Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6a129651b774117e3f4225e2d3727c2d_(resized).jpg
    838f1_(resized).jpg
    jump-to-conclusions-mat_(resized).jpg
    There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Waiting months more vs getting one immediately after spending $200 more might be worth it to some people.

True that!

Edit-although I had access to buying pro's way less than 5k

#102 8 years ago

Just to give you another perspective TP...
    My Hobbit still hasn't shipped and it was purchased around the time you started collecting machines.
    Before that, WOZ almost hit the three year mark before I got it.
    I slept like a baby (full of fresh, warm, delicious breast milk ) the whole time and managed to start zero threads about all the delays.
    When I got the first call out of the blue, it was like Atari Christmas warm fuzzies all over again; I'm guessing when I get the second call, it will be slightly less amazing.

It doesn't seem like you are content waiting patiently (like me) for new games TP.
    I'd suggest you get your $$$ back as quickly as possible so it will only be a few short (long?) days to get your Starfleet on.

Your distributor deals with this type of scenario on a daily basis so don't feel like you need to stay in if they aren't doing the legwork for you.
    Flipside to that statement...
    If you happened to get a screamin' deal on the machine, by all means stay loyal to __, say THANK YOU, and chill the f*<k out.

Otherwise, (like Schlockdoc eluded to,) there are about six other good vendors to choose from that will probably have the machine in stock.

Now where did I put that breast milk...

#103 8 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Just to give you another perspective TP...
    My Hobbit still hasn't shipped and it was purchased around the time you started collecting machines.
    Before that, WOZ almost hit the three year mark before I got it.
    I slept like a baby (full of fresh, warm breast milk ) and started zero threads about the delays.
    When I got the first call out of the blue, it was like Atari Christmas all over again; I'm guessing when I get the second call, it will be slightly less amazing.
    It doesn't seem like you are content waiting patiently (like me) for new games TP, I'd suggest you get your $$$ back as quickly as possible so it will only be a few short days to get your Starfleet on.
    Your distributor deals with this type of scenario on a daily basis so, don't blame yourself if they aren't doing the legwork for you.
    If you got a screaming' deal on the machine, then stay and be loyal.
    Otherwise, (like Schlockdoc eluded to,) there are about six other good vendors to choose from that will probably have the machine in stock.
    Now where did I put that breast milk...

Sorry, I drank all the breast milk plaid boy, arm wrasslin 4 Eva!

#104 8 years ago

So that's the secret to your strength!
    LION'S milk!

Don't worry Flankster,
    I've got your precious dual buttoned Hardbody training my arms for Stallone wrasslin' excellence!
    Rachel McLish (the dish) is a diabolical mistress/trainer when triple waxed and she takes NO prisoners.
    I must admit, last year I was Stay Puft soft when I drunkenly challenged you on that tiny table.
    Totally outclassed by the reigning "Tronville Titan."
    This year though, I put foot-to-ass and now have a lifetime pass to the Spa of the Future!
    I guess I can put down my lazerbar for a second to come serve you up some plaid payback for drinking all that delicious milk, sideburns.

You can even bring your so called "Four Horsemen" to the party!
    We can rumble 'till the lightning kitties come home!

#105 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Too bad for ops there already is a paper trail even if they buy cash lol

They walk into the office, pay for their games in cash, walk out with receipts that say "Counter Sale".

It's been that way for 70 years.

#106 8 years ago

yep thats right. Then we tell the Brinks truck to stop by every week with a wheelbarrow to empty the cashbox. Pins usually paid for in 2 to 3 weeks tops. No need to write off the depreciation because we are making so much of that moolah. Cant wait for that next truckload of pins to get in. Not the last 23 of the 70 years I remember.

#107 8 years ago
    Quoted from fargen:

No need to write off the depreciation because we are making so much of that moolah.

Your pins depreciate?

We sell them for almost what we bought them for; sometimes more.

#108 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Your pins depreciate?
    We sell them for almost what we bought them for; sometimes more.

How do you sell routed games for what you paid for them when collectors often have a hard time recouping their money on HUO games?

#109 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

How do you sell routed games for what you paid for them when collectors often have a hard time recouping their money on HUO games?

Walk in, and pay with cash for max discount.

Always buy 6+ of each title for max discount.

(edited)

Never waste money on crappy mods or toppers.

Always first day wax and Mylar, especially the shooter lane.

Quickly turn over games that don't earn but are in collector demand (i.e. WOZ).

Flatten/save box and don't open goodie bag (collectors go crazy for stupid stuff like that).

#110 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Walk in, and pay with cash for max discount.
    Always buy 6+ of each title for max discount.
    (edited)
    Never waste money on crap mods.
    Quickly turn over games that don't earn but are in collector demand (i.e. WOZ).
    Flatten/save box and don't open goodie bag (collectors go crazy for stupid stuff like that).

And dont drill lockdown clasp into the cabinet.

#111 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You mylar the shooter lane? Or are you saying you just wax it?

#112 8 years ago
    Quoted from fargen:

yep thats right. Then we tell the Brinks truck to stop by every week with a wheelbarrow to empty the cashbox. Pins usually paid for in 2 to 3 weeks tops. No need to write off the depreciation because we are making so much of that moolah. Cant wait for that next truckload of pins to get in. Not the last 23 of the 70 years I remember.

Remind me to tell you some amazing bingo operator stories someday.

#113 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

You mylar the shooter lane?

yes

#114 8 years ago

You paid a year ago, have not received it, and other distros have it in stock. Hmmm Your distributor sucks. Get your money back and buy from another.

#115 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I've "bought" machines for the op I worked for. It was in cash that they just happened to give me . "My name" Amusement COmpaNy was written on the receipt & Bill of lading.

You guys do understand there is a paper trial still right? Especially if you buy enough. No worries, keep it going like that

#116 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

You guys do understand there is a paper trial still right?

Yep, a trail of Franklins going into their floor safe.

#117 8 years ago

Attention Stern!! Attention Stern!! The paycheck that I was supposed to receive from my company to buy GBLE did not arrive on Friday. What are you going to do about it!!

#118 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

You guys do understand there is a paper trial still right? Especially if you buy enough. No worries, keep it going like that

For me, I worked for a large route operator from 1979 to 1985. This was pre-camera everywhere days and cash transactions were the norm.
    Besides the local distributors, we would drive to Cleveland COiN before they opened up a branch in Detroit so we took the bags of cash with us. Two of us in the truck with the stipulation that one of us stayed in the truck with the cash if we stopped for food, fuel or using the facilities.

Also, we had Cleveland Coin deliver to us. The drivers came to us with the games and we counted out the cash and shook hands and all was well. This was in the days of "protected territories" so the distributors did not want to show they were selling in another distributor's territory. We had to do this for hot games as the local ones ran out and we needed the money-makers when they were hot....

#119 8 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Remind me to tell you some amazing bingo operator stories someday.

Those poor guys; how did they survive and all drive Cadillacs, have seCONd homes, go to Las Vegas many times a year?

#120 8 years ago

This whole situation comes down to supply issues of parts that Stern gets from outside vendors. Stern doesn't manufacture every part on a game. Many of these parts are outsourced. Not Stern's fault, not the distributors fault. Just something that happens in the manufacturing world.

#121 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Distributors keep the coinop world alive.
    Ops walk into their distributor and hand over cash for new games.
    If Ops bought directly from Stern, that would create a paper-trail, and Ops don't want that.

That is a very interesting observation. Given local regs on registration of cash input devices and a desire to depreciate assets on the books I would have figured this issue moot in the modern era.

#122 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is a very interesting observation. Given local regs on registration of cash input devices and a desire to depreciate assets on the books I would have figured this issue moot in the modern era.

The underground eCONomy is a wonderful thing. Keep in mind there are customers who buy equipment with Purchase Orders and pay invoices by check. Also credit card customers and Home purchase hobbyists who want a receipt with their name & address.

#123 8 years ago

What'd the fish say when he ran into a cement wall............

Dam!!!

#124 8 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

Suck It naysayers!!! Just got a pm with the words contact and a phone number. Called number (Illinois ) and the guy on other end asks my name address and distr. He goes on to tell me things have been crazy around here and we're sorry you had to wait so long. We're processing your game and shipping it out today. He then proceeds to throw me a curveball when he states, would you prefer a premium? I say I ain't got cash for a premium. He floors me by saying we appreciate you as a customer and it's yours at no extra charge..what???? Thank you stern!#!# I think I was actually talking to gary!#! Holy freaking shit I'm never washing my ear again!!

Wow that is awesome!!

#125 8 years ago

Wow that's awesome!!

#126 8 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

He floors me by saying we appreciate you as a customer and it's yours at no extra charge..what???? Thank you stern!#!# I think I was actually talking to gary!#! Holy freaking shit I'm never washing my ear again!!

No freaking way!!! Amazing if true. Are you being serious because April 1 has passed?

#127 8 years ago
    #128 8 years ago

Smidgen of hope.

#129 8 years ago

So, OP says in the above quote it didn't really happen. Because of how he used quote it doesn't appear it is him saying it but he confirmed this didn't happen.

#130 8 years ago
    #131 8 years ago

Yanking us around is supposed to be funny?

You're making it hard to sympathize.

How do you not understand by now that Stern simply fills distro orders in the order they came in?

#132 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Now, had the OP called-out the bistro in question, that might be CLOSER to the right target, but not nearly as effective as picking up the phone and/or cancelling the order.

Now we know the problem....ordered from a restaurant.....

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-stern-attention-someone-from-stern-please-respond/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.