(Topic ID: 170184)

Auction results for TN yesterday??

By perryd

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Anyone have the hammer prices for yesterday's auction in TN?? I heard there was some pretty good pins there.

#3 7 years ago

From what I've heard there were tons of pins and definitely some great deals. GB pro with green armor for $5300. Good looking FG that played well for $500.

#4 7 years ago

GB had no ghosting inserts at all.

#5 7 years ago

Isn't GB pro cheaper than that new in box delivered? Not sure I'd call 5300 a good deal unless I'm missing something

#6 7 years ago

It had all custom powdercoating and no ghosted inserts.

#7 7 years ago

Bump for hammer prices please

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tokkentakker:

From what I've heard there were tons of pins and definitely some great deals. GB pro with green armor for $5300. Good looking FG that played well for $500.

Family Guy for $500? Did you forget a 0 or was it a different title?

#9 7 years ago

I assume Flash Gordon. Family Guy should really be FGY.

#10 7 years ago

FG meant to be Flash Gordon...$500 was a buyback from dealer.

#11 7 years ago

Thanks. Figured it was a different title

#12 7 years ago

GB was a buyback at $5100

#13 7 years ago

Are these auctions even worth going to anymore? Buyer buy backs along with auction fees etc. seem to make these auctions a waste of time to try and score any sort of deal.

#14 7 years ago

GB ended up being a parking lot deal.

#15 7 years ago

On pins there seems to be no deals really the arcade stuff is still decent prices. I've found that when it comes to pins I have got better deals on mr pinball, pinside, or local trade/deals. The auction pins seem to go for retail and arent as well maintained/as nice

#16 7 years ago

I was curious also about hammer prices, but apparently that info is not forthcoming...

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Are these auctions even worth going to anymore? Buyer buy backs along with auction fees etc. seem to make these auctions a waste of time to try and score any sort of deal.

No, they are not. They have not been worth going to for 10 years or more. I go once every 3 years or so now. Have not bought a single thing in 9 years. I do agree that some of the arcades are worth bidding on though.

#18 7 years ago

I have not been to a Auction in 7 years. If you want pins, the auction is NOT the place to go.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I have not been to a Auction in 7 years. If you want pins, the auction is NOT the place to go.

Might be a good place to find vids though but again the fees tacked onto the hammer prices make it look better than it actually is, so I don't know.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

No, they are not. They have not been worth going to for 10 years or more. I go once every 3 years or so now. Have not bought a single thing in 9 years. I do agree that some of the arcades are worth bidding on though.

Sadly, this seems to be the case with most of the arcade auctions. I used to attend the Arlington one regularly. Haven't bought anything in years now. The phantom bidders still irk me and after you factor in the buyer's premium it's rare to get a deal. Much better chance of a deal with Craigslist alerts and contacts in the hobby.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/auction-results-for-tn-yesterday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.