Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GPS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

173001563_4483338671694736_1756977604608567257_n (resized).jpg
    172110828_4476061479089122_4776174431214538631_n (resized).jpg
    54C34E37-78BE-40F2-9325-09051E58E8B6 (resized).jpeg
    DB65713F-D37C-4C94-959E-76FD0E5B10FC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinfidel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 2 years ago

Honestly...I would take some frisket and mask off the black, making the lines perfectly straight. Then, paper mask off the rest of the cabinet and respray the bleeding areas with the white. I would spray it so you don't get paint build up or brush strokes showing. You went through all that trouble of getting it so beautiful, take another (I know it's a pain in butt) hour and mask it off right and re-hit the white. After you strip it and everything is perfect, you'll be so glad you did.

As for the black, me...I'd have to mask off the white and respray that black too, but if you want to do that the quick way out, you should be fine by spraying the black paint onto a q-tip and lightly touching those few white spots that are showing to blend it in. That should be fine.

GL.

#15 2 years ago

You can use blue painters tape or that green frog tape. Those are made to peel away without pulling off any paint under the tape. That's the important thing, using a tape with enough tack to stay down, stop blleding and that peels off cleanly.

My suggestion, get some 1/4 inch fine line detail tape. Stick that down first, making all the lines perfectly straight. Then, take some masking paper and lay that down beside the detail tape. Then take blue painters tape and seal the paper mask by taping the painters tape to the 1/4" detail tape and the paper mask. Now, after you're done with the touch up spraying, you simply peel off the detail tape and the blue painters tape and paper mask will all come off together.

I wish you were closer so I could come help you do this. It's so much easier to do than actual explain.

#17 2 years ago

Yes, spray paint builds up very quick..you need to move at a good pace, one not too fast and not too slow.

A good way to do spray painting is to lightly mist over what you're spraying and just do multiple coats. So, you'd spray a nice misted coat on and then leave it to mostly dry before misting in another coat. Then, let that coat dry before adding another coat.

Doing it this way takes much more time and you may have to spray your area 6, 8 or even 10 times to get solid/full coverage, BUT you'll never have runs and the finished product will yield professional results.

Doing it this way will also give you lots of practice spraying so that you get the "feel" of it and are far more comfortable doing it. Before you know it, you'll be able to cover things in 3 or 4 coats without runs or issues.

BTW, I've been a painter my whole life. I've painted inside and outside homes, buildings, commercial, residential, schools, gymnasiums, train stations, busses, vehicles and the occasional pinball machine, to name a few things I've done.

#20 2 years ago

It's gonna look truly amazing when it's done brother. Can't wait to see pics.

GL the rest of the way. Hope everything goes easy and smooth for ya.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinfidel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attn-cab-paint-experts?tu=Pinfidel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.