Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JY64
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you like to see Stern make a Bttf pin?”

• Yes 121 votes
      37%
    • No 133 votes
      41%
    • TAKE MY MONEY!! 60 votes
      18%
    • I'm just here to trash Stern games 14 votes
      4%

(Multiple choice - 328 votes by 302 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 9.17.20 AM (resized).png
    P-0R5-QAQ-AC0 (resized).jpg
    haha-nelson (resized).jpeg
    20190606_134832 (resized).jpg
    mceleney-2 (resized).jpg
    There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

I've been on a lot of threads and spoken to many others who would love to see a Back to the Future pin get made.
    I thought I would start this thread to see just how many of us there are out there and to discuss any interesting ideas you may have had about the possibilities of this game. I decided to make this a Stern thread because I can actually afford their games and they put out enough titles annually that it wouldnt be a decade away. If there really is enough BTTF love maybe someone in power will take note eventually. I would jump on a good BTTF game.

#2 4 years ago

I would be in i love the theme just needs to be a good playing machine as well.

#3 4 years ago

"I'm just here to trash Stern games" ... that made me LOL. I had to catch up last night in the other 'Next Stern Pin' post ... one dude is off the charts wacky on Stern. Anyway, 100% agree on a well-designed BTTF!

#4 4 years ago

I’d be pretty interested. Really great theme, lots of ideas there.

#5 4 years ago

Only if Lyman is on the code. Would rather have JJP make it. Either way I think a new BTTF pin would sell far better then Munsters, Elvira 3, and Jaws.

#6 4 years ago

BTTF is definitely a take my money pin for me.
    I'm over here still hoping that Beetlejuice isn't dead forever

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Would rather have JJP make it.

Why? JJP would kill the speed and flow and it would become a loaded mess.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

You mean two standard / orbits and little else on the playfield? That's your speed and flow from Stern. Flow is overrated at today's NIB prices in my opinion. Then if it isn't from Lyman expect basic rules based only off the first movie. Only JJP would load up the game up and do the theme justice.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I guess a fan layout would be better?

#10 4 years ago

Would any one of you love to see stern stop doing irrelevant themes?

#11 4 years ago

I used my time machine to create a skewed timeline to jump into an alternate universe where Stern already created a bttf machine and it's great!
    mceleney-2 (resized).jpgmceleney-2 (resized).jpg

speaking of which, anyone see the new movie documenting john delorean's life?

#12 4 years ago

Great theme. I would never instant buy anything based on theme, but I'd like to see the theme revisited by someone. I enjoy games by all of the major manufacturers.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You mean two standard / orbits and little else on the playfield? That's your speed and flow from Stern. Flow is overrated at today's NIB prices in my opinion. Then if it isn't from Lyman expect basic rules based only off the first movie. Only JJP would load up the game up and do the theme justice.

Yes I do. Its called a fan layout for a reason, people are fans of it. I know u are on ur knees in front of Jack but that doesn't mean I have to be or everything they make is great, so far with the exception of DI which is fun to shoot with a shit theme the games are stop and go loaded trash. Put that in ur pipe and suckle. Oh yeah.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

I guess a fan layout would be better?

Yep.

#14 4 years ago

To be fair to Stern. Maiden and Deadpool (and Beatles technically) both came out last year and neither have a fan layout. Also, fan layouts can still be great as long as there are some interesting innovations going on and a solid rule set. Most of the top rated pins are fans.
    I just dont want it to have an upper or lower playfield. Not something I usually enjoy.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I just dont want it to have an upper or lower playfield. Not something I usually enjoy.

I'm with ya.

#16 4 years ago

Just for the people who say nobody under 30 knows bttf. Here is my 5 yr old son's current favorite book.

20190606_134832 (resized).jpg20190606_134832 (resized).jpg
    #17 4 years ago

I would rather see a Spaceballs ,Blues Brothers, or Jonny Quest pin. BTTF might come in a strong 4th place behind those.

#18 4 years ago

I’d buy one.

#19 4 years ago

Yes easily would sell one of my current pins for room to get a BTTF, LE please, topper better be good.

#20 4 years ago

Stern already surely knows plenty of Pinsiders want this game.

So does deep root.

So does JJP.

So does everybody.

Another desperate poll ain't gonna tip the scales I'm afraid.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So does deep root.
    So does JJP.
    So does everybody.

haha-nelson (resized).jpeghaha-nelson (resized).jpeg
    #22 4 years ago

I voted yes ONLY because there was no option for "Please SOMEONE make it but not Stern."

Assuming licensing can be clean, i.e. all video and audio secured, music secured, DeLorean imagery secured, etc - this would be so much better executed in the hands of JJP. I like Stern a lot but they just do not have the business model in place to do justice to such a treasured franchise....anyone who disagrees can take a look at Star Wars for evidence of that.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I've been on a lot of threads and spoken to many others who would love to see a Back to the Future pin get made.

Many people like to see a new one made, but not by Stern. Certainly would be nice to see that option in the poll.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Yes I do. Its called a fan layout for a reason, people are fans of it. I know u are on ur knees in front of Jack but that doesn't mean I have to be or everything they make is great, so far with the exception of DI which is fun to shoot with a shit theme the games are stop and go loaded trash. Put that in ur pipe and suckle. Oh yeah.

Yep.

Now you've gone full troll mode lol. Not surprised. Have fun with your two standard ramps, two orbits and bash toy for $6k - $9k!

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Now you've gone full troll mode lol. Not surprised. Have fun with your two standard ramps, two orbits and bash toy for $6k - $9k!

Now if thats not the Troll calling the Kettle Black. Come on u don't come into a thread unless its to lick Jacks balls and kick Gary right in them. The comments are rife with douchebaggery here I'm afraid. "I hope its made but not by Stern" the stupid side of pinside is strong with this thread. I like the theme and hope its gets made for everyone else whos a fan but time to leave.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Now if thats not the Troll calling the Kettle Black. Come on u don't come into a thread unless its to lick Jacks balls and kick Gary right in them. The comments are rife with douchebaggery here I'm afraid. "I hope its made but not by Stern" the stupid side of pinside is strong with this thread. I like the theme and hope its gets made for everyone else whos a fan but time to leave.

I've been critical of JJP many times. Big difference is JJP delivered, actually over delivered, on Hobbit code in a reasonable amount of time while Ghostbusters owners continue to wait nearly 2 1/2 years for code to be completed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-jjp-quality-control-inconsistent-

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-hate-to-say-it-but-wheres-the-code-jjp-thehobbit/page/2

#28 4 years ago

I keep hearing about this deeproot..what is that? Is that a pinball company? What do they make??

#29 4 years ago

A Back to the Future pin was already done by Data East in 1990. Why repeat and make a second pin. There are so many other themes/titles that could be make that have not been made yet.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So does deep root.
    So does JJP.
    So does everybody.

Still a nice place to chat about dreams and possibilities negative Nancy :p

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I voted yes ONLY because there was no option for "Please SOMEONE make it but not Stern."
    Assuming licensing can be clean, i.e. all video and audio secured, music secured, DeLorean imagery secured, etc - this would be so much better executed in the hands of JJP. I like Stern a lot but they just do not have the business model in place to do justice to such a treasured franchise....anyone who disagrees can take a look at Star Wars for evidence of that.

Or Batman '66 for the opposite arguement. I've explained why I chose to make this a Stern thread. Cleary you chose option 4.

#32 4 years ago

Star Trek, Star Wars, High Speed, Elvira, Black Knight...plenty of successful repeats. The Data East game sucks. This franchise deserves better.

#33 4 years ago

Gary has stated he has no interest in revisiting this theme. His answer is 'Been there done that ' .
    Time to move on he says .

Cheers

#34 4 years ago

I'd be in on a LE without question. I have the Data East BTTF pin and it leaves a lot to be desired, and I'd love for something to make up for that.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Gary has stated he has no interest in revisiting this theme. His answer is 'Been there done that ' .
    Time to move on he says .
    Cheers

Black Knight (and Elvira) cough cough

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Or spend 10k+ on a machine that requires monthly repairs? (I'm mostly teasing but cost is a very real factor to me)

#37 4 years ago

If I got to choose it would be made at Stern with Ritchie, Sheets, and Franchi.

I would be in no matter who made it though. Unless it’s a no name company that may or may not send me a game.

#38 4 years ago

If Stern wants another game that could sell on the level of Ghostbusters or Star Wars it's Back to the Future, if done properly meaning it needs to cover the entire trilogy. There's a ton of cool possibilities for an LE model.

Imagine an LE with armour made out of the same grade of stainless steel used in the Delorean with laser etching on the outside + interior side cabinet lighting (like Star Trek LE) to create a time circuits / travel effect? Yeah, that would be amazing and would sell out very fast.

Well, then imagine the code taking nearly 3 years to be completed...Hmmmm lol.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

If I got to choose it would be made at Stern with Ritchie, Sheets, and Franchi.
    I would be in no matter who made it though. Unless it’s a no name company that may or may not send me a game.

For me
    Borg/Elwin/Eddy
    Sheats (obviosly)
    Zombie Yeti/Franchi

A Brian Eddy, Lyman F. Sheats, Chris Franchi BTTF would be just about the best thing ever.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Black Knight (and Elvira) cough cough

Gary never *cough cough* made those machines.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Gary never *cough cough* made those machines.

Gary didnt make bttf either so what's your cough cough point? My point was he clearly has no problem revisiting themes as a company.

#42 4 years ago

BTTF by Stern?

meh

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Gary didnt make bttf either so what's your cough cough point?

Ummm....riiight
    If only there was a picture of it all....

#44 4 years ago

You forgot the "I'm just here for the insulting homosexual accusations" option.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I used my time machine to create a skewed timeline to jump into an alternate universe where Stern already created a bttf machine and it's great!

Is Ghostbusters code completed in that alternate timeline?

#46 4 years ago

Licensing for Pinball is lame. Company X getting great license Y doesn’t mean much anymore. The license contract needs to include all the assets and the company needs to implement/execute them in the pin successfully. Lots more variables to worry about, especially with an LCD.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from IonRay:

Is Ghostbusters code completed in that alternate timeline?

No, in every timeline Dwight says "good enough"

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Lol. Dr. Strange said he jumped forward in time to view 14 million alternate futures. Only in 1 did Ghostbusters receive its update.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

No code have fixed that game; a total throw-away design.

#50 4 years ago

They also made 3 Star Wars games so yeah lets try BTTF again and get it done right. Please.

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attn-stern-bttf-poll?hl=mr9865 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.