Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6a129651b774117e3f4225e2d3727c2d_(resized).jpg
    838f1_(resized).jpg
    jump-to-conclusions-mat_(resized).jpg
    There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 8 years ago

Stern does not have an order sitting on someone's desk with your name on it, the date you paid in full and when your machine is going to ship. So, even if some "powers that be" see this thread, there is absolutely zero they can do about it.

I'm a little confused on this because...
    My machine is paid in full and will supposedly be dropped shipped to my house from stern. So somebody out there besides my distr has my address and order...yes/no?
    I posted for resolution/ not to bitch, cry, complain. (Ok...maybe cry a little) Did I have absolutely no expectation stern would reply? No, but going in I knew chances were slim, but better than doing nothing. I like my distr, I'm sticking with them, they will not rip me off, I honestly believe they have no idea when my pin will ship because nobody is letting them know. I appreciate the responses(not so much the smart ass ones) but the title of the thread clearly states who I'm looking for a response from. So if my thread somehow makes you wanna say negative things and gets your panties in a bunch, please don't participate. This is not a rant, it's a simple question put to stern via pinside forum by a paying customer looking for an answer from somebody from Stern's who may frequent this fine forum who may step up and give some real answers instead of all the answers and solutions I have already considered.....bumping this squeaky wheel to the top....

#52 8 years ago

I'm also waiting on MET PRO, but I sure as hell didn't prepay the whole thing, just a very small deposit.

Now my GBLE deposit was larger and I keep feeling like that will get here before my new MET PRO LOL

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You should get a refund and send it to JPop for a Magic Girl.
    Seriously, do you know how manufacturing works? Paying in full for something that routinely has long delays and then complaining when it's delayed doesn't make sense to me.
    What were your expectations when you bought the machine from your distributor?
    Why did you pay in full before the machine was being shipped?

I've only been involved in collecting for a couple of years, I can't ever recall long delays with stern machines before now. I paid in full so as the machine could be drop shipped to my house without further interaction. When I first inquired on this paticularly machine I was told 2-3 weeks so that was my expectation. That was a loooonggg time ago. I guess asking a question to a company anymore is considered complaining. My bad...sorry.

#54 8 years ago

You should get a refund and send it to JPop for a Magic Girl.

Seriously, do you know how manufacturing works? Paying in full for something that routinely has long delays and then complaining when it's delayed doesn't make sense to me.

In all fairness, this is the first time we've seen delays like this from Stern. It's not like the OP pre-ordered a game from a new boutique manufacturer. Even the distributors were caught off guard by this situation. Cut the guy some slack.

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

I'm also waiting on MET PRO, but I sure as hell didn't prepay the whole thing, just a very small deposit.
    Now my GBLE deposit was larger and I keep feeling like that will get here before my new MET PRO LOL

Yes, waiting on that one also. (Gb pro) and I'm starting to think that'll arrive first also.

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Now don't go thinking there's no benefit to paying in full with a reputable distributor

#57 8 years ago

I asked my distributor January 11th if he was getting Met Pro's that month? His reply was " Yes we are. I would send a check soon if you want one." I sent a check on the 12th of January, still no game. I've emailed him every week. I don't believe its his fault. I think he was told by Stern that they would be running some more soon and he thought it would be sooner than three months from when I paid him. I know I'll get my game eventually, but it is what it is.

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

I ordered and paid in full for my MMR in 2014 and the order has still not been fulfilled.

Ouchita ouch ouch!! Remember when you think you've got it bad, always someone out there in worse shape...

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

It's a pinball fiesta, how many titles are they making/assembling right now?
    1) MMr
    2) TWD
    3) Met
    4) ST
    5) GoT
    6) spidey vault
    7) GB
    Anything else? I don't know if any more Whoa Nellie's are planned.....

I'm still waiting on Fiesta.

838f1_(resized).jpg838f1_(resized).jpg

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gort:

I asked my distributor January 11th if he was getting Met Pro's that month? His reply was " Yes we are. I would send a check soon if you want one." I sent a check on the 12th of January, still no game.

What benefit are you getting for providing an interest-free loan to your distributor?

#61 8 years ago

I'll pay the $6.92 to be first in line

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm still waiting on Fiesta.

838f1_(resized).jpg

Williams said they have it ready but cant ship, just drive over to the factory and grab it.

#63 8 years ago

What benefit are you getting for providing an interest-free loan to your distributor?

I'm in the same boat. I paid my distributor in full for a MET pro a couple months ago. At the time, I was told the game would be shipping soon, and I had no reason to doubt that. I've bought several NIB Sterns, and I always received them when my distributor said I would. Like I said before, this was an unprecedented situation for Stern. Unforeseen supply issues created a huge backlog of orders. They are slowly trying to dig their way out of this mess, but it's going to take time.

#64 8 years ago

Put all my money in BlueStar until my Metallica comes in.........

6a129651b774117e3f4225e2d3727c2d_(resized).jpg6a129651b774117e3f4225e2d3727c2d_(resized).jpg

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Williams said they have it ready but cant ship, just drive over to the factory and grab it.

Can I pick it up directly at PPS? Those guys seem pretty cool.

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Can it pick it up directly at PPS? Those guys seem pretty cool.

Oh man, you will be getting a long winded PM from someone telling you how he really is cool.

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I'm in the same boat. I paid my distributor in full for a MET pro a couple months ago. At the time, I was told the game would be shipping soon, and I had no reason to doubt that. I've bought several NIB Sterns, and I always received them when my distributor said I would. Like I said before, this was an unprecedented situation for Stern. Unforeseen supply issues created a huge backlog of orders. They are slowly trying to dig their way out of this mess, but it's going to take time.

You're absolutely right. And when my order wasn't filled I would get a refund and buy when they were available. You and others who have bought other pins have not done that. Why not? You must feel there is a benefit you're getting or a penalty you're avoiding by letting the distributor hold your money. I'm trying to understand the thinking process.

#68 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Oh man, you will be getting a long winded PM from someone telling you how he really is cool.

I figured he'd just say send me your money and you will have your game soon.

#69 8 years ago

You're absolutely right. And when my order wasn't filled I would get a refund and buy when they were available. You and others who have bought other pins have not done that. Why not? You must feel there is a benefit you're getting or a penalty you're avoiding by letting the distributor hold your money. I'm trying to understand the thinking process.

Because most of us don't want to fuck over our distributor, you know, make an agreement to buy and stick to it.......................................... then say nah, I'm out. <---Bushleague

Although, I did back out of Hobbit but Im giving myself a pass on that one.

#70 8 years ago

Titling the thread "attention stern attention someone from stern please respond" doesn't sound like just blowing off steam.

Unless the idea was "I'm frustrated, let's see how much of other people's time I can make them waste saying the same thing over and over."

#71 8 years ago

None. I was under the impression that I would be getting my game soon. I could've asked for a refund and tried another distributer. To what avail? There are many used Met Pro's for sale, but I want a new one and I'll wait for it. It's not that big of a deal. Heck, I don't even have ANY pins right now to play. My distributors not jacking me around. He'll ship it when there available. And I doubt he's sitting on payments from alot of Met Pro's from people like me getting rich.

#72 8 years ago

Why do Stern need distributors anyway ? serious question here. Stern keeps complaining about some dealers giving price Under the value they allow to certain customers. Yet after that, word gets out.....some people are unhappy because their distributor did not give them the same price. after that there is people inventing street prices just to upset some people more.

Question is.....Stern seems to be more than capable to manage their sales on their own. Standard prices, same info and way more reliable to everyone. They know what is happening and have direct answers to have a better Customer experience. Would seem like a good bang for the buck too.

So why ?

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Why do Stern need distributors anyway ? serious question here. Stern keeps complaining about some dealers giving price Under the value they allow to certain customers. Yet after that, word gets out.....some people are unhappy because their distributor did not give them the same price. after that there is people inventing street prices just to upset some people more.
    Question is.....Stern seems to be more than capable to manage their sales on their own. Standard prices, same info and way more reliable to everyone. They know what is happening and have direct answers to have a better Customer experience. Would seem like a good bang for the buck too.
    So why ?

I think you are underestimating how many games are hand delivered/set up/maintained by distributors in whatever state. Stern would never want to deal with this aspect.

#74 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Why do Stern need distributors anyway ? serious question here.

Distributors keep the coinop world alive.

Ops walk into their distributor and hand over cash for new games.

If Ops bought directly from Stern, that would create a paper-trail, and Ops don't want that.

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I think you are underestimating how many games are hand delivered/set up/maintained by distributors in whatever state. Stern would never want to deal with this aspect.

Right, I forgot about the white gloves treatment. Would be cool also to have exact numbers on pin sold for new pins. You can track old pins production numbers but I would like to see how many AC/DC, MET or TRON (that last one is for you Flank) Stern produced and sold.

Quoted from vid1900:

If Ops bought directly from Stern, that would create a paper-trail, and Ops don't want that.

That's an aspect of this world I know nothing about. So few locations for us to play up here. We do have lots of arcades but most of them have driving games, vids and no pinball. No chance for me to come in contact and learn about OP's and location aspects.

#76 8 years ago

ATTENRION PEOPLE!!!

This thread reminds of a yelp review a customer left for me once.

ATTENRION PEOPLE: This place is run by a RACIST redneck , rude , smart ass , high attitude who is full of shit thinks he is a master of cars trying to teach me about cars that i have been in car industry for few years. Beside wasting my time for 30 minutes in his shop doing nothing on the car yet he throws me my receipt at me on the floor because I told him what's hold get the job done. There was absolutely no one in the store beside me. In addition this guy miss use the car they way he drove it inside and out and slam my hood so hard I had to tell him this is $100k car not a normal car you can't do that. I will make a phone call for this store to make sure they take their stars a way and if I was the owner I would immediately let go this employee,

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

ATENRION PEOPLE!!!
    This thread reminds of a yelp review a customer left for me once.
    ATTENRION PEOPLE: This place is run by a RACIST redneck , rude , smart ass , high attitude who is full of shit thinks he is a master of cars trying to teach me about cars that i have been in car industry for few years. Beside wasting my time for 30 minutes in his shop doing nothing on the car yet he throws me my receipt at me on the floor because I told him what's hold get the job done. There was absolutely no one in the store beside me. In addition this guy miss use the car they way he drove it inside and out and slam my hood so hard I had to tell him this is $100k car not a normal car you can't do that. I will make a phone call for this store to make sure they take their stars a way and if I was the owner I would immediately let go this employee,

WTF

#78 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Because most of us don't want to fuck over our distributor, you know, make an agreement to buy and stick to it.......................................... then say nah, I'm out. <---Bushleague

So, the BUYER needs to "stick to" their agreement to pay, but
    The Distro can weasel out of their commitment to ship in a timely manner?

PT Barnum approves of this thread.

#79 8 years ago

Fahred was having a bad day. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

#80 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

David Hannum.

LTG : )

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I share your sentiment and expect my business associates to do the same. When they can't/don't/won't fulfill my order in my expected timeframe they return my money.

Making that clear in writing when you buy something avoids a lot of misunderstandings.

#82 8 years ago

Get your money back and buy a used one for 800 less.

#83 8 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

attention stern attention someone from stern please respond

Lol

#84 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

So, the BUYER needs to "stick to" their agreement to pay, but
    The Distro can weasel out of their commitment to ship in a timely manner?

I share your sentiment and expect my business associates to do the same. When they can't/don't/won't fulfill my order in my expected timeframe they return my money.
    Making that clear in writing when you buy something avoids a lot of misunderstandings.

Yeah, I don't believe anyone is thinking the distributor is sitting on the product. It's just not in stock due to the factory not having made it.

Edit-I've never bought a pin (that hadn't been made) that I needed a concrete delivery date, stern received some slack from me since they have a proven track record while my Hobbit get cancelled due to a lack of faith in their ability to produce

#85 8 years ago

Man, this ST Pro that just arrived unexpectedly freaking rocks!!

#86 8 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

I ordered and paid in full for my st pro beginning of the year. Can you please ship it to me? I see other dealers and distr have new stock of these fs but my paid order has not been fullfilled. Can you please send me my machine.

What'd you pay, delivered for the ST Pro? The ONLY reason I can think of to not get a refund and send your money to a distributor with stock already that can ship immediately is if you got a smoking hot price on the one you prepaid for. But, given how this has gone for you so far, I doubt that's the case. And why bother building a relationship with a distributor that has problems getting allocations of hot machines?

#87 8 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

Man, this ST Pro that just arrived unexpectedly freaking rocks!!

Maybe the OP was just delivered a random MMr.

#88 8 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

I posted for resolution/ not to bitch, cry, complain. (Ok...maybe cry a little) Did I have absolutely no expectation stern would reply? No, but going in I knew chances were slim, but better than doing nothing. I like my distr, I'm sticking with them, they will not rip me off, I honestly believe they have no idea when my pin will ship because nobody is letting them know. ....

A relationship works both ways
    if your distributor cannot phone Stern today and get you an answer today , then they are not doing their job and not worthy of your business

but, if you want to be walked over.....

#89 8 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Get your money back and buy a used one for 800 less.

You show me a Met Pro for $800 less than I paid and I'll cancel my order right now.

#90 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

You show me a Met Pro for $800 less than I paid and I'll cancel my order right now.

He purchased a st pro and there is one for sale right now for 4100 and I just sold one for 4000. Not sure how met pro came into play here. Go back to very post in this thread.

#91 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Too bad for ops there already is a paper trail even if they buy cash lol

#92 8 years ago

Clearly Im jaded on this subject.

I won't even buy stuff thats NOT Amazon Prime eligible. And now I get same day service, waiting TWO WHOLE days for stuff is my maximum. I can't imagine waiting months for anything (a car, a piece of electronics or a pinball machine).

I'm definitely a "buy from dealer stock" consumer!

#93 8 years ago

Oh my God. You have to WAIT for your expensive toy!?!?!? This site is always good for a laugh. #firstworldproblems

#94 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Clearly Im jaded on this subject.
    I won't even buy stuff thats NOT Amazon Prime eligible.

Enjoy it while you can.

#95 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Too bad for ops there already is a paper trail even if they buy cash lol

I've "bought" machines for the op I worked for. It was in cash that they just happened to give me . "My name" Amusement COmpaNy was written on the receipt & Bill of lading.

#96 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

I won't even buy stuff thats NOT Amazon Prime eligible. And now I get same day service, waiting TWO WHOLE days for stuff is my maximum.

No kidding. I used "Prime Now" a couple Saturdays ago to order an external usb blu-ray drive. 18 minutes from when I ordered, until on my porch - no joke. I can't even drive to the local Fry's and back in that amount of time.

#97 8 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

I emailed stern yesterday. Hopefully hear from them soon. What gets under my skin is when all of a sudden others have new stock fs but people who have ordered and paid don't get theirs. Paid for machines should be shipped before others get their stock on hand machines. Make sense? Or am I missing something here?

You are sort of missing something here. You have no business with stern. You didn't pay stern a dime. Stern owes you nothing. Notta.

Instead you should be working with your distributor solely. You paid money to your distributor. If that's not getting you anywhere then you should get a refund and work with a distributor that can do something for you. Game exchange for example.

#98 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Why do Stern need distributors anyway ?

By using distributors, Stern basically outsources most of their sales & customer service.

#99 8 years ago

One of the things one should think about, you had an order from months ago for a NIB for say a MET pro for 4800 shipped or whatever the deal was, you cancel and buy an in stock Met pro now, you might be paying 5K according to new Stern policy......just ride out the wait.

#100 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

One of the things one should think about, you had an order from months ago for a NIB for say a MET pro for 4800 shipped or whatever the deal was, you cancel and buy an in stock Met pro now, you might be paying 5K according to new Stern policy......just ride out the wait.

Waiting months more vs getting one immediately after spending $200 more might be worth it to some people.

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-stern-attention-someone-from-stern-please-respond/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.