Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0505191651 (resized).jpg
IMG_4164 (resized).jpg

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Yeah, that's the main goal. I was hoping JJP was going to take some responsibility for it, but they seem to suggest it's normal. I find it weird that a high end game like this should have that kind of "noise", it makes it feel cheap. Sure, operators don't care and the public doesn't either but I turn my game on and off daily and I have to hear it. Plus this should cure the pop for anyone else so might be a nice solution.

I absolutely 100% agree with you.

On a machine this expensive (or even less expensive), it "should not" be a problem. Period.

It's ridiculous that it is.

I get it!

5 months later
#52 4 years ago

I still have the pops. One “easy” suggestion is to simply unplug one of the cables in the backbox.

I just haven’t done this yet.

#54 4 years ago

It won’t hurt to try. I have regular pops from the audio during gameplay which is really annoying.

No pops to speak of when using headphones.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

It won’t hurt to try. I have regular pops from the audio during gameplay which is really annoying.
No pops to speak of when using headphones.

Ah yeah, that's only for power on pops. Can't believe JJP hasn't solved that for you. Probably need a new motherboard or audio board.

#56 4 years ago

Ah yeah, that's only for power on pops. Can't believe JJP hasn't solved that for you. Probably need a new motherboard or audio board.

Yea I sorta stopped pursuing it. Maybe I still can.

#57 4 years ago

I installed the pinballmods pop eliminator today in less than 30 minutes. It works great! Installation was smooth and easy. The only difference was that the power connection on the video was yellow and black and the connection on Wonka is red and black - no sweat. No more M-80 going off when I turn the game on! Highly recommended.

#58 4 years ago

HAH.. yeah, can only find two strand hookup wire in red/black so we switched over to that. Glad it didn't cause too much confusion

Thanks!

#59 4 years ago

HAH.. yeah, can only find two strand hookup wire in red/black so we switched over to that. Glad it didn't cause too much confusion
Thanks!

For WONKA, it matched the available backbox's red and black power connector perfectly.

1 month later
#60 4 years ago

Does JJP provide the necessary part free of charge?

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Does JJP provide the necessary part free of charge?

In which case? I think the only thing JJP may have provided people is a replacement line filter because the one they use seems to have issues, at least sometimes, and not for the "pop" at turn on. The line filter is mainly for whining and hissing noises and the filter removes those from DC circuits. The only thing that prevents the pop at turn on, at the moment, that I know of is our pop eliminator.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/audio-popping-on-power-on-in-jjp-games/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.