(Topic ID: 112057)

ATTN: SELLERS --- please use packing caution when shipping USPS Priority Mail!

By Blitzburgh99

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blitzburgh99.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I have ordered two items for pinball in the past few weeks. Both came to me damaged and unrepairable (translite in a triangle USPS Priority Mail tube and flyers (rare!) in rectangular USPS Priority Mail box).

USPS just doesnt have their act together….and when shipping rare parts in very limited remaining supplies, please use boxes that are studier than the free USPS Priority Mail containers. It helps preserve the community.

#46 9 years ago

USPS in my area is not very good. I get other people's mail in my mailbox at least once a week. I wonder how many people get my mail. Magazine arrive all chewed up. My wife had a magazine this week packed in a large envelope with a stamp apologizing for damage. At first I figured my local people messed up my two pinball shipments.

Then, I noticed on the triangular Priority Box that was smashed, it has a sticker on it saying that it was damaged at the Memphis Sort Facility. So, the issues are more widespread than just local.

I agree with other posters that:
    1) the person needs to do the best possible job to protect items, and protect them according to their fragility, and
    2) the free Priority boxes available at the post office are flimsy as all get out. Just because USPS provides free boxes and are usually more economical on shipping rates, its not worth ruining hard to find and rare items. Who cares if its insured for $50 if it took a guy a year to find the part?

Just wanting others to be aware of my losses so they can be proactive and make sure things wouldnt happen to them. If shipping UPS or FedEX is more, but has higher chance of arriving in tact, I would be willing to pay a few extra bucks for that.

#49 9 years ago

***a note on USPS conveniences noted by posts above, i.e. they deliver daily...click n ship....free boxes, etc

It is much more inconvenient to take photos of damage, emails back and forth with original seller, file claim with USPS, wait for replacements to arrive, wait for refunds or insurance payments, and other hassles to correct the situation.

To quote a famous Seinfeld episode..."Serenity now...Insanity later!!!" HAHA!!

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

OP ... sorry; but Are you willing to PAY for shipping other means?USPS is reasonably price ... most everyone wants the item as cheap as possible and shipped for free. USPS is the best possible cost effective shipper.

after the past two week....HELL YES!

#52 9 years ago

maybe I should have titled the orginial post:

"ATTN SELLERS .... Caution when packing USPS Priority Mail"

**not wanting this to be a USPS bash thread..I use them, too, on an occassion when its appropriate.

Moderators, can you cahnge the title for me?

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You can. Go to your post and hit the edit button. Your post you can edit. Your topic you can edit title.
    LTG : )™

That was easier than I thought....thank you for the directions....title now adjusted to better explain my experiences recently.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blitzburgh99.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attn-sellers-please-stop-using-usps-priority-mail?tu=blitzburgh99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.