(Topic ID: 275011)

Attract mode issue bk2k

By ChiPinMovers

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I have a bk2k that the attract mode is on but not working.
    Any advise would help.
    Thank you guys in advance.

#2 3 years ago

Do you mean it won't start a game? If it's not set for free play, make sure it has credits or it won't start.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from ChiPinMovers:

the attract mode is on but not working.

How do you know the attract mode is on if it is not working? Do you mean attract sounds are not on? Attract mode is just a series of insert lamps that flash in different light shows to attract attention of a potential player once the game has booted and is ready to be played. The attract sounds can be turned on/off separately.

Attract sounds on most all games are default off if the batteries die or you replace them when the game off or if you install NVRAM. It can be turned back on in the adjustment menu.

1 week later
    #4 3 years ago

To clarify the sounds are not working. To be honest I did not pay attention to see if the attract mode flashers are flashing. If I recall i went into settings and made sure attract mode is on. My apologies if im missing info or Is it possible the menu has an option for attract mode and attract sounds and maybe I have the sound off?

#5 3 years ago

The attract mode is only the insert lamps that are always cycling different patterns and are always on as long as the game boots and is not being played. This is to attract people to play the game.

No flashers are on during attract mode to conserve power.

Attract mode sounds are default off if the batteries die, change batteries while game is off, or install NVRAM.

Turning on/off the attract sounds is the only adjustment that is available in the adjustment menu.

#6 3 years ago

Ok so I have verified the attract sounds are on. Batteries are new. Holds free play setting. Sound works fine during gameplay just no attract sounds..
    My fire pin (next to bk2k) attract sounds work as they should. I can turn them on and off in menu.
    Anything else I can do to trouble shoot?

#7 3 years ago

What version is the game and sound ROMs? I would press on all the socketed parts on the MPU and sound boards.

#8 3 years ago

Setting 48, attract mode sounds, needs to be on for it work.
    My bk2k will only play attract music/voice after a game has just been finished. It goes thru 5 attract modes w/sound, then reverts back to just the light show. No attract sounds played when powered up, or any other time. By design I assumed?
    See if you have sounds after you finish a game.

#9 3 years ago

Pin zig thank you! I will check it out.

#10 3 years ago

Not suRe on the version. I did push on the roms! Thx

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attract-mode-issue-bk2k?hl=chipinmovers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.