Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by freeplay3
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viper001.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I noticed AGS is re-opening following the lockdown and planning on doing their first auction in Sevierville this Saturday. I'm itching to get out and stretch the legs on my new truck and I was thinking about going. Are their any other brave souls planning on going?

#3 3 years ago

Well, you might go and come home with a game that "probably only needs a fuse" until you find out it doesn't.

Or you may think you are bidding on a nice Medieval Madness only to realize you just won a Street Fighter II.

Or there is this disease going around that is kinda contagious.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

can you post some pictures from friday night / Saturday. i am curious to see what the changes look like.

My plans have changed and I likely won't be able to attend this one. I'm hoping to next month however.

I will say previous AGS management have literally freaked out over people taking and posting pictures of their auctions. I don't know if the current management feels the same way but I remember a guy getting called out and asked to leave for doing it. Again, this was a long time ago when people didn't routinely take pictures of everything and anything...

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

why the heck would they care? Seems it would drive more business.

I don't know, I could see it backfiring from their perspective as well. If you put out pictures of an incomplete inventory of what showed up it might cause folks that would have come from changing their mind, which could possibly drive down prices??

If I remember the explanation given at the time they didn't want picture taken because the equipment was owned by 3rd parties that might not want it published, or something like that. In any case I mentioned that was previous management, there is a whole different group that owns this company now and they may welcome folks taking pictures. Who knows??

#13 3 years ago

So did anyone go? How was it??

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

I watched a video. I was only interested in the pins. Only a few modern ones. Doing this from memory so I maybe off slightly.
    Congo 4150
    Sm 4600
    De wwf 3000
    Munsters 5000
    X men pro 4600
    Rescue 911 1700

Thanks for posting! Looks like a lot of ops are dumping their crane games, rows and rows of that kind of stuff. Hopefully more pins at the next one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viper001.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/auction-game-sales-this-saturday?tu=viper001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.