17415491-F1CF-42AD-9426-862F460BC27A (resized).jpeg
05972161-8ADF-48D1-BDA8-3286F29DFA31 (resized).jpeg
F989D4CC-D92A-48E4-B438-C77CE18B7735 (resized).jpeg
588FEA08-3C37-412B-B0FD-BA7C5CD013A4 (resized).jpeg
6F226155-4D31-4EE5-9E8A-4AFF2F7DFD83 (resized).jpeg
FBF66024-A007-46B5-843A-EA2DF66D47AA (resized).jpeg
0DF0849E-D599-45E4-8B9D-4249281D2A7E (resized).jpeg
06A2B363-9895-4FC7-9A2D-34BB819EC441 (resized).jpeg

There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I started calling BBSes on my Commodore, first on a 300 baud modem that went in the cartridge port. I could out-type it...

I wonder if you ever gave me a call??
The Market Place BBS. Was run on Color=64 BBS software. Had 4 phone lines hooked up to the Commodore, online multi-player games, and a hard drive full of games ("Warez") for download. The hard drive was formatted into multiple 170k disks for the Commodore to access!
Spent so much time on it, damn near caused a divorce!

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I wonder if you ever gave me a call??
The Market Place BBS. Was run on Color=64 BBS software. Had 4 phone lines hooked up to the Commodore, online multi-player games, and a hard drive full of games ("Warez") for download. The hard drive was formatted into multiple 170k disks for the Commodore to access!
Spent so much time on it, damn near caused a divorce!

My friends ran The Mall and Paradise Express. I ran Shattered Glass though it was not as popular as I did not run it as long but was first to fidonet integrate and remember buying a shareware CD-ROM at a show which had a list of BBS's and I was on it. Cool moment. I owe my career to that BBS.

#153 7 years ago

I purchased a fair sized misc. collection of games. I don't think too many originals but should be interesting to see what games are in the collection. Couldn't go wrong with the price so decided to make the deal. What decent Amiga stuff that hits kijiji moves pretty fast in my neck of the woods.

#154 7 years ago

Collection growing!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#155 7 years ago

D and D, I don't think Pool of Radiance, maybe some later in the series. Eye of the Beholder for sure. That series is available as a GOG release for windows now.

1 week later
#156 7 years ago

So I have set up a BBS running on Commodore 64 emulator (WinVice) and have it running Color 64 BBS from back in the day.

This is pretty cool and you can connect to it via telnet or some other terminal software.

I ran a BBS for a few years back in the mid 80's. I used to mod and do some programming on the Color 64 BBS. I was only 12. I did a lot of other things that I probably should not have been doing back then as well. Early cyber hacks I guess you could say.

Feel free to connect and give it a try. Still setting thing up but it is operational.

Pinball Underground BBS

pcpl.hopto.org port 6400

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

My favorite game was Blood Money. Best soundtrack of its time » YouTube video

Yep. I quite remember Blood Money... lots of digitized speech--which was a rarity in those times. I could never make it past the first level, though.

#158 7 years ago

I didn't know if this was posted here already, but I'll be watching this documentary on the Amiga soon!

https://amigafilm.com/

Also... HART CORE! (my favorite demo) since I didn't know I liked Gabber/Hardcore music until I saw this.

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

I didn't know if this was posted here already, but I'll be watching this documentary on the Amiga soon!
https://amigafilm.com/
Also... HART CORE! (my favorite demo) since I didn't know I liked Gabber/Hardcore music until I saw this.
» YouTube video

That is pretty cool.

#160 7 years ago

There's this one too:

2 months later
#161 7 years ago

My BBS is running with the following Pfiles/Doors:

Global Wars, Tradewars, Wheel of fortune, Ship hunt, Dragons Lair, Yacht-zee, The Wall, Hack n slash, Murder Motel, and Acey Deucey

If you want to play telnet retrocave.ddns.net 5432

#162 7 years ago

Global Wars and Trade Wars were two of my daily rituals for many, many years. I may have to go for another spin.

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Global Wars and Trade Wars were two of my daily rituals for many, many years. I may have to go for another spin.

Same here, both of them were my go-to games for a long time. I really don't know that I want to get back into that again

#164 7 years ago

Solar Realms Elite and The Pit got their fair share of play time also.

#165 7 years ago

amiga (resized).jpgamiga (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#166 6 years ago

Anyone know of a good site (aside from eBay) to post Amiga hardware for-sale ads? I have a couple A4000's and A3000's I would like to have go to good homes. Please PM with info. Thanks!

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from swanng:

Anyone know of a good site (aside from eBay) to post Amiga hardware for-sale ads? I have a couple A4000's and A3000's I would like to have go to good homes. Please PM with info. Thanks!

I bet a few users here wouldn't mind giving them a nice home. Post prices!

#168 6 years ago

Yes, there seems to be quite a few of us that share the love of pinball and the Amiga.

#169 6 years ago

I'll have some photos uploaded in a few days with some details on the machines. Most likely the week after Easter for the details and photos, though.

#170 6 years ago

Still got my Amiga 500( well 1000 really), actually got 2 of them although one has a dodgy drive. Must have about 400 discs somewhere in the stash. I think one of my all time fav games was Wings

#171 6 years ago

I'm recapping my 1200, use my 3000 a lot and just got a 2000 Toaster. I have a 500 that is clean and will likely sell that as I never use it. A 4000 would be right at home next to the others.

#172 6 years ago

The Turrican series is amazing, Great music also

I wish I had an Amiga but I got the memories of playing around with them as a kid

#173 6 years ago

Turrican and Battle Squadron.

#174 6 years ago

The creators of Maniac Mansion and Monkey Island have a new game out, I saw it on a fb ad the other day. Same concept, 8 bit adventure. Pretty cool.

https://thimbleweedpark.com/

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

The creators of Maniac Mansion and Monkey Island have a new game out, I saw it on a fb ad the other day. Same concept, 8 bit adventure. Pretty cool.
https://thimbleweedpark.com/

Oh wow, I loved these games back in the day of the C64 and Amiga. Thanks for posting.

#176 6 years ago

Ok I have one for you amiga fans.. usually I can find a reference to a game I remember playing but not this time. It was a game where you were chasing criminals in a fiero, it was 3d first person driving the car.. and when the other cops pulled you over accidentally, they would apologize and called you "Mr ferrari". I can't for the life of me find any reference to this game but I know I remember playing it on the amiga.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

wow! talk about bringing back memories. although, for all of this talk about the amiga (and atari st), I can't believe that someone hasn't mentioned dungeon master and/or chaos strikes back! truly epic titles, and the first "true" color 3D dungeon crawlers

side note:
I authored both the official guides for chaos strikes back and dungeon master II

epic i loved these games!!!!

#178 6 years ago

@ toyotaboy, was it Miami Chase?

#179 6 years ago

When the Amiga got on the market everything else was outdated , even the Atari ST.

#180 6 years ago

I'm not an atari computer guy but didn't they release around the same time in 1985?

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

@ toyotaboy, was it Miami Chase?

no, that was top down view (But a cool game none-the-less). Think test drive dual, but you're a cop in a fiero, and you have to drive around town looking for speeders.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Ok I have one for you amiga fans.. usually I can find a reference to a game I remember playing but not this time. It was a game where you were chasing criminals in a fiero, it was 3d first person driving the car.. and when the other cops pulled you over accidentally, they would apologize and called you "Mr ferrari". I can't for the life of me find any reference to this game but I know I remember playing it on the amiga.

First Person driving makes me think of The Duel but you aren't a police officer...

#183 6 years ago

I may have gotten in a schoolyard fistfight with the whole Amiga vs Atari ST thing.

#184 6 years ago

finally figured it out, it was highway patrol II

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I may have gotten in a schoolyard fistfight with the whole Amiga vs Atari ST thing.

Sounds about right. lol

Had an Atari ST E hooked up to a large MIDI keyboard so I could blast my Sierra adventure games sound through it.
Not to mention night after night of all the Dungeon Master games.
The closest Atari ST and Amiga store was the Floppy Wizard in Houston about 80 miles away, but we went every chance we could get.

#186 6 years ago

To work the tie-in of Amiga and pinball, if anyone going to PATZ on Saturday would be interested in a Commodore 1084 or 1084S monitor, drop me a line. I have a few including some connection cables for systems. And of course depending on the source you can always use the composite inputs, which are great to have.

Brad

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

ST RULEZ!!!!

I got into many a fight as well back in the day. Ah, to be young again and fight over stupid shit. Oh wait, we're on Pinside

#188 6 years ago

Loved the Amiga. Spent too much time playing 'Empire'. Cant remember the name but there was a head to head flight simulator game that used a split screen. Me and friends spent way too much time playing. It would let you choose different types of planes and my favorite was the 'paper airplane' selection.

#189 6 years ago

^^^ Amiga fan, check. Rush fan, check. Pinhead, check.

I wish I had the exact numbers but there's definitely a sizeable demographic represented here. I also wish I were smart enough to explain why.

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I wish I had the exact numbers but there's definitely a sizeable demographic represented here. I also wish I were smart enough to explain why.

We're all in that "sweet spot" age group, that grew up in the 80s with pinballs, arcades... and Amigas.

#191 6 years ago

Only two words need to be said...

amiga_power.jpgamiga_power.jpg

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

We're all in that "sweet spot" age group, that grew up in the 80s with pinballs, arcades... and Amigas.

Is that your way of saying you're not a Rush fan?

I haven't seen them play in nearly twenty years but I remember being slightly creeped out by how homogeneous the crowd was. Middle-class white dudes in jeans, t-shirts and baseball caps literally made up 99% of the audience.

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I haven't seen them play in nearly twenty years but I remember being slightly creeped out by how homogeneous the crowd was. Middle-class white dudes in jeans, t-shirts and baseball caps literally made up 99% of the audience.

Their lyrics are about how trees are talking to each other, How different sides of the brain work and outer space bullshit. It's not like it's Helix or something. Helix was a wicked concert. They had good lyrics. Give me an R O C K! And the crowd yells "ROCK" really loud. Now that's a fucking concert.

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Yea, I saw them 4 times on their last tour(maybe final tour) and yep there were not a lot of females there. RUSH is like pinball 90% male.

2 weeks later
#195 6 years ago

Calm down bubbles it's not like it's helix or anything...lol

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Calm down bubbles it's not like it's helix or anything...lol

Nice EPYX joystick! Still miss the Wico Bat-handle!

1 week later
#197 6 years ago

These were the best Amiga joysticks i ever bought, tough as a brick shit house, still got 4 of them. Think they were called Terminators but that may have been the name of the company that made them. Granted they look unwieldy and difficult to use (did take a few days to get used to) BUT the most responsive joystick i ever used. These have internal micro switches just like an arcade machine joystick. I've got a Wico bat handle still, never liked it, should have sold the bloody thing ages ago

DSC03014 (resized).JPGDSC03014 (resized).JPG

DSC03015 (resized).JPGDSC03015 (resized).JPG

#198 6 years ago

http://theterminatorjoystick.blogspot.com/

Well I'll be damned, learn something every day. I'd never seen that one before but totally agree on the Wico bat handle - most overrated joystick of the period.

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

http://theterminatorjoystick.blogspot.com/

Well I'll be damned, learn something every day. I'd never seen that one before but totally agree on the Wico bat handle - most overrated joystick of the period.

COOL, thanks for the link, more info than i thought may have been available. They were sold in Oz too
HOLY crap, 25-50 pound for used? i'm sitting on a gold mine I can understand why they didn't sell many considering the looks of them but also probably didn't get many repeat sales from users due to the fact they are so bloody tough. Mine had been dropped, possibly thrown drinks spilled on them and all other kinds of abuse possible, still came through without a care in the world. SO glad i kept hold of them......errmmm anyone wanna buy a Wico?

#200 6 years ago
There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attn-amiga-500-owners/page/4?hl=pinhead2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.