(Topic ID: 112057)

ATTN: SELLERS --- please use packing caution when shipping USPS Priority Mail!

By Blitzburgh99

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago

Sorry I'm not going to stop using Flat rate boxes - we've only had 2 boxes actually damaged by the post office out of the 1000's we have sent out over the year

If you pack the item right in their flat rate boxes... they dont get damaged

I could mail a block of lead in a flat rate box and its still only about $5.00

If I go to Fedex or UPS I have to buy my own boxes... guess who is paying for that?

Fedex/UPS doesnt have a flat rate that would accommodate the stuff I send out.. I'd also need a scale.. so the customer in the end pays more for shipping..

#52 9 years ago

maybe I should have titled the orginial post:

"ATTN SELLERS .... Caution when packing USPS Priority Mail"

**not wanting this to be a USPS bash thread..I use them, too, on an occassion when its appropriate.

Moderators, can you cahnge the title for me?

#53 9 years ago

Love usps priority mail and have sent and received hundreds of packages and have never had a problem ,sorry you did

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

You can. Go to your post and hit the edit button. Your post you can edit. Your topic you can edit title.

LTG : )™

#55 9 years ago

Buying from Canada, I would rather use USPS than any other option. Never had a bad experience.

From my experience, UPS is to be avoided like the plague. It's just one fee after another.

#56 9 years ago

Postal service has always been a good value for me. In my world UPS and Fed Ex have delivered more damage. But most of the problems have really been the result of a cheap seller who despite charging a lot for shipping (mostly ebay) try make more money by not packing the item properly. Take a look at the way all the packages are handled both mechanically and by humans. Got to pack with that in mind.....and buy insurance.

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You can. Go to your post and hit the edit button. Your post you can edit. Your topic you can edit title.
    LTG : )™

That was easier than I thought....thank you for the directions....title now adjusted to better explain my experiences recently.

#58 9 years ago

Pack items appropriately, and you'll have a good experience with most shippers almost every time.

Throw parts in a box, not packed well, and you'll get lucky a good percentage of the time, but shouldn't be surprised the times you don't get lucky.

Yes, things get damaged from time to time, no matter how well they are packed. That falls into the sh*t happens category. Packages get stolen. People make mistakes. Trucks and planes crash or burn. Insure packages of significant value or where the item is difficult to replace.

I can count the major USPS problems I've had in more than 10 years of selling on eBay and other places on one hand.

Plenty of small inconveniences along the way. Plenty of e-mails from customers asking 'where's my order', when the tracking # could've told them without asking me.

I had a problem last week, contacted the postmaster in the destination city, and the postmaster straightened it right out.

Yeah, packages have gone the wrong direction a few times. I have had packages marked no such address, and when I re-shipped to the same address, they got there the 2nd time, no problem.

I've had packages that I shipped from Indiana to Ohio get scanned in Oklahoma, and take 3 weeks to arrive when it should've been 3 days.

But, I'd postulate 99.44% of the transactions went well, as planned, and everybody was happy.

If you find a particular carrier doesn't provide good service in your area, ask people shipping you to use another shipper. That's no different from not going back to the barber who does a crappy job cutting your hair.

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

maybe I should have titled the orginial post:
    "ATTN SELLERS .... Caution when packing USPS Priority Mail"
    **not wanting this to be a USPS bash thread..I use them, too, on an occassion when its appropriate.

Priority is their better service and for us has been perfect. 0 damaged packages or product from shipping ever. 0 lost packages ever. 2 super major delays, but both were international.

My vote is all for packaging properly and it'll be perfectly safe

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisHibler:

...and packing things shipper proof is getting harder and harder as the shippers are turning up the gain on their ability to break things. Sad situation.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

Remember when we sent Hyperball boards back and forth? That's how things should be shipped

Chris

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attn-sellers-please-stop-using-usps-priority-mail/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.