, as opposed to having to wait in the past. Thanks

Quoted from vid1900:

I see the Senheiser HD-600 headphones are on sale @ Amazon today for $250
That's the lowest price I think I've ever seen real ones for.
Good cheap Xmas present if you don't want another thoughtless tie from the wife.
These are THE reference headphone. Look at any headphone review, they ALL reference the HD600 in comparison.
Made in Ireland, and every replacement part is available after the 2 year warranty expires.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

#342 5 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

How do these HD 600's compare with the ones on massdrop for $199 which are essentially the HD 650? It looks like those are in-stock and ready to ship now, as opposed to having to wait in the past. Thanks

I noticed the same thing last night but after reading reviews on the HD 6XX, they seemed to be compared unfavorably even though they're newer and appear to be higher in the lineup just from the name.

I ended up not buying for the time being. I've got a number of good cans, both open and closed, and have gotten into the Chi-Fi IEM world lately. I didn't need 'em and although I really like the way they sound, I think I'd get more use out of something like the Fostex T50RP.

#343 5 years ago

By the way if anyone's looking for an inexpensive set of earbuds, these have been a real surprise:

https://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_1838201.html

$15 shipped and they pair nicely with the XDP for listening on the go.

#344 5 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

The Massdrop ones are a hair less bright on the higher-mids.

So bands with terrible fidelity (like Led Zep or Sweet), sound better with the 6xx.

I did not know that the 6xx were in stock now, that is super bad-ass not to wait 6 months to get them.

#345 5 years ago

I finally picked up the xdp100r. If you are still on the fence like I was, you will not be disappointed.

The refurbished unit I purchased was new in box. It appeared never used with the screen protector still on.

The thing is a revelation.

I need better head phones but I have the best headphones $30 can buy right now. According to toms hardware.

The revelation is in the sound. Listening to all flacs, and I have more music than time to listen now.

The older recordings are astounding. For instance, David Bowie the man who sold the world.

The entire album sounds different. Supermen. The entire album sounds like a different album.

I know part of this is my stroke and three brain surgeries everything is fresh and new.

But this device is the way to do it!

Peace!

#346 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

If you are still on the fence like I was, you will not be disappointed.

I've said it before; most junk I buy, I get bored with after a few months.

The XDP, I'm still thrilled with, every time I use it.

Playing some Kurt Vile right now in fact....

#347 5 years ago

Damn you Vid. Second one just ordered. This time I'll leave it at home when I go out to get sloshed.

#348 5 years ago

Just gotta say...those heaters you recommended, sumbitch these things are GREAT!! IN winters suck a little bit less now, grazie.

#349 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Damn you Vid. Second one just ordered. This time I'll leave it at home when I go out to get sloshed.

I wish I could earn commission every time you buy one of these things....I could afford to get the f out of Yemen (if the peace lasts, they'll probably kick me out anyways).

Let us know if the one you get is also brand new in a **referb** box.

#350 5 years ago

Where do you guys get the audio? Is there a giant pinside Dropbox pm link I’m missing? Sadly I have TONS but all mp3 from ripping to an Elan home system.

There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/audiophile-ipod-299-sale-pioneer-xdp100r/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.