(Topic ID: 203961)

Attn: Pinsound Owners... Need Help!

By Gnatty

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I recently installed a Pinsound board in my Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure. I downloaded the IJ Reorchestration that I obtained from the creator. Works great. I also installed the Original sound package on the USB stick and I cannot for the life of me get it to switch over to the other sound track during gameplay using the Volume to 0, then up and down two 0's like instructions say. I have tried numerous USB sticks, I even tried a different sound package from the Pinsound Forum page (Re-mastered version) and it never allows me to switch sound packages. I get the preview sound but then silence, blank, nada, nothing. Has anyone had similar issues? If so, what am I doing wrong?

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

I recently installed a Pinsound board in my Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure. I downloaded the IJ Reorchestration that I obtained from the creator. Works great. I also installed the Original sound package on the USB stick and I cannot for the life of me get it to switch over to the other sound track during gameplay using the Volume to 0, then up and down two 0's like instructions say. I have tried numerous USB sticks, I even tried a different sound package from the Pinsound Forum page (Re-mastered version) and it never allows me to switch sound packages. I get the preview sound but then silence, blank, nada, nothing. Has anyone had similar issues? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Get the volume to 0 (I assume you have the minimum vol override set), then hit Down again; that should trigger a quick sound (different for every game I think) and a snippet of the new mix. A lot of mixes share certain sounds so make sure you turn the volume back up and load up a game to check. I have 4 mixes on my TZ and 3 of them have basically the same music so it can seem like it didn’t work.

If you are sure it’s not working, then you may need to look at the folder structure on your USB; you should have a folder for each mix with the music/six/voice/ etc folders inside

#3 6 years ago

I thought I tried that already, along with other combinations like that and I got no sound at all (even with volume turned back up). I'll give it another try tonight. I even tried downloading numerous other USB's with multiple sound packages and I've never gotten the other to play in the game.

Hopefully it's me not doing the procedure correctly, thanks for your response.

#4 6 years ago

Also, make sure your PinSound board is updated with the latest firmware:
https://www.pinsound.org/pinsound-board-firmware/

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSound:

Also, make sure your PinSound board is updated with the latest firmware:
https://www.pinsound.org/pinsound-board-firmware/

Thank you! I'll try the update, but I did get two sound versions to work after numerous download attempts last night and I now can switch back and forth. For the update, will I have to reload the sound packages again or just re insert the USB that contains them?

#6 6 years ago

Are you using the Headphone mod??Speakers may be turned off??

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

I thought I tried that already, along with other combinations like that and I got no sound at all (even with volume turned back up). I'll give it another try tonight. I even tried downloading numerous other USB's with multiple sound packages and I've never gotten the other to play in the game.
Hopefully it's me not doing the procedure correctly, thanks for your response.

Edit: never mind that.

If your other sound mix is working then you either have a bad folder setup, or the files are somehow corrupt. Are they all .wav files inside the folders?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 85.00
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attn-pinsound-owners-need-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.