(Topic ID: 76871)

Auction results in North Haven, CT 1-11-14

By Fluke_Starbucker

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pins1.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

There were about 10 pinball machines.
    I was trying to keep track of the final auction prices, but some weird guy was standing behind me peeping over what I was writing on my phone.

2 beat up Data East Star Wars machines.
    Both had lots of issues and both of them didn't play and their DMD's were dead. One sold for $1500 and the other $1400! Crazy money for these machines. I don't even think they could put 2 of them together to make one good one.

Addams family in good condition (not great but good) that sold for $2900.

There was a Hyper-Pin (I didn't catch the final bid) and a WOZ EC LE (final bid $6500) with a reserve that didn't sell.

Tons of stand up arcade games that sold for cheap money and there were 3 or 4 60 in 1 machines.

pins1.jpgpins1.jpg

#3 10 years ago

How much were the fees? Just wondering what a game like the WOZLE ends up really costing in the end

#4 10 years ago

The auction in CT charge $15 to enter your machine.
    The buyer pays the CT state tax + 18% online fee if you bid that way.
    I have been to that auction house before.

#5 10 years ago

Ya If u add the fees and taxes its 24% on top of the final bid...

#6 10 years ago

Full results for the pins are below. Here are my comments from examining during the preview.

Joker had a lot of bad playfield touch-ups in the center of the playfield but was a fun player game.

One Star Wars was dead from the start but the other one was booting early on. Both were in OK condition and would be worth fixing up. They will be $1,800 to $2K games.

Counterforce played fine. Little mylar bubbling. Good playable game if you like the game.

Addams Family was examined by everyone who came by. Constant reboots if you did anything like get a ball in a scoop or trigger the bookcase motor but the motors worked. Kept getting worse as everyone beat on it. Off route game with scoop wear but the mansion was not blown-out. Over all worth fixing up if you want a $3K Addams. But with a 15% buyers premium (18% on web) and 6.35% sales tax so the $2,900 win really cost $3,527. For a players TAF that probably needs a bridge rectifier replaced and a couple of coils checked out its OK.

The Water World and Shaq were in pretty good condition but there is always someone who wants top dollar for un-loved titles. After watching rows of sit-down race games going for a couple of hundred buck no one was paying top dollar for these.

WoZ should not have ben there. He wanted full dollar.

The "Hyper Pin" was being worked on for almost the entire two hour preview time. So big turn off to anyone interested. Plus it is a home made machine. It looked great, cabinet and all, but owner seemed to want top dollar again.

Police Force had a dead right flipper and flaky display issues. Why there was a reserve on this machine that was not met beats me.

Awesome deals on the vids, expected results on the pins.

********************************************************************************

Lot: 42
    Gottlieb "Waterworld" pinball; Used item. Powers up unless otherwise noted: plays great.

Lot: 43
    Williams "Joker" pinball machine; Used item. Powers up unless otherwise noted: plays great.
    Closing bid: 750 USD
    Sale location: On site

Lot: 44
    Gottlieb "Shaq Attaq" pinball; Used item. Powers up unless otherwise noted: plays great.

Lot: 45
    Data East - Star Wars pinball machine; Used item. Powers up unless otherwise noted: Working - has Darth Vader topper - dot

matrix screen not working properly - needs some work
    Closing bid: 1,400 USD
    Sale location: Internet

Lot: 46
    Counter-Force Pinball; Used item. Powers up unless otherwise noted:
    Closing bid: 500 USD

Lot: 47
    Bally Midway-Addams Family pinball machine; Used item. Powers up unless otherwise noted: works great - Very nice condition
    Closing bid: 2,900 USD

Lot: 48
    Data East Star Wars pinball machine; Used item. Powers up unless otherwise noted: works great. missing Darth Vader topper
    Closing bid: 1,500 USD

Lot: 49
    Wizard of OZ Emerald City LE edition Pinball (#49 out of 1000); Used item. Powers up unless otherwise noted: WIZARD OF OZ-

EMERALD CITY LE FEATURES: This machine is low # 49. Limited edition machine. Only 1000 made. Special Numbered Plaque on w

Lot: 50
    Hyper-pin digital pinball machine; Used item. Powers up unless otherwise noted: Hyper-pin digital pinball machine. Plays over

120 titles. 42" commercial grade play field monitor with a 32" HD monitor in head. Custom body and head graphics. Based

Lot: 51
    Police Force Pinball; Used item. Powers up unless otherwise noted:

#7 10 years ago

were you able to test/play the games before hand ?

#8 10 years ago

Yes, but most did not play. reboot to dead flippers. I think Jokerz, Water World and Counterforce are the only games really working.

Shaq would work but an upper flipper rubber came off and jammed the ball. No one was going to pull the glass of someone else's game.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

were you able to test/play the games before hand ?

Yes, they were all "on" for testing purposes except WOZ was roped off. Can blame them. I wouldnt want everyone handling it either.
    I even saw someone left a Coke can on the glass of one of the pins.
    Lots of people checking out the Hyper-Pin.
    Both Star Wars machines were unplayable almost concidered dead.

Quoted from Taxman:

WoZ should not have ben there. He wanted full dollar.

I heard the reserve was either $7500 or $8500. The machine would have been an ok sale at $8000, but most people there werent spending much money. Maybe the WOZ was out of place for an auction, but worth the money concidering what they are selling for here.

#10 10 years ago

Wow. Counterforce was the buy of the day...

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Fluke_Starbucker:

Yes, they were all "on" for testing purposes except WOZ was roped off. Can blame them. I wouldnt want everyone handling it either.
    I even saw someone left a Coke can on the glass of one of the pins.
    Lots of people checking out the Hyper-Pin.
    Both Star Wars machines were unplayable almost concidered dead.

I heard the reserve was either $7500 or $8500. The machine would have been an ok sale at $8000, but most people there werent spending much money. Maybe the WOZ was out of place for an auction, but worth the money concidering what they are selling for here.

Reserve may have been what woz is selling for but when u add 18% plus sales tax to that... Not so much

#12 10 years ago

Yeah I had a good time playing it. Should of picked it up for you Gerry.

-Jim

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

-Jim

I got one, but thanks for the thought...

But sometimes it never hurts to have 2

#14 10 years ago

And on shaq and waterworks they started at 3k bid. Went down to 1k and then got a couple bids to around 1500 but didn't meet reserve. Police force also had a reserve. Started at 3k. Wouldn't bring opening bid lower than 1k so no one bid on it.

-Jim

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

-Jim

Playing which game?

#17 10 years ago

As the ball slowly rolled across the big wide playfield

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Reserve may have been what woz is selling for but when u add 18% plus sales tax to that... Not so much

I hope that auction house thinks twice about those fees, because your right.
    Even if it sold for $8000, then they have to pay CT sales tax of 6.35% = $508
    + the online fee of 18% = $1440
    = $9948 for a machine you bought for $8000.

#19 10 years ago

yeah their buyers fee's are ridiculous...

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Fluke_Starbucker:

I hope that auction house thinks twice about those fees, because your right.
    Even if it sold for $8000, then they have to pay CT sales tax of 6.35% = $508
    + the online fee of 18% = $1440
    = $9948 for a machine you bought for $8000.

They advertise all over multiple New England Craigslists for u to let them sell your games.. The selling fee sounds low but their not explaining to the sellers that the fees are killing the sales.

#21 10 years ago

They won't be around long... Or they will burn a bunch of vendors selling arcades for next to nothing till they all stop coming back

#22 10 years ago

I know the Star Wars pin with the Darth Vader topper was a project pin, but the other one worked. I got to play it the other day for awhile and beside a burnt out bulb it played without problems. It could use new flipper coils but it still did the job. I don't care what anyone says, it was cool to see the WOZ there. I want one so bad.

Fluke. What should the auction fees be? I've been to many auction across the country and they are all 13.9% - 15% buyers premium (the extra 3% for online bids is put on by the online bidding site for their fees). All the ones that have lower premiums are the type with no advanced catalogue and all machines are brought in the day before to some rented hall. Most even charge a seller's fee on top of the listing fee (anywhere from 10% - 15% of selling price to the seller.)

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Steel_balls:

I don't care what anyone says, it was cool to see the WOZ there. I want one so bad.

You know there is a home use only Wizard Of Oz in your state right now. Throw them an offer. You never know what they will say.

newhaven.craigslist.org link

1 month later
    #24 10 years ago

I just heard that the auction place in North Haven will have a New In Box Wizard of Oz Standard Edition as well as a New In Box Transformers LE decepticons pin at this Saturday's auction.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Steel_balls:

I just heard that the auction place in North Haven will have a New In Box Wizard of Oz Standard Edition as well as a New In Box Transformers LE decepticons pin at this Saturday's auction.

How does one go about getting a game list?

#27 10 years ago

Thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/auction-results-in-north-haven-ct-1-11-13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.