Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Crash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#2 11 years ago

Great stuff. Thanks for posting the link.

#4 11 years ago

Cool!

#5 11 years ago

Very cool indeed, go Plaw!!!

#6 11 years ago

Thanks for getting the word out. Profound respect and appreciation for Lawlor and Youssi.

Brian

#7 11 years ago

Digital pinball = Zzzzzs for me.

#8 11 years ago

Nice, I have the 4 ProPinball games somewhere. They are full emulations, with diagnostics, auditing, etc, just like a real pin.

#9 11 years ago

Great news, God is back!

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Not a big deal to me because I don't play video game pinball but good news for people that do.

#11 11 years ago

Very exciting stuff

#12 11 years ago

While I am a Lawlor fan, and my three wishlist pins are all Lawlor designs(I didn't know who PL was when I played those pins back in the day).......

If I see a single flipper on one side for a sideways loop or target shot and a loop shot ending in three pop bumpers, I think I'll pass. I'm already quite familiar with that layout!

This thing had better be fresh and kinda ground-breaking for me to want to play it.

#13 11 years ago

Very sad that this likely means no Lawlor work to be done at JJP in the near future.

Excited to see a great team working together again and hope that this develops into some real pinball in there future rather than just virtual/video pins.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

If I see a single flipper on one side for a sideways loop or target shot and a loop shot ending in three pop bumpers, I think I'll pass. I'm already quite familiar with that layout!
    /blockquote>

No this is totally new stuff. I hear a couple of the games actually have 2 sets of 3 pop bumpers...crazy time! But seriously...I hear ya. That's why I give Nascar some love as it's off his beaten path.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Very sad that this likely means no Lawlor work to be done at JJP in the near future

Unless there's a full video pinball video mode.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

While I am a Lawlor fan, and my three wishlist pins are all Lawlor designs(I didn't know who PL was when I played those pins back in the day).......
    This thing had better be fresh and kinda ground-breaking for me to want to play it.

You are right, we should stick with a fan layout. We have not seen enought of that yet. I want to actually see the flippers move again and use one sling or move a sling to the top like Gottlieb used to do. They really had some great layouts.

#17 11 years ago

I just think because we're now in the digital realm for designing a pin, all bets are off. PL should just be going insane with this one. Play with multiple playfields and the sideways tilt they sit at. Play with levels of gravity and gapped ramps. Have a mode where the camera is at ball level or even have a mode where the ball is the camera.

Sooooo many different ways to go on this. I want to see something new!

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Perhaps you missed this in the article ?

"as the intention is to create a design which could actually be built at some point,".

That sounds to me like a pinball machine to me.

LTG

#19 11 years ago

That's cool, but I don't see a virtual pin ever having a special place in my heart or basement. Virtual is a fantastic realm to brainstorm new ideas and test and I understand the intent is to make it a physical pin, but we’re years from that announcement so I’m just stay seated for now.

I look forward to seeing what they come up with though.

#20 11 years ago

Are you kidding me! The Pinball Dream Team of Lawlor & Youssi are back together?

Where do I sign up for this game now? Wait its virtual? Ok... Maybe not.

-Aaron
    The Gorilla's October Pinball Tournament in Iowa

#21 11 years ago

Great news to hear.

#22 11 years ago

oh camon... october 2013??? arrgh the news get so early these days!

great team, great series of games. i will be getting that for sure

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Perhaps you missed this in the article ?
    "as the intention is to create a design which could actually be built at some point,".
    That sounds to me like a pinball machine to me.
    LTG

Yeah, never heard that phrase before

Let's just hope that good intentions do in fact turn into a real thing. In the meantime, I'm with HighProtein on this one. Unless it emulates an actual pinball table, I'm not interested.

#24 11 years ago

To bad it's not a real pin love lawlor pins

#25 11 years ago

They have posted over on VPforums that they will have cabinet support on all of these tables so we can play them on our virtual pins as well.
    As a virtual pinball cabinet owner I am very excited to get this program now.
    All the classics and a new Lawlor table, things are looking up.

#26 11 years ago

Wow, these two guys are what I love about pinball, original. I think its a great idea. If they sell a half million copies of the game, JJP can step in and sell x% of real machines. It would be good for location pinball, the masses would see a pinball they are familiar with. Win, win.

#27 11 years ago

For those of you who only like real machines, it's early days, but we've already been approached by four different parties interested in making either a real version of Pat's new Pro Pinball game or a real version of our second game Timeshock!

Ade.

#28 11 years ago

I bought every Pro Pinball table available when they came out, and I was into Epic Pinball before that. They really had some great tables... I'm not a huge fan of emulated pinball now that I have my own real games, but before I did, I was really into their software. I am not impressed with the stuff I've seen from Farsight. I think these guys can do much better, although I applaud Farsight for re-creating the classic games. It looks like a win-win.

#29 11 years ago

This might just be a brilliant plan.

This way, he can design a pin virtually, release it, get everyone's feedback, tweak it, and repeat.....

Then once everyone swears it is an awesome game, the identical real version goes into production.

3... Profit.

#30 11 years ago

Forget the real vs virtual pin stuff, I can't play a real pin while waiting for a plane or sitting in the barber's or shopping with my wife. Just give me something that is close to real pinball and can be played on my phone and I'm a happy camper when real pins are not available! This sounds very cool and the whole Kickstarter thing is interesting.

#31 11 years ago

Has anyone actually played pro pinball? This beats future pinball hands down in physics, and this released back in 1996-2000! BigRaceUSA is a blast to play, I highly recommend finding a copy.

And others have said, maybe this is the way to go with future pinball design. Design it virtually, make some cash on a virtual game, get feedback, tweak it digitally, THEN make a whitewood after the design has been proven.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from adebarritt:

we've already been approached by four different parties interested in making either a real version of Pat's new Pro Pinball game or a real version of our second game Timeshock!

I think Timeshock, while probably as expensive to produce as Twilight Zone, can be replicated 100% as a physical machine. I see 2 spinning toys, one of which is a crane similar to Demolition Man. That also tells us that design would work quite well in the real world. But this thing probably has more ramps and habitrails than any game I've seen before.

This is the reward Silvrerball Studios gets for keeping it so real and believable. The ability to design every aspect of their games into a physical machine without watering down the experience, likely a reality they had ever intended on reaching.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attn-pat-lawlor-fans?hl=jfre81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.