Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Skit-B_ Website_Changes.jpg
download.jpg
kevin-sprinkles.jpg
10fishface4.gif
ripped-spine-o.gif
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead1982.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 9 years ago

PRED #70
David Bishop
Paid in full ($4750) through paypal gift.

3 weeks later
#179 9 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

The PayPal conversation sucked for me. They immediately denied the claim I loaded through their website, so I called to discuss. I spoke with 2 representatives, here is what I learned.
- They will share no information with me about SkitB Pinball or their account.
- PayPal does still allow for the pre-payment of goods not yet produced, so, not against their rules.
- Credit Card chargebacks are processed in the name of the Seller through PayPal, and PayPal takes the money out of the Seller's account.
- Bank chargebacks (ACH Chargeback) are addressed to PayPal, so if my bank were to sack up and go after my money, PayPal would turn my account into a negative balance for the amount retrieved through an ACH chargeback, and put me in collections for the amount.
- Each successful credit card chargeback results in a $20 fee to the Seller.
- PayPal happily accepted my disgust, and does not care if I stay a customer.
- PayPal suggested I take it to small claims and/or load a police claim.
Much of this was already known, I found the $20 fee to be 'new' news. I also feel I have a clearer understanding of this chargeback process.

I got a different opinion from PayPal here in UK. I was told to contact my bank and do a payment reversal. VISA direct debit indemnity.
Visa debit card

A Visa debit card offers significantly better protection for shoppers. Their scheme is called Visa Debit Chargeback and any bank that issues a Visa debit card has to comply with the scheme.

You can claim money back if the goods you buy are damaged, or the product or services are not delivered.

There is no limit on what you can claim. But you have to claim within 120 days of the date you expected the goods to be delivered or the firm going bust.

So this isn't as good as when I use my credit card?

You get better protection if you use your credit card.

The key difference is that when you claim on a credit card under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, the credit card company is legally liable.

But the Visa Debit chargeback scheme is not legally binding, so you don't have any legal redress if you are unhappy.

I have a Visa debit card, but my bank says it hasn't heard of the Chargeback scheme. What should I do?

Unfortunately, a number of Working Lunch viewers have found this.

But a spokesperson for Visa Europe stressed that all legitimate claims that abide by the terms and conditions should be dealt with.

He told us that all banks who are members of the scheme should comply with the rules. The members include Nationwide, Barclays, Halifax, and Lloyds TSB.

So you will just have to insist, or ask to speak to someone more senior.

What if I bought goods outside of the UK, am I still protected?

Yes, in general for Visa debit. There are some small differences in the way the way the rules are applied in some countries, but in general, you should be protected.

I am paying for a guitar in instalments. I have already paid some in cash and some on my Visa debit card, but the retailer has now gone into administration. Can I claim all the instalments back?

Quite simply, yes you can, as the company has gone bust. Remember you have to get your claim in within 120 days of their collapse and back it up with proof of all your transactions.

#180 9 years ago

The interesting thing is that it gives an example of paying in installments and the company going bust-not delivering the product and you can claim money back.

My bank told me 3-5 working days and should have money in my account. Will wait and see

2 weeks later
#217 8 years ago

Got my money back through VISA payment reversal.

Good luck to all those still waiting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead1982.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-predator-buyers-list?tu=pinhead1982 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.