(Topic ID: 181477)

auction in mi now , high prices, wow

By silver_spinner

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

this biddergy auction going on right now. batman forever already past 2700 and with fees its over 3200. in person viewed it. only 4 bulbs total worked on the entire playfield (slingshot gi) no insert lamps, half targets were broke in half, ball checks and a million other issues in addition to horrible flipper button cabinet wear.. other games that say "working" online description actually were broken upon inspection in person. the winners will get a big surprise in person if they didnt pre inspect before sale.

crazy

http://www.biddergy.com/Browse/R40151203/surplus_assets_-_gaming_machine_change_out_auction?CompletedListings=only

#2 7 years ago

I remembering hearing like 3-4 years ago that all the deals at tese auctions had dried up even by then...shit is beyond crazy!

#3 7 years ago

Redemption machines to the max. Guess that is what is bringing in the money. I know at the bowling alley close to me they have a filthy half-working NASCAR and 6 or so redemption games.

#4 7 years ago

It seems hard to find deals or projects these days.
    Games are available, but they are costly.

#5 7 years ago

Ive given up on that auction site. Its either garbage or it goes for insane prices. Ive bought some stuff from them before, and some was ok and a good deal, but other stuff was just garbage not as described

#6 7 years ago

Yeah, I miss the deals I'd find at Superauctions 8-9 years ago.

Now, I see stuff like cyberauctions doing an arcade auction where prices are bid way up and you have no idea who's doing it. And, you have to stay up all night, because if someone bids in the last 5 minutes, it adds an hour to the auction.

I gave up after trying 2 different auctions.

Now I just look on CL and pinside.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigbadmiker:

because if someone bids in the last 5 minutes, it adds an hour to the auction.

UFF...that blows

#8 7 years ago

Come to the PATZ auction. It's fair and honest, you pay in cash on the spot and take the game home. No hassle and NO FEE'S of any kind.

John

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Ive given up on that auction site. Its either garbage or it goes for insane prices. Ive bought some stuff from them before, and some was ok and a good deal, but other stuff was just garbage not as described

I hear ya. You definitely have to be careful. I was lucky last spring where I won a Sega Sports redemption game for $38. After fees around $45 or so. It worked great. Got it for the 192x64 display and all the Sega system 3 pinball boards. Made quite a bit off the game just parting it out.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

the winners will get a big surprise in person if they didnt pre inspect before sale.
    crazy

If you read the fine print you had to pay for the game before you were allowed to pick it up. A surprise for anyone that didn't inspect before bidding.

#11 7 years ago

Biddergy auctions are COMPLETE scams. They bid up the merchandise they sell and they will show pics misrepresenting their merchandise. I've inspected arcades and pins they have sold in the past and every one had so many issues that they were nothing but money drains. They listed games as working that had no power supplies and a pin that had all the boards missing. Their photos usually make the games look far better than they are. If you get a deal there, go buy a Powerball ticket, because you are really lucky. Buyer beware.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Come to the PATZ auction. It's fair and honest, you pay in cash on the spot and take the game home. No hassle and NO FEE'S of any kind.
    John

and a very well ran auction my friend, great job on that as always.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/auction-in-mi-now-high-prices-wow?hl=newport-bill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.