Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by freeplay3
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I noticed AGS is re-opening following the lockdown and planning on doing their first auction in Sevierville this Saturday. I'm itching to get out and stretch the legs on my new truck and I was thinking about going. Are their any other brave souls planning on going?

#3 3 years ago

Well, you might go and come home with a game that "probably only needs a fuse" until you find out it doesn't.

Or you may think you are bidding on a nice Medieval Madness only to realize you just won a Street Fighter II.

Or there is this disease going around that is kinda contagious.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from viper001:

Well, you might go and come home with a game that "probably only needs a fuse" until you find out it doesn't.
    Or you may think you are bidding on a nice Medieval Madness only to realize you just won a Street Fighter II.
    Or there is this disease going around that is kinda contagious.

I would be way more worried about the first two

#5 3 years ago

Since you will be the only one there you will be the high bidder on everything up for sale, better take a dump truck.

#6 3 years ago

can you post some pictures from friday night / Saturday. i am curious to see what the changes look like. for those of you that didn't get the email, here is what is being required for this auction.

1) Sevierville Convention Center is requiring EVERYONE to have their temperature checked prior to entering the building. Your temperature will be checked using a non-contact thermal camera. If the temperature is over 100.4° you cannot enter the building. The front of the the building will be locked and you must enter through the back dock area. Wristbands are issued once you pass the temperature screening. You will be required to have the wristband on in order to be in the building.

2) Masks are not required but are strongly recommended by the Sevierville Convention Center.

3) Hand sanitizer stations will be setup in the event hall for anyone to use.

4) The auctioneer and ticket writer will be behind a roped off area that will move with the auctioneer to provide them the required social distancing. You will be given plenty of time to inspect all items but once the auction starts you will not be able to play or touch the games as the auctioneer is selling those particular items. This is not saying you cannot play the games once the auction starts. Just that you cannot play the games in the area that the auctioneer is selling at that moment.

5) Because of distancing requirements the sale will look much different from what everyone is accustomed to. Items will be placed in spaced rows based more on the order it arrives than by its subcategory. This is simply because of the many unknowns such as number of items, number of kinds of items, space the subcategories would encompass when spread out, etc. That said, the pinball machines will be where we wrap up the auction.

6) We are asking that everyone help us by being mindful of the other customers and providing them with the space needed to keep everyone comfortable and safe. If we do not comply, the chances of not being able to conduct future auctions will be greatly impacted.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

can you post some pictures from friday night / Saturday. i am curious to see what the changes look like. for those of you that didn't get the email, here is what is being required for this auction.
    1) Sevierville Convention Center is requiring EVERYONE to have their temperature checked prior to entering the building. Your temperature will be checked using a non-contact thermal camera. If the temperature is over 100.4° you cannot enter the building. The front of the the building will be locked and you must enter through the back dock area. Wristbands are issued once you pass the temperature screening. You will be required to have the wristband on in order to be in the building.
    2) Masks are not required but are strongly recommended by the Sevierville Convention Center.
    3) Hand sanitizer stations will be setup in the event hall for anyone to use.
    4) The auctioneer and ticket writer will be behind a roped off area that will move with the auctioneer to provide them the required social distancing. You will be given plenty of time to inspect all items but once the auction starts you will not be able to play or touch the games as the auctioneer is selling those particular items. This is not saying you cannot play the games once the auction starts. Just that you cannot play the games in the area that the auctioneer is selling at that moment.
    5) Because of distancing requirements the sale will look much different from what everyone is accustomed to. Items will be placed in spaced rows based more on the order it arrives than by its subcategory. This is simply because of the many unknowns such as number of items, number of kinds of items, space the subcategories would encompass when spread out, etc. That said, the pinball machines will be where we wrap up the auction.
    6) We are asking that everyone help us by being mindful of the other customers and providing them with the space needed to keep everyone comfortable and safe. If we do not comply, the chances of not being able to conduct future auctions will be greatly impacted.

I would make the trip only to discover after 10 hours of driving I developed a 100.5 fever

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

can you post some pictures from friday night / Saturday. i am curious to see what the changes look like.

My plans have changed and I likely won't be able to attend this one. I'm hoping to next month however.

I will say previous AGS management have literally freaked out over people taking and posting pictures of their auctions. I don't know if the current management feels the same way but I remember a guy getting called out and asked to leave for doing it. Again, this was a long time ago when people didn't routinely take pictures of everything and anything...

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from viper001:

My plans have changed and I likely won't be able to attend this one. I'm hoping to next month however.
    I will say previous AGS management have literally freaked out over people taking and posting pictures of their auctions. I don't know if the current management feels the same way but I remember a guy getting called out and asked to leave for doing it. Again, this was a long time ago when people didn't routinely take pictures of everything and anything...

why the heck would they care? Seems it would drive more business.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

why the heck would they care? Seems it would drive more business

As an auction house don't they post ads that already show at least a sample of items to be sold? I say that cause I get ads in the mail all the time from the local auctions I have attended in the past.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

why the heck would they care? Seems it would drive more business.

I don't know, I could see it backfiring from their perspective as well. If you put out pictures of an incomplete inventory of what showed up it might cause folks that would have come from changing their mind, which could possibly drive down prices??

If I remember the explanation given at the time they didn't want picture taken because the equipment was owned by 3rd parties that might not want it published, or something like that. In any case I mentioned that was previous management, there is a whole different group that owns this company now and they may welcome folks taking pictures. Who knows??

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

As an auction house don't they post ads that already show at least a sample of items to be sold? I say that cause I get ads in the mail all the time from the local auctions I have attended in the past.

They dont post what's going to be in the auction because they don't know. Games start showing up friday thru 10 am Saturday. Unless it's a pre arranged sale, like a big operator or FEC selling everything at there location, they dont know what's coming till it comes thru the door

#13 3 years ago

So did anyone go? How was it??

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from viper001:

So did anyone go? How was it??

I watched a video. I was only interested in the pins. Only a few modern ones. Doing this from memory so I maybe off slightly.
    Congo 4150
    Sm 4600
    De wwf 3000
    Munsters 5000
    X men pro 4600
    Rescue 911 1700

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

I watched a video. I was only interested in the pins. Only a few modern ones. Doing this from memory so I maybe off slightly.
    Congo 4150
    Sm 4600
    De wwf 3000
    Munsters 5000
    X men pro 4600
    Rescue 911 1700

Thanks for posting! Looks like a lot of ops are dumping their crane games, rows and rows of that kind of stuff. Hopefully more pins at the next one.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

Congo 4150
    Sm 4600
    De wwf 3000
    Munsters 5000
    X men pro 4600
    Rescue 911 1700

DOesn't seem like anything close to a decent deal, especially when you add 20 percent in tax/fees (unless you did that for us).

#17 3 years ago

Also 2 EMs:

$775 WMS Jolly Roger “working”
    $300 GTB North Star, head & front painted white (they did not play it)

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

DOesn't seem like anything close to a decent deal, especially when you add 20 percent in tax/fees (unless you did that for us).

The old 20% add on. If you are in the coin OP business and have a tax id number, you pay hammer prices. If not, then there is a buyers premium and they will collect sales tax.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also, at those prices I would have taken everything down and sold it all. As a seller the fees are very reasonable.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/auction-game-sales-this-saturday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.