Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Shadrac
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG20170916221404 (resized).jpg
IMG_1630 (resized).JPG

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

a correct title for this topic would be: "Attention Smart People: best Pro Stern Pins"

#52 1 year ago

I will admit that when I left the hobby, Pros and Premiums were just getting started and it turned me off. I got the impression the pros were worthless. But having played a few, I can say that some are way more than I expected. I'm glad that it didn't turn out as dire as I assumed.

#53 1 year ago

I don't understand the mindset that you have to spend $7 - $9,000 to get a "good game". I think that mindset is freaking nuts. I just can't see the value in the extra features. All of the pro games that I have played or owned are just as fun as the premium/LE counterparts. That said, my favorite pro games are:
Metallica Pro - Hate the hammer
TWD Pro - The left ramp shoots way better
GOT Pro - Plays better without the upper PF
Hope that helps. Screw the "Get what you pay for " types.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I don't understand the mindset that you have to spend $7 - $9,000 to get a "good game". I think that mindset is freaking nuts

It's the same mindset that says a $10,000 watch tells the time better than a $100 watch.

rd

#55 1 year ago

I seem to be big on pro models ,st,as,met,mustang own or have owned.

If I bought sw,got,twd, tron kiss,gb they would be pro's. Probably prefer the pro on X-Men as well.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Star Wars Pro plays just as good as the LE. You are only missing out on the hyperloop and it is not worth $2,000-3,000 by any means.

Star Wars Pro plays better than the LE, so far for me anyways....

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It's the same mindset that says a $10,000 watch tells the time better than a $100 watch.
rd

Lol, exactly.

#58 1 year ago

For me i think Tron, TWD, GOT, Aerosmith and ACDC Vault are all great pro machines.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

IMG_1630 (resized).JPG

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from jorant:

Star trek because of the lights? That's literally the only difference.

The STAR TREK Pro in missing most of the RGB LED's STERN Colored alot of the inserts like the combo RED and these are prone the insert ghosting . As the STAR TREK LE all inserts are clear to show off the RGB LED's and are not as prone to Ghosting .

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Avengers Pro is all there, you are just missing the crossover ramp which I do like. These are so cheap, it would be worth upgrading

Yes the Avengers LE has much more immersive. The LED GI lighting on the LE changes with every Character and mode making it interactive in a passive way but awesome way . The choice to use the crossover ramp is great. So I agree it is worth the upgrade to LE.
X-Men Pro missing the Nightcrawler Pop-UPs is a drag . But Pro is not bad .
LOTR Missing double x2 clear coat on playfield and brass trim. Pal chip/ shaker. Newer system. There is a workaround for shaker
Tron Pro Missing EL wire and a mode and music . But the Pro is OK If you don't spend $1,500.00 in mods
KISS Pro I like .
GOT pro I like . But not having Daenerys Targaryen on the PRO Back glass make me want the GOT LE.

#62 1 year ago

Star Wars LE is barely different then the pro and I have played plenty of both. The pro model is very bare and the LE has slightly more crap on it. But at least the LE does not slow the game down like the hammer on MET.

I enjoy the rules but I find the LCD on playfield to be useless and the middle ramp is too cluttered with so many shots in one spot. Two inland loops, a ramp and Tie Fighter shot all next to each other.

2 weeks later
#63 1 year ago

Here's my "pro" wall. Freaking love these machines!

IMG20170916221404 (resized).jpg

#64 1 year ago

I enjoy MUSTANG and STAR WARS? I hate both themes but the game play is fun, go figure.

#65 1 year ago

Just bought AC/DC Pro VE and I love it. I think that not having the mini-playfield is better.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from John-G:

Just bought AC/DC Pro VE and I love it. I think that not having the mini-playfield is better.

I have owned both and really like the Pro but the Premium is just a much better shooting machine. Although you are right that I don't love the lower playfield. That said I love AC/DC and all versions are great, enjoy the new machine!

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from John-G:

Same here, played both and preferred the Pro model which is what I ended up buying and enjoying for a while some time ago. Had nothing to do with cost, it just played faster and better, was an easy choice for me.

#68 1 year ago

If it's a comparison between Pro and Premium i don't know i never had a Premium.
But the bests Stern "Pro" pins are IM, TWD and LOTR, for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballBulbs
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 63.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rogers, AR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 92.00
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Janesville, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside