Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What Car should I buy”

• 2015 Infinity Q50s 31 votes
      40%
    • 2014 Audi SQ5 14 votes
      18%
    • 2014 Audi A4 6 votes
      8%
    • Something else 27 votes
      35%

(78 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2567 (resized).JPG
    20170107_122426 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20170106_222836 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4128 (resized).JPG
    11 2016b (resized).jpg
    11 2016a (resized).jpg
    2015-infiniti-qx70-base_interior_above_1427485984_700x467 (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    20161227_171909 (resized).jpg
    20161227_171917 (resized).jpg
    20141004_131927_resized (resized).jpg
    2017-infiniti-q50-bumper-details-original (resized).jpg
    dsc_00021 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 7 years ago

I like Audis , I do collision repair and as far as body and frame are concerned audis are the best . I've onwned 2 a S6 , loved that car very fun to drive and would go through snow with ease. But mpgs were not great (low 20s high teens) and I owned when gas was near $4 agallon so got sick of burning money and I downsized to the A4 . When I sold my S6 it had 260,000 miles on it . Kept my A4 for a while , but I wanted to get even better mpgs than it did also so I sold it with around 175,000 miles on it . I do all my own work and upkeep on my vehicles so labour costs are not a concearn of mine . And now I drive a ford fiesta , great mpgs and I can fit a pinball machine in it .Yeah it is not really fun to drive and is not the most comfortable but with the money I am saving on gas I can put it towards more pinballs so I have that going for me .

#89 7 years ago

Taking the whole front end off an audi is very quick and easy and it gives you complete access to the timing belt .The last audi timing belt I did was on my mother's A4 and it took me about 3 1/2 hours start to finish . Audi recomends ( for the model I was working on )timing belts to be replaced at 80,000 miles so this is not work you'll be doing every year. The only way to get that type of complete access to most japanese cars is to pull the motor out (which is way more work ) and yes they can be done without doing so but it sure is nice to have complete access when doing a timing belt . Specialty tools are needed for most timing belts Audi I needed a crank lock $25 ( this one works on a few different audi motors ) and a cam lock $160 ( this one is specific to one or 2 types of motors ) both tools I purchased from my Mac tools dealer .when I sold my audi that used that cam lock tool I traded that tool back in to theMac dealer and was given $150 credit for it . Lexus and infiniti are fine cars and it is a fact that they hold their value better than audis , and will require less work than an audi , but a used one will cost you thousands more than a comparable used audi . So either you spend the money when you buy the car or later when it needs to be fixed . Since I can do all the work myself used audis are a good choice for me .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/audi-vs-infinity?tu=trilogybeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.