20%
  • Other 2 votes
    2%

(102 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GeniePinballFlyer.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I'd like to hear what people prefer. Being a new pin owner, I can see keeping it off unless I'm having a party.

#2 12 years ago

I will have to keep mine off. My roommate hates pinballs (I know, I know) and he would freak if the attract mode was on. Funny thing is, he is out of town right now. I bought a machine and it didn't fit in my room so now it is in "common area". Things will get interesting on Sunday.

#3 12 years ago

Love hearing them

#4 12 years ago

It would be nice to leave them on at a set volume and don't have them to loud.

#5 12 years ago

I love hearing them. Makes me think I'm back in the arcade - sad but true!

#6 12 years ago

I generally leave it on, but I had to turn it off for my Stargate. That thing would play its attract sound probably once every two minutes. It was really annoying. JP and AFM play the sound occasionally, maybe every 15 minutes. I can deal with that.

#7 12 years ago

I leave them on, I only have my machine's on when I am playing them, so it doesn't really make a difference..

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I leave them on, I only have my machine's on when I am playing them, so it doesn't really make a difference..

+1

#9 12 years ago

I leave them on as well. I just like hearing them......

#10 12 years ago

I have all of mine off.

#11 12 years ago

I have mine on, I enjoy them!

#12 12 years ago

Love the lights, but have turned off the attract mode sound ever since I was on a speaker-phone conference call with a client when everyone on the call hears The BLACK KNIGHT WILL SLAY YOU

#13 12 years ago

LOL, exactly. I leave some on if they are very short, like the cow moo on CV, that always makes people say what the hell, where did that moo come from. Most of the time I turn them all on for the first day and if they are too disruptive, I shut them off. So it depends on the machine. Attract music is way too much usually.

#14 12 years ago

I turn attract mode off under the theory that a machine not being played should be silent so its sound doesn't interfere with the sounds from machines that are being played.

#15 12 years ago

We leave them on if the pins are on because it gives the hubby flash backs of being in an arcade. Whatever floats his boat I guess and I don't mind, I'm usually laughing at the phrases that come out of no where when you least expect it.

#16 12 years ago

I always have just left mine on. Kinda like the idea it's calling to me all the time!!!

#17 12 years ago

most of the time the only pin that's on is the one I'm playing. I do turn off the attract mode though and only turn them on occasionally for a party.

#18 12 years ago

I have mine on, some of the attract quotes get on my nerves on occasion.

What the best and worst attract mode out there??

I find the attract mode display on the Flintstones a poor effort compared to other games.

#19 12 years ago

I turn them off because the pin room is also my TV room. I also don't leave a game on if I am not playing it unless during a party.

#20 12 years ago

I think you should turn them off.ie. attract mode musis only. Leave the attract mode sound on.That way the only sound you will hear is when you press flipper or start buttuns.Also if you add LEDs turn off the GI dimming option off so your LEDs will not flicker all the time.

#21 12 years ago

Some are really annoying after awhile like T2.

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from Loupie:

Some are really annoying after awhile like T2.

+1

#23 12 years ago

Seems like a waste of electricity and more wear on the game to leave them turned on when not playing. I don't even know what mine are set to.

#24 12 years ago

Up until recently I had a Bally Mr & Mrs Pacman, and until I managed to turn off the attract sounds it used to drive me to distraction. Every couple of minutes it would come out with Wakka, Wakka, Wakka, Wakka, Wakka - "Pac Man". That woman's voice at the end really used to grate on me...

It's always amusing when someone unused to pins comes around, and then presses or brushes against a flipper button when the pins are turned on.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Same Here !! Attract mode Sound's and Music are Enabled on my Pin's.. I like hearing the Attract sound on TZ , BSD you will hear the Lightning & Thunder and a Few more Quotes. IJ (W) that i got yesterday, I had the Pin on while i was up-load-n my Trip story last-nite , Music would play . and I agree with Loupie , T2 attract will annoy you very Quickly. The BR attract is Very Cool , about 1 time every 30 min- to 1 hr ,, Black Rose would say " Dam i forgot " LOL !! But it's Cool !!

.But , My Pin's are usually OFF unless i want to Play..

5 years later
#26 7 years ago

Does anyone know if the newer Sterns have any sound programmed for attract mode? My Avatar is quiet as a mouse.

#27 7 years ago

Wake the Dead thread!

I leave mine on.

And to answer the necromancer's question, I think new Sterns only have flipper button attract sounds.

#28 7 years ago

On Mine the flipper moves the stats on the screen but no sounds whatsoever.

#29 7 years ago

Off. I know my pins are there, they don't need to remind me.

#30 7 years ago

Attract mode sounds OFF. I can't imagine the racket from all of them yapping all the time. Only two I have can't be turned off, T2 and Zac Time Machine. I do like the flipper sounds though.

Another attract mode oddity is Centaur. There is an attract mode setting to kick the 5 balls from the trough and sub trough onto the playfield and back to the trough every 5 minutes. Talk about noisy and undue wear at the top of the playfield from this.

#31 7 years ago

On.... expecially Road kings and f14.. cracks me up

#32 7 years ago

I have mine off. Even at a party if we're not playing pinball we're probably doing something else or just talking. I'd rather not have to talk over machines if I don't have too. I'd prefer music for general background noise. I can see the point of recreating an arcade feel. Personally, I'd eventually love to switch to tokens.

#33 7 years ago

I keep mine on, I am trying to recreate the arcade experience in my basement.

#34 7 years ago

If you have a party with little kids, you really don't need to bother with attract sounds...

You'll just be hearing the intro music while the games are all set to 4 players with a ball sitting in the shooter lane, waiting to be plunged.

No kids will be anywhere near the games.

#35 7 years ago

Off. When not in use machines should be seen and not heard.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Off. When not in use machines should be seen and not heard.

ON. When not in use machines should be seen AND heard

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I'd like to hear what people prefer. Being a new pin owner, I can see keeping it off unless I'm having a party.

If a one pin collection, then on. If mulitiple pin collection, then off due to the collective mess of noise

#38 7 years ago

All on. Wish you didn't have to hit the flipper button on taxi to get it to start again. Love walking in the game room with them all playing.

6 years later
#39 1 year ago

On! The sounds and lights are like a hot woman who uses innuendos and then gives you the looks, screaming “come play with me”... and who wouldn't want to join in on the fun?

GeniePinballFlyer.jpgGeniePinballFlyer.jpg
#40 1 year ago

The only game of mine that gets the privilege of having its attract sounds turned on is TX-Sector.

TX…TX…TX…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attract-modes-on-or-off and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.