Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Skit-B_ Website_Changes.jpg
download.jpg
kevin-sprinkles.jpg
10fishface4.gif
ripped-spine-o.gif
image.jpg
There are 226 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And where were you in terms of how long ago the CC charge was made prior to disputing it?

Great question! The $2750 charge was placed on my credit card through PayPal on June 26, 2014. I submitted my dispute on March 27, 2015.

I hope this helps some of the other folks tied up in this mess.

#152 9 years ago

Got refunded in part by Amex out of $4750 (I paid in full).
Eating the difference due a 13-month limit for claims. I paid by multiple PP transactions. 8 in total. 3 were more than 13 months old.

(and no benefit from changing $/€ exchange rate in the meantime - was refunded in my own currency)

I hope those who paid by check can get some of their money back. Will of course cancel this Amex claim if refunded by Kevin as promised... slim chance.

#153 9 years ago

I'm in for $3,000. I was originally #76 (I think), but then traded with (and paid) a fellow Pinsider for #14.

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Got refunded in part by Amex out of $4750 (I paid in full).

Congrats! Glad to hear you were able to recoup some of your money.

#155 9 years ago

Game #27 paid in full.

Spoke to a lady from my Visa CC today and all she just wanted was a couple of emails Kevin sent out promising the game in 2014 and the last one saying everyone will get a refund in a few short days.

She said that she will decide which one to go with i.e. Goods didn't arrive as promised or Game not getting made now and no refund as yet.

#156 9 years ago

Got confirmation today that MasterCard are covering me for $4500. Kevin's bank has 45 days to dispute the charge back. Not sure how it all works when there is no money in his bank

#157 9 years ago

whether or not kevin has any money is not relevant at all when it comes to a chargeback from the cardholder side...

"mastercard" is a card association... they do not issue cards... they act as a clearinghouse (them along with visa) for transactions, as well as set the "rules" for how stuff works (in addition to some other stuff, like do auth request routing, etc.)...

key takeaway... the card associations are merely moving the transactions along... they don't issue cards, they don't acquire transactions from merchants, etc... neither mastercard nor visa are on the hook for anything, at any time...

"mastercard" and "visa" are "owned" by the card issuing/transaction acquiring banks...

acquiring banks (i.e. the bank that the merchant has signed up with to accept their transactions) charge a "discount rate" to the merchant when they take a transaction... this "discount rate" is how an acquiring bank "makes money" from the merchant for taking the transaction...

the acquiring bank has funds for uncollectable debt... it's part and parcel of "the business"... kevin is not the first person in the world to not have the money to cover non-disputed chargebacks, and he will not be the last...

the acquiring bank may decide it is not worth pursuing him, and eat the funds... they may also decide to really try hard... there's a cost/benefit at work there...

#158 9 years ago

Cheers for that. Guessing that Kevin's bank rally can't dispute the chargeback then unless they try saying it got lost in the post. Good to know - thanks

Fingers crossed for everyone else

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Cheers for that. Guessing that Kevin's bank rally can't dispute the chargeback then unless they try saying it got lost in the post. Good to know - thanks
Fingers crossed for everyone else

in this case "kevin's bank" is whoever is acting as the acquirer for paypal... i do not know, but i would guess, that they have a subsidiary somewhere that is acting as the acquirer...

#160 9 years ago

In my case, things are looking worse than than I thought.

I gave Kevin a full week after the Pinball News article before pressing charges, and that week is going to cost me a lot: I made a major payment 13 months and 6 days before contacting my CC company... and the limit is 13 months for a chargeback.

So now I can hope for is a $1500 chargeback. No way I am going to lose $3250 without a fight.

#161 9 years ago

If I lose my money then phase 2 will be implemented. This guy isn't getting away with it thats for sure. F---Face that he is.

#162 9 years ago

I am game #125. I have already received my chargeback from my credit card company for $4500.

#163 9 years ago

My bank suggested I open a second claim that the money was taken out of my account without my permission. I do not know which of my claims, but one has already been denied by my bank - I'd assume it was the claim that funds were removed without my permission, because that one made no sense to me.

I was planning on spending some of my work day down at my local PD filing the claims against Kevin, et al, but wouldn't you know it, work comes first. Then, out of the blue the bank calls to tell me that they are continuing the dispute, and that I had documentation to fill out, sign and send back. They suggested mail, we agreed on fax.

I still plan on filing my claim, ASAP. My bank asked that I contact them after doing so.

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

I am game #125. I have already received my chargeback from my credit card company for $4500.

I haven't said this to anyone else, but your good news reminded me - thank goodness some of you are getting a positive response! Congrats! It gives me some hope, and a story to relay to my bank that this process can and will be successful if they pursue their claim.

Again, I am happy and encouraged by the good news of those getting their money 'back'.

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If I lose my money then phase 2 will be implemented. This guy isn't getting away with it thats for sure. F---Face that he is.

Quick, delete your post before anyone see's it.

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

But you quoted it ??????

#167 9 years ago

Just wanted to make sure the guys following this thread saw this.

http://www.pinballnews.com/comment/predatorpinball2.html

#168 9 years ago

Yea right,like anyone ever got a refund from Kevin.
What a load of crap,to put it politely.

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Why? phase 2 is finding out how to put money down on Experts of Dangerous and F---face is actually Fishface.

10fishface4.gif10fishface4.gif

#170 9 years ago

My bank has officially closed both cases and denied my claims. They suggested I open the claim with PayPal, which I had not yet done as those seemed unsuccessful. I have now initiated the claim with PayPal.

I decided to bug my most recent email to Kevin. I sent this email on 4/7. It seems that I can rest assured, he has probably not read my previous emails, either.

#171 9 years ago

The PayPal conversation sucked for me. They immediately denied the claim I loaded through their website, so I called to discuss. I spoke with 2 representatives, here is what I learned.

- They will share no information with me about SkitB Pinball or their account.
- PayPal does still allow for the pre-payment of goods not yet produced, so, not against their rules.
- Credit Card chargebacks are processed in the name of the Seller through PayPal, and PayPal takes the money out of the Seller's account.
- Bank chargebacks (ACH Chargeback) are addressed to PayPal, so if my bank were to sack up and go after my money, PayPal would turn my account into a negative balance for the amount retrieved through an ACH chargeback, and put me in collections for the amount.
- Each successful credit card chargeback results in a $20 fee to the Seller.
- PayPal happily accepted my disgust, and does not care if I stay a customer.
- PayPal suggested I take it to small claims and/or load a police claim.

Much of this was already known, I found the $20 fee to be 'new' news. I also feel I have a clearer understanding of this chargeback process.

#172 9 years ago

Meanwhile Kevin can't figure out why everyone is so mad.

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

The PayPal conversation sucked for me.

Sorry to hear that. Don't give up hope just yet. There are a lot of us that are still banging away at this to a resolution we can all live with. Hang in there. Local PD will probably be a good route now. Don't let Kevin Kulek get away with fraud.

#174 9 years ago

I've gotten the contact information from others loading up the Midland, MI PD.

As it seems he's gotten away with my, and others', money - I cannot in good conscience let Kevin Kulek get away with fraud.

#175 9 years ago

One thing that is clear from the last PBN article ( besides the fact that he sounds like he's lacking a middle school education):
He clearly hasn't egaged an attorney yet because there's NO WAY one would allow that rambling stream of barely coherent blather he shared.

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

He clearly hasn't egaged an attorney yet because there's NO WAY one would allow that rambling stream of barely coherent blather he shared.

Unless his attorney got his law degree from University of American Samoa.

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

's all good, man.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yeah, it seems like it would be "mentally irresponsible"...

Who knows though... Might just be one of those "middle truths" we hear so much about....

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

The PayPal conversation sucked for me. They immediately denied the claim I loaded through their website, so I called to discuss. I spoke with 2 representatives, here is what I learned.
- They will share no information with me about SkitB Pinball or their account.
- PayPal does still allow for the pre-payment of goods not yet produced, so, not against their rules.
- Credit Card chargebacks are processed in the name of the Seller through PayPal, and PayPal takes the money out of the Seller's account.
- Bank chargebacks (ACH Chargeback) are addressed to PayPal, so if my bank were to sack up and go after my money, PayPal would turn my account into a negative balance for the amount retrieved through an ACH chargeback, and put me in collections for the amount.
- Each successful credit card chargeback results in a $20 fee to the Seller.
- PayPal happily accepted my disgust, and does not care if I stay a customer.
- PayPal suggested I take it to small claims and/or load a police claim.
Much of this was already known, I found the $20 fee to be 'new' news. I also feel I have a clearer understanding of this chargeback process.

I got a different opinion from PayPal here in UK. I was told to contact my bank and do a payment reversal. VISA direct debit indemnity.
Visa debit card

A Visa debit card offers significantly better protection for shoppers. Their scheme is called Visa Debit Chargeback and any bank that issues a Visa debit card has to comply with the scheme.

You can claim money back if the goods you buy are damaged, or the product or services are not delivered.

There is no limit on what you can claim. But you have to claim within 120 days of the date you expected the goods to be delivered or the firm going bust.

So this isn't as good as when I use my credit card?

You get better protection if you use your credit card.

The key difference is that when you claim on a credit card under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, the credit card company is legally liable.

But the Visa Debit chargeback scheme is not legally binding, so you don't have any legal redress if you are unhappy.

I have a Visa debit card, but my bank says it hasn't heard of the Chargeback scheme. What should I do?

Unfortunately, a number of Working Lunch viewers have found this.

But a spokesperson for Visa Europe stressed that all legitimate claims that abide by the terms and conditions should be dealt with.

He told us that all banks who are members of the scheme should comply with the rules. The members include Nationwide, Barclays, Halifax, and Lloyds TSB.

So you will just have to insist, or ask to speak to someone more senior.

What if I bought goods outside of the UK, am I still protected?

Yes, in general for Visa debit. There are some small differences in the way the way the rules are applied in some countries, but in general, you should be protected.

I am paying for a guitar in instalments. I have already paid some in cash and some on my Visa debit card, but the retailer has now gone into administration. Can I claim all the instalments back?

Quite simply, yes you can, as the company has gone bust. Remember you have to get your claim in within 120 days of their collapse and back it up with proof of all your transactions.

#180 9 years ago

The interesting thing is that it gives an example of paying in installments and the company going bust-not delivering the product and you can claim money back.

My bank told me 3-5 working days and should have money in my account. Will wait and see

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

My bank told me 3-5 working days and should have money in my account. Will wait and see

Best of luck! I hope the bank works in your favor.

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Meanwhile Kevin can't figure out why everyone is so mad.

C'mon man..I mean really, I mean it's like when there are some that think that there was something that if it had been done, would have been done in the way that they had imagined it would have been done when, obviously, it was, like done. Others believe the misrepresentations of what was not there in reality, if it had been known at the time, was this alternate truth, kinda like when you have ice cream and cake but you can't eat it and have both unless you have an ice cream machine and a bakery next door. So people are like, outraged because they maybe don't like cake or are maybe lactose intolerant or some other reason like maybe they are missing $5k. But the middle truth is that when you think that something is represented as being something that it wasn't when it is not really what it is, well you can't just say anything but you need to move on since you figured it out from the start so, like you can have the sprinkles. So, like why the outrage?

#183 9 years ago

Reading that made my head hurt.

kevin-sprinkles.jpgkevin-sprinkles.jpg
#184 9 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

C'mon man..I mean really, I mean it's like when there are some that think that there was something that if it had been done, would have been done in the way that they had imagined it would have been done when, obviously, it was, like done. Others believe the misrepresentations of what was not there in reality, if it had been known at the time, was this alternate truth, kinda like when you have ice cream and cake but you can't eat it and have both unless you have an ice cream machine and a bakery next door. So people are like, outraged because they maybe don't like cake or are maybe lactose intolerant or some other reason like maybe they are missing $5k. But the middle truth is that when you think that something is represented as being something that it wasn't when it is not really what it is, well you can't just say anything but you need to move on since you figured it out from the start so, like you can have the sprinkles. So, like why the outrage?

Helluva time for Google Translate to stop working. (mind blown)

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Huh? What the hell? Is this Kevin in disguise? How much money you want from me?

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

This is epic on so many levels.

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Until this post I thought I was bilingual...

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

download.jpgdownload.jpg

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

The sheriff is a n'ear...

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

You totally lost me on that one...

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

You totally lost me on that one...

It made as much sense...

#193 9 years ago

Reposted here by request.

If you are a victim please gather the following to report to,the detective in midland. Please don't wait. Please call,him right away.
1- all your details, DOB, address, how much you paid, when, how much, in a one page summary email. Include dates! Declare yourself a victim of KKK and here are my details.
2- evidence of any contact you had with KKK - notes from phone calls, recorded messages, and emails. Attach all this to your email.
3- another email attached labeled Web Links where you put links to incriminating videos, podcasts, and websites. There will be lots of duplication but don't worry about that just do it.
I have to make you find his phone number yourself. Detective Brent Benzing with the Midland County Sheriff. Only 5 people have reported today...WTF!?!
Don't lay down for this! Call the detective! Gather info and email the detective ! That information is bullets in his gun.
Right now, as we speak, KKK is relaxing. He DOES have counsel now. They are taking the position that NONE of this is criminal, it's all civil. His position is he never lied, never defrauded. Don't let him do this to us. Help prove to that detective what a rat bastard snitch Kevin Kulek is.

#194 9 years ago

All I can think after reading the latest pinball new is.... Like making pinballs, is like, hard.

#195 9 years ago

Its odd that we have to submit Date Of Birth?

#196 9 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

Its odd that we have to submit Date Of Birth?

Age of consent is 16 in Michigan....should the detective take an interest in you

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I have to make you find his phone number yourself. Detective Brent Benzing with the Midland County Sheriff. Only 5 people have reported today...WTF!?!

Make it 6.
Email sent to Detective Benzing. Now making it an international matter

#198 9 years ago

Now 7. Got all my stuff together and sent it in after speaking to him this morning.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Reposted here by request.

Rommy, you are the man. Respect, from a fellow Arkansan.

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Rommy, you are the man. Respect, from a fellow Arkansan.

true dat... respect from jersey as well... you'd fit in good here...

There are 226 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-predator-buyers-list/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.