Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What Car should I buy”

• 2015 Infinity Q50s 31 votes
      40%
    • 2014 Audi SQ5 14 votes
      18%
    • 2014 Audi A4 6 votes
      8%
    • Something else 27 votes
      35%

(78 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2567 (resized).JPG
    20170107_122426 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20170106_222836 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4128 (resized).JPG
    11 2016b (resized).jpg
    11 2016a (resized).jpg
    2015-infiniti-qx70-base_interior_above_1427485984_700x467 (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    20161227_171909 (resized).jpg
    20161227_171917 (resized).jpg
    20141004_131927_resized (resized).jpg
    2017-infiniti-q50-bumper-details-original (resized).jpg
    dsc_00021 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 7 years ago

I'm in the car business, we sell new vehicles and specialize in high line late model used. Part of my job is to buy all the vehicles for the dealership as well as appraise the trades coming in. That said, we've sold a ton of Q-50's and have had great feedback. The Q 50 was just introduced in 2014 so I can't speak to this exact model's wherewithal, but the power plant and awd system have a solid reputation long term. I've had a G35 AWD(similar drivetrain) and have only had to do regular maintenance(0 issues, knock on wood) and it's over 130,000 and 8 years old right now.

What can tell you about Audi's. They're driver's cars, some swear by them and it may even be bit sexier car is some aspects. If you were only going to own both while they were under warranty, it would be a tough choice in my opinion. Since you're going to drive the vehicle well out of warranty I think the choice is very simple.

I think the nicest way I can say it is this; if you were one of my close friends or family members I would absolutely discourage at all costs the purchase of a late model Audi with the intent to drive to 200,000 miles. Older Audi's come in all the time, always with lights on and all kinds of issues that the drivers don't fix due to very high costs and were not talking a few hundred, instead thousands. Don't get me wrong, I've seem some nice high mileage Audi's, but very rare that they don't have a ton of issues going on beyond what made sense to repair and still make any money. I usually just send off to auction. I always worry about selling a high mileage/out of warranty Audi as the customers ultimately will be upset with us or the vehicle. I'm sure there's been some bad Infinit's out there as well, just don't see them very often. Again, if you were only keeping it under warranty it would be different.

Here's our market right now on Q50AWD which is a $48-$57 vehicle new

2015 Premium Q50AWD(non s) 27-28 selling price + or-
    2015 Premium Q50AWD Deluxe Tour 31-32 + or -
    2015 Premium Q50 Sport Hyrbrid last one I sold was 28900(no nav) with higher miles 38 k or so.

I haven't bought and sold a ton of sports , simply because they bring thousands more than a premium at the sale. I've found we've been able to provide pretty good value in Sport Hybrids, but don't see a ton. If I was pricing a Q 50SAWD premium, I would likely target my retail at 30-32 in a good color. Hope this helps!

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Yes Audi SQ5 is rated better on consumer reports and other rating sites then the Q50 is.. But I think the tech gliches in the Q50 is causing some of the ratings issues. Also I dunno how much you can belive those rating sites, thats why I ask for real world info like I did to my Friends on pinside =)

You're right on this! When the vehicle came out in 2014 it wasn't well received for this reason, tech layout and there were bugs to work through initially. 2015 is definitely the year to go after or newer.

The consumer reports rating isn't the best gauge as it doesn't generally rate the vehicle on a long term scale, more so problems when still under warranty. I know you didn't mention, but I'd take a look at Lexus AWD or Acura as well.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Stick with Subaru then. Good cars for the money.
    rd

The Subaru's are a hot vehicle right now. There's typically a waiting list in my market on new vehicles and the used late model bring close to what new ones do. Seems Subaru are the best value AWD and have a pretty good reputation.

#70 7 years ago

Here's another ride to consider in the Infiniti line. The QX-70 Sport, feels and drives like a sedan and has proven a proven track record and looks that kill especially in black with Sport Package. This is basically the Fx37 re-badged. The down side is the the tech in the vehicle is a bit outdated compared to the Q50.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

2015-infiniti-qx70-base_interior_above_1427485984_700x467 (resized).jpg2015-infiniti-qx70-base_interior_above_1427485984_700x467 (resized).jpg

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Drove one, not the S model and did not like had a huge blind spot because of how the hatch comes down

The blind spot is an issue but usually people get used to it, with tech pack you get blind spot warning and there are cams on mirrors, front and back on all models now for going in reverse.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/audi-vs-infinity?tu=sparechange1974 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.