Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TomGWI
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 1.46.36 PM.png
    #1 10 years ago

They just keep telling me to check the wires NOPE that DID not work! check the wires again and that's not working! I am get frustrated with them! Also, went to upload the new code 1.22 today. Wouldn't work. They called but said the file was not unzipped. Wrong, when I can see the files and graphics, sound files, script and folders inside the folder IT'S UNZIPPED . FYI the files were unzipped. Can you say let go fishing?
    Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 1.46.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-10-26 at 1.46.36 PM.png

Game is fun but the support Hang on while we wait I have an let's fill out a trouble ticket again are you kidding? I keep getting the same answer over and over Who knows if my audio will ever work right I almost wish the lights would blow out maybe that way I could get better support. Now we are fishing that the USB speed could be a problem. You ? Yes, I am very aware that USB sticks are not created equal. Oh, if you updated 1.18 to 1.21 and use the same USB stick then it must be the USB stick surly

#2 10 years ago

In fact, you can often see inside zips that are still zipped, depending on how they're built.

#3 10 years ago

Why start a new topic when you already have one for this problem? You have not even bothered to explain specifically what the probem is in this new thread.

Here is the old one. I am assuming the audio problem is the same one? Maybe you have a bad amplifier board?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-audio-problems

#4 10 years ago

The audio works then just comes and goes.
    Yes I am aware that you can see zipped files depending on how they are built. I have done
    An update before on this machine. I think I have down pat. I have downloaded the file again just to make sure it didn't come on corrupt somehow, will update tomorrow and see if that works.

#5 10 years ago

The woz runs off a pc correct?

#6 10 years ago

Yes it does

#7 10 years ago

The audio is just a PC that runs output into an amp board. There are several cables:

There is a 3.5mm to 3.5mm that runs from the PC to the audio amp. Lets start there. Find the back of the computer and plug in a set of headphones. Play a few games and see if you can reproduce the problem.

If its unable to be reproduced in this manner, then that means the PC output is not the issue. If you can reproduce this way, its a problem in the PC.

Assuming its not the pc, next, try with the headphones plugged into the headphone jack on the door. We need to eliminate some things. Some decent results with these tests would help track the problem down.

On the audio amp, there are three output cables. Red and right for left and right. Yellow for sub. I would try running with both the red and white unplugged and make sure you get sound out of both speakers. It could be possible that you've always had one of the two speakers not working so when the other cuts out it cuts all the sound voices.

Also keep in mind "check the cables" is a way to get more information. Not to solve the problem. So "that didnt work" isn't a response to check the cables...

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

The audio is just a PC that runs output into an amp board. There are several cables:
    There is a 3.5mm to 3.5mm that runs from the PC to the audio amp. Lets start there. Find the back of the computer and plug in a set of headphones. Play a few games and see if you can reproduce the problem.
    If its unable to be reproduced in this manner, then that means the PC output is not the issue. If you can reproduce this way, its a problem in the PC.
    Assuming its not the pc, next, try with the headphones plugged into the headphone jack on the door. We need to eliminate some things. Some decent results with these tests would help track the problem down.
    On the audio amp, there are three output cables. Red and right for left and right. Yellow for sub. I would try running with both the red and white unplugged and make sure you get sound out of both speakers. It could be possible that you've always had one of the two speakers not working so when the other cuts out it cuts all the sound voices.
    Also keep in mind "check the cables" is a way to get more information. Not to solve the problem. So "that didnt work" isn't a response to check the cables...

I will work on that tomorrow....
    Thank you.....

I did get the code to work after I re-formated the USB and re-downloaded the file. Unzipped and moved it over and BINGO it worked.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

went to upload the new code 1.22 today. Wouldn't work.

Make sure that the USB stick is formatted for FAT32, I couldn't load 1.22 because I had the USB drive formatted in exFAT and I noticed that someone else had troubles because it was formatted for NTFS

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

I did get the code to work after I re-formated the USB and re-downloaded the file. Unzipped and moved it over and BINGO it worked.

I just noticed that you got it to work. What did you format it as FAT32 ?

#11 10 years ago

Yes I think that was my problem as well so when I reformatted I made sure it was FAT32.
    I had that feeling. It works now so I am good to go. Now just need to track down the audio issues tomorrow.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Now just need to track down the audio issues tomorrow.

Good luck

#13 10 years ago

Another thing that you could try is the audio output jack in the back of the game to see if it outputs any sound

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Yes I think that was my problem as well so when I reformatted I made sure it was FAT32.
    I had that feeling. It works now so I am good to go. Now just need to track down the audio issues tomorrow.

I did have issues when I opened the box and were all loose connector issues. Not saying this is the problem but could be. Have you tired the headphone jack on the front and made sure the sound is not just muted there? I know it is a dumb question but sometimes it is the simple things.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

I will work on that tomorrow....
    Thank you.....

Yea, I brought my WoZ back inside 2 days ago and noticed that the left speaker wasn't working. So that's when I investigated all this. In my case, I need a new cable that goes from the PC to the audio amp. Right now I have it twisted into a working position, but it has a bit of a short inside the cable.

#16 10 years ago

Sooooooooo...what's the quality of a WoZ build anyways?

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

Still pretty sweet and setting a new bar.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

Good but not perfect (but really is anything ever perfect).

Here was Clay's take on it: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-issues

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/audio-issues-still and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.