Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6a129651b774117e3f4225e2d3727c2d_(resized).jpg
    838f1_(resized).jpg
    jump-to-conclusions-mat_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 8 years ago

I ordered GOT premium in October and just got it last week, chill out.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

You'll get the game...there's a lot of people waiting on games.

It's a pinball fiesta, how many titles are they making/assembling right now?

1) MMr
    2) TWD
    3) Met
    4) ST
    5) GoT
    6) spidey vault
    7) GB

Anything else? I don't know if any more Whoa Nellie's are planned.....

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Well.... yeah?
    I mean, as many have pointed out, the OP not only is using the entirely WRONG forum to get resolution, he/she is also confused as to who they should even be pushing for resolution WITH.
    Now, had the OP called-out the bistro in question, that might be CLOSER to the right target, but not nearly as effective as picking up the phone and/or cancelling the order.

He just needed an ear for a moment

#44 8 years ago

If anyone didn't see the 17 minute video Stern put on their Facebook page March 31st you should watch it, just shows how much stuff they are working on, the wiring loom trees are awesome!

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Exactly, this thread has relieved some anticipation for my NIB

What game are you waiting on?

#49 8 years ago

Ah.....post some pics of the super glossy PF when you get it. They have a bunch of Mets going in that video, hope yours is ready this week.

Last game Im waiting on now is my Spidey vault and supposedly production is all on GB now, hope they snuck mine in and its just waiting final testing/boxing

4Horsemen!

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm still waiting on Fiesta.

838f1_(resized).jpg

Williams said they have it ready but cant ship, just drive over to the factory and grab it.

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Can it pick it up directly at PPS? Those guys seem pretty cool.

Oh man, you will be getting a long winded PM from someone telling you how he really is cool.

#69 8 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You're absolutely right. And when my order wasn't filled I would get a refund and buy when they were available. You and others who have bought other pins have not done that. Why not? You must feel there is a benefit you're getting or a penalty you're avoiding by letting the distributor hold your money. I'm trying to understand the thinking process.

Because most of us don't want to fuck over our distributor, you know, make an agreement to buy and stick to it.......................................... then say nah, I'm out. <---Bushleague

Although, I did back out of Hobbit but Im giving myself a pass on that one.

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Why do Stern need distributors anyway ? serious question here. Stern keeps complaining about some dealers giving price Under the value they allow to certain customers. Yet after that, word gets out.....some people are unhappy because their distributor did not give them the same price. after that there is people inventing street prices just to upset some people more.
    Question is.....Stern seems to be more than capable to manage their sales on their own. Standard prices, same info and way more reliable to everyone. They know what is happening and have direct answers to have a better Customer experience. Would seem like a good bang for the buck too.
    So why ?

I think you are underestimating how many games are hand delivered/set up/maintained by distributors in whatever state. Stern would never want to deal with this aspect.

#84 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

So, the BUYER needs to "stick to" their agreement to pay, but
    The Distro can weasel out of their commitment to ship in a timely manner?
    PT Barnum approves of this thread.

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I share your sentiment and expect my business associates to do the same. When they can't/don't/won't fulfill my order in my expected timeframe they return my money.
    Making that clear in writing when you buy something avoids a lot of misunderstandings.

Yeah, I don't believe anyone is thinking the distributor is sitting on the product. It's just not in stock due to the factory not having made it.

Edit-I've never bought a pin (that hadn't been made) that I needed a concrete delivery date, stern received some slack from me since they have a proven track record while my Hobbit get cancelled due to a lack of faith in their ability to produce

#99 8 years ago

One of the things one should think about, you had an order from months ago for a NIB for say a MET pro for 4800 shipped or whatever the deal was, you cancel and buy an in stock Met pro now, you might be paying 5K according to new Stern policy......just ride out the wait.

#101 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Waiting months more vs getting one immediately after spending $200 more might be worth it to some people.

True that!

Edit-although I had access to buying pro's way less than 5k

#103 8 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Just to give you another perspective TP...
    My Hobbit still hasn't shipped and it was purchased around the time you started collecting machines.
    Before that, WOZ almost hit the three year mark before I got it.
    I slept like a baby (full of fresh, warm breast milk ) and started zero threads about the delays.
    When I got the first call out of the blue, it was like Atari Christmas all over again; I'm guessing when I get the second call, it will be slightly less amazing.
    It doesn't seem like you are content waiting patiently (like me) for new games TP, I'd suggest you get your $$$ back as quickly as possible so it will only be a few short days to get your Starfleet on.
    Your distributor deals with this type of scenario on a daily basis so, don't blame yourself if they aren't doing the legwork for you.
    If you got a screaming' deal on the machine, then stay and be loyal.
    Otherwise, (like Schlockdoc eluded to,) there are about six other good vendors to choose from that will probably have the machine in stock.
    Now where did I put that breast milk...

Sorry, I drank all the breast milk plaid boy, arm wrasslin 4 Eva!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-stern-attention-someone-from-stern-please-respond?tu=centerflank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.