Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6a129651b774117e3f4225e2d3727c2d_(resized).jpg
    838f1_(resized).jpg
    jump-to-conclusions-mat_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darth_chris.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 8 years ago

Why do Stern need distributors anyway ? serious question here. Stern keeps complaining about some dealers giving price Under the value they allow to certain customers. Yet after that, word gets out.....some people are unhappy because their distributor did not give them the same price. after that there is people inventing street prices just to upset some people more.

Question is.....Stern seems to be more than capable to manage their sales on their own. Standard prices, same info and way more reliable to everyone. They know what is happening and have direct answers to have a better Customer experience. Would seem like a good bang for the buck too.

So why ?

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I think you are underestimating how many games are hand delivered/set up/maintained by distributors in whatever state. Stern would never want to deal with this aspect.

Right, I forgot about the white gloves treatment. Would be cool also to have exact numbers on pin sold for new pins. You can track old pins production numbers but I would like to see how many AC/DC, MET or TRON (that last one is for you Flank) Stern produced and sold.

Quoted from vid1900:

Distributors keep the coinop world alive.
    Ops walk into their distributor and hand over cash for new games.
    If Ops bought directly from Stern, that would create a paper-trail, and Ops don't want that.

That's an aspect of this world I know nothing about. So few locations for us to play up here. We do have lots of arcades but most of them have driving games, vids and no pinball. No chance for me to come in contact and learn about OP's and location aspects.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darth_chris.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-stern-attention-someone-from-stern-please-respond?tu=darth_chris and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.