(Topic ID: 19306)

ATTN Phx Az pinheads. new pinside meet up forming on east side.

By Jdawg4422

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Stu
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010323.JPG
    There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Hi guys I have decided to try and make a pinball players meeting on the east side of phoenix az every two weeks.

First one im trying to get going not this weekend but next. July 13-15.

Things will be determined by the pinsiders who come.
    So far we have 4 confirmed hosts for the event: jdawg4422, grh450, squeakman, and copperpot maybe another when i get a confirmation from him.

And i know that donnyman was interested as well as jeffinphx.

These are just the people that i have personally met from my pinball adventures im hopeful that there will be more interested as time goes on. If you are interested please pm me or reply to this topic.

Also if you are interested in hosting please pm me or reply to the topic as well.

If you are not on the east side you are still welcome to come, but as of now i would like to try and keep the hosts on the east side.

So let me know what you guys think.

#2 11 years ago

let's do it...(but I may have 1 less machine)

#3 11 years ago

Ok Glen, I don't know you yet, but what do you have up your sleeve? I see your Tron for sale!!!

#4 11 years ago

hey, i wanna be part of this but i'm tied up that weekend. I'll host up at my place any time you all want. You know the way up by now. Getting in a couple more decent pins. Keep me appraised.

#5 11 years ago

Doc... would love if you could make it down sometime.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

Ok Glen, I don't know you yet, but what do you have up your sleeve? I see your Tron for sale!!!

yes,just posted up the TRON for sale..hope to check out your BSD soon

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

Doc... would love if you could make it down sometime.

yeah

#8 11 years ago

I'll make it down there for one of them. I'm out of the state a lot. How bout you zonies come up when I get in Wolv x-man? Or Predator? And I might be getting in one or two others pretty soon. Why are you selling Tron? I just got my suped up Tron and love it (though not as much as ACDC)

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

I'll make it down there for one of them. I'm out of the state a lot. How bout you zonies come up when I get in Wolv x-man? Or Predator? And I might be getting in one or two others pretty soon. Why are you selling Tron? I just got my suped up Tron and love it (though not as much as ACDC)

it's Angus' fault

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

I get in Wolv x-man? Or Predator?

im def down when you get predator in. For some reason that is the new game im looking forward to the most.

Glenn what are you thinking about replacing tron with? Also was wondering if you would like to host the first week? maybe you will still have tron then? And im not going to lie im jonesing to play some ac/dc.

Also what do you guys think about the day? should it always be fri night, sat day/night, or sun day? Or should we have it so that the hosts picks that week?

#11 11 years ago

Hosts should probably pick, but Thurs/Fri are the best for me.

#12 11 years ago

Sounds like fun, ill let you know. I just need to check my schedule at work. Everyone wants a vacation in July

#13 11 years ago

I'd be interested in attending these...I would have to drive a little over 200 miles each way, so Saturday and Sunday work best here if we are taking a poll.

I would obviously not make it EVERY weekend either.

#14 11 years ago

Sweet.... keep me in the loop!

#15 11 years ago

got a couple leads on the TRON
    I could host the first week (looks like Wes needs it to be Friday night)
    Maybe we could change up the days,to fit with whoever is hosting?
    Dawg,you,or any one of you guys,can come over any time

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from johnnycruzr:

I'd be interested in attending these...I would have to drive a little over 200 miles each way, so Saturday and Sunday work best here if we are taking a poll.
    I would obviously not make it EVERY weekend either.

cool

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from grh450:

I could host the first week (looks like Wes needs it to be Friday night)
    Maybe we could change up the days,to fit with whoever is hosting?
    Dawg,you,or any one of you guys,can come over any time

Quoted from copperpot:

Hosts should probably pick, but Thurs/Fri are the best for me.

Ok thats what i was thinking as well. We will let hosts pick what day is best for them since they might have to get an ok from the rest of the household.

Glenn lets go ahead and plan on you for the first meet. So i guess that means you get to pick the time.

I think we should have atleast 2-3 hours set aside for this on the day of. If people want to stay longer they can as long as its ok with the host. This sound good to most people?

#18 11 years ago

FRIDAY the 13th...(ooooooooh)
    7:00 PM
    4466 S Alamos Way,Gold Canyon
    who's in???

#19 11 years ago

Gold Canyon? Thats a longgggggg way out... may have to carpool. 8-)

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

Gold Canyon? Thats a longgggggg way out... may have to carpool.

we can meet up and car pool if you want to. AC/DC is worth it if you have not played yet.

#21 11 years ago

I go to Chandler for some of my customers. 30 mins,tops

#22 11 years ago

Weekends are best for me. I'm in the NW valley, but I'd try to make it out to the East side when possible.

#23 11 years ago

great to see us zonies getting together. X-men will be in soon, JJ say, so we'll do one at my house if some of you are interested in the trek up here.

#24 11 years ago

Just visiting your fine state for work this week, and a new forum guy. But saying that, having just visited Glen at his house last night to look at his Tron table.. and seeing his great set up... I'm tempted to come back down just to play! Thanks againn Glen, I'm pretty green with envy that you guys have such a collection of players in such close proximity!

Don

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

great to see us zonies getting together. X-men will be in soon, JJ say, so we'll do one at my house if some of you are interested in the trek up here.

you getting wolverine as well? I think copperpot and donnyman are also getting xmen wolverine.

Is there any timeline on predator yet?

And to those that cant make this one for whatever reason, the plan is to have them every two weeks or so. So there will be plenty to come to in the future.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Don1:

Just visiting your fine state for work this week, and a new forum guy. But saying that, having just visited Glen at his house last night to look at his Tron table.. and seeing his great set up... I'm tempted to come back down just to play! Thanks againn Glen, I'm pretty green with envy that you guys have such a collection of players in such close proximity!
    Don

you made it!
    thanks for the kind words

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

WORTH the trip!!!

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jdawg4422:

you getting wolverine as well? I think copperpot and donnyman are also getting xmen wolverine.
    Is there any timeline on Predator yet?
    And to those that cant make this one for whatever reason, the plan is to have them every two weeks or so. So there will be plenty to come to in the future.

Yes, wolverine. Predator, they told me early fall. BTW the european Nemo may come about the same time.

#29 11 years ago

Yep, Hopefully XMLE comes soon. Small world, the same guys that took my TOTAN to get delivered to Illinois, delivered a pin too docscott. They said they had to hand carry it because of his bumpy dirt road coming in. They didnt remember which one though. Yeah I can make it to your pinball get together. Im off that sat and sun. PM me the info. Sounds fun.

#30 11 years ago

I am interested in playing as well. I was at C & C last Sunday for the SC/DC tournament.

1 week later
    #31 11 years ago

Ok so the week is here and the meetup is this friday. For all of those who were interested in coming please pm me your email address, so i can send out a mass mail message every meet. If you would rather me text your phone it can be done as an email ex. 6025889665 on tmobile would be [email protected]

it is different for different carriers.
    In a couple days i will send out the address via email/txt.

Looks like the lineup this week will be ac/dc, addams family, getaway, and comet. I believe the tron is now gone?

#32 11 years ago

yeah TRON is GONE
    I will be going to Cali tomorrow,and will bring something back(prolly just a regular pin)

#33 11 years ago

Bsd is coming to Glenns house.?

#34 11 years ago

I will have to watch this one. I can't really get away much, but if things ever worked out, I'd love to visit some in-state members.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

he SOLD it!
    I am really scrambling now....

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from grh450:

Squeakman said:

he SOLD it!
    I am really scrambling now....

I think I can save you guys a whole lot of time and trouble. Glenn meet Chad. Chad meet Glenn. It sounds like you want a BSD, Glenn. Chad has one that he has been pimping on RGP and in here for weeks. It's a local deal, and would save a ton of unnecessary posts on the forums. Sounds like a win-win to me.

#37 11 years ago

Any of you guys pick up a routed MM recently? It's still on location, but the op says that it's sold. I just found it recently and have all of 2 games on it, so thanks for stealing some thunder :p

#38 11 years ago

Mark if you are coming then you have to play with one hand to make it fair for the rest of us!

j/k would love to have you.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_APPL:

I think I can save you guys a whole lot of time and trouble. Glenn meet Chad. Chad meet Glenn. It sounds like you want a BSD, Glenn. Chad has one that he has been pimping on RGP and in here for weeks. It's a local deal, and would save a ton of unnecessary posts on the forums. Sounds like a win-win to me.

LOL...I know. Me and Chad have been PMing and stuff. He is mainly looking for a trade deal

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Any of you guys pick up a routed MM recently? It's still on location, but the op says that it's sold. I just found it recently and have all of 2 games on it, so thanks for stealing some thunder :p

not me (wish)

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jdawg4422:

Mark if you are coming then you have to play with one hand to make it fair for the rest of us!
    j/k would love to have you.

AND blindfolded

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

The vending company that owns it was selling off their entire inventory a few weeks ago, I talked to the guy, then 2 days later drove to Tucson to look at a couple machines I was interested in that he had given me the locations of.....he was supposed to meet me a 3pm to discuss the possible purchase of the machines I was interested in after looking at them, and he stood me up, never did return any of my calls. Then the next day his list of games dissapeared where he had them online.

I think someone probably offered him some huge amout for the whole lot, and he took it. He also had video games and pool/foosball tables.

All I can say to all you guys is look closley at any machine coming up for sale......these machines were ALL in fairly bad shape cosmetically, if one person bought them all, you can bet it was to re-sell them.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from johnnycruzr:

The vending company that owns it was selling off their entire inventory a few weeks ago, I talked to the guy, then 2 days later drove to Tucson to look at a couple machines I was interested in that he had given me the locations of.....he was supposed to meet me a 3pm to discuss the possible purchase of the machines I was interested in after looking at them, and he stood me up, never did return any of my calls. Then the next day his list of games dissapeared where he had them online.
    I think someone probably offered him some huge amout for the whole lot, and he took it. He also had video games and pool/foosball tables.
    All I can say to all you guys is look closley at any machine coming up for sale......these machines were ALL in fairly bad shape cosmetically, if one person bought them all, you can bet it was to re-sell them.

Some of the prices were great, some so-so. The MM was really low. I know where it is and it didn't look too bad but the GI looks to be all out, so I couldn't see too well. His BOP was pretty bad, but I think a buddy is going to pick it up anyway, but offer less than asking due to the condition. I talked to him shortly after he pulled the ad and info and he said that ~$35k worth of machines are headed up to PHX sight unseen. Mistake IMO, but whatever. I would be much more choosey before dropping that kind of cash, even to flip.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Some of the prices were great, some so-so. The MM was really low. I know where it is and it didn't look too bad but the GI looks to be all out, so I couldn't see too well. His BOP was pretty bad, but I think a buddy is going to pick it up anyway, but offer less than asking due to the condition. I talked to him shortly after he pulled the ad and info and he said that ~$35k worth of machines are headed up to PHX sight unseen. Mistake IMO, but whatever. I would be much more choosey before dropping that kind of cash, even to flip.

Yeah, I looked at the MM, BOP, AF, CV, CFTBL, and Hurricane. BOP and AF were the worst by far, in fact, the AF was not even worth $500.00....it was that bad.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from johnnycruzr:

Yeah, I looked at the MM, BOP, AF, CV, CFTBL, and Hurricane. BOP and AF were the worst by far, in fact, the AF was not even worth $500.00....it was that bad.

Wow, I'm going to check out TAF on Friday and go back and play BOP some more. I am first in line on his last TZ, should find out more in the next 3-4 weeks.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Wow, I'm going to check out TAF on Friday and go back and play BOP some more. I am first in line on his last TZ, should find out more in the next 3-4 weeks.

So are some of these still for sale?
    The guy just totally blew me off......didn't meet me as scheduled, and didn't return calls.
    I think you will agree on the TAF, almost worthless.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from johnnycruzr:

So are some of these still for sale?
    The guy just totally blew me off......didn't meet me as scheduled, and didn't return calls.
    I think you will agree on the TAF, almost worthless.

As far as I know they are. He said he pulled stuff down because he was completely swamped with calls and buyers. He was expecting a call a week, if that. Caught off guard and needed time to organize and then get back with people. I don't know what games are as good as gone, except for MM which I asked about.

I know that the BOP and HOOK are still available, and my friend is first on the list for those two.

There are 3-4 at Bedroxx bowling on the way NW side that he played and said were pretty fun. Outside of that, I don't remember where things were supposed to be.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

As far as I know they are. He said he pulled stuff down because he was completely swamped with calls and buyers. He was expecting a call a week, if that. Caught off guard and needed time to organize and then get back with people. I don't know what games are as good as gone, except for MM which I asked about.
    I know that the BOP and HOOK are still available, and my friend is first on the list for those two.
    There are 3-4 at Bedroxx bowling on the way NW side that he played and said were pretty fun. Outside of that, I don't remember where things were supposed to be.

Guess I'll try to call again. Would really like to have the Hurricane if it' still available, just not for what he was asking.....
    One of the first things I was going to ask him after looking at these was "when was the last time you have actually LOOKED at some of these and the condition they are in"?

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from johnnycruzr:

Guess I'll try to call again. Would really like to have the Hurricane if it' still available, just not for what he was asking.....
    One of the first things I was going to ask him after looking at these was "when was the last time you have actually LOOKED at some of these and the condition they are in"?

Probably a long time on some of them. BOP is really needing some TLC parts wise. The PF is filthy, but that is a savior at times according to some stories on here. There is one paint spot that is down to the wood, and it could use a clear coating for sure. All things to knock prices down.

#50 11 years ago

I need one more machine. Can you guys help me out down there?

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attn-phx-az-pinheads-new-pinside-meet-up-forming-on-east-side and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.