Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E6C67A74-F353-4964-B955-D0E2FEB8396B (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    microwaveoven_1 (resized).jpg
    17CF1200-0F2A-4172-9D8F-CA3C16003A71.jpeg
    There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

I can’t think of a better time to reveal/introduce your new pinball machine! With all of these cancellations (pervasive - not just sports, music, etc) - many more eyeballs available to grab their attention while people are home, working remotely - not traveling. Quite frankly folks will be looking to get their minds off of this virus and will look for an outlet to run to. This is the time!

JJP - GnR?
    Stern - TMNT?
    P3 - new game?

GO GO GO! ; )

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I can’t think of a better time to market/introduce your new pinball machine! With all of these cancellations (pervasive - not just sports, music, etc) - many more eyeballs available to grab their attention while people are home, working remotely - not traveling. Quite frankly folks will be looking to get their minds off of this virus and will look for an outlet to run to. This is the time!
    JJP - GnR?
    Stern - TMNT?
    P3 - new game?
    GO GO GO! ; )

People are already canceling sales and don’t want folks in their house. They’re not gonna wanna interact with anyone to get the game. Look at all the market ads that have been canceled with “relisting later”

#3 4 years ago

No, not a good idea. I have a feeling not a lot are buying NIB for several months. Let the companies have more time and do proper reveals in early Fall.
    The Hot Wheels blast was good and bad. The timing sure sucks for AP.

#4 4 years ago

Time is ripe for a manufacturer to introduce a uniform for playing pinball. Imagine suiting up and feeling confident you will be coming home as safe as you left - guaranteed. Only question is, who will be the first to come up with this industry saving medical device?

Maybe it won’t be a manufacturer, but rather a pinball mod company. Looking at modcouple, yelobird, modfather, pinstadiums or pinballlife to save the day. Could it be a podcaster with this bright idea - macho pinball podcast pinball podcast vlog show. Whomever it is, the market needs a shot in the arm. One suit to rule them all.
    17CF1200-0F2A-4172-9D8F-CA3C16003A71.jpeg17CF1200-0F2A-4172-9D8F-CA3C16003A71.jpeg

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

People are already canceling sales and don’t want folks in their house. They’re not gonna wanna interact with anyone to get the game. Look at all the market ads that have been canceled with “relisting later”

I’m talking about advertising the game. You know marketing? Nothing to do with interacting with people physically. Not talking about a trade show - those are cancelled.

Show the game while you have a rather concentrated market of folks looking for things to do. Buying can be done later once the game is built and ready to sell (month or so). This is all about getting your product shown to the biggest audience possible.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I’m talking about advertising the game. You know marketing? Nothing to do with interacting with people physically. Not talking about a trade show - those are cancelled.

Sounds like he is talking about used games. It seems obvious to me that you are talking about NEW unrevealed games that we were expecting to be at TPF and a few shows shortly there after. I say, bring on those new game announcements/reveals/streams.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Sounds like he is talking about used games. It seems obvious to me that you are talking about NEW unrevealed games that we were expecting to be at TPF and a few shows shortly there after. I say, bring on those new game announcements/reveals/streams.

Yes reveal of new pins. That's exactly right.

#8 4 years ago

I agree. There’s no point in waiting now.

#9 4 years ago

The entire economy shut down almost over night and everyone is thinking about how to protect themselves and their families. You think this is a good time to "launch product"? An unnecessary one at that?

#10 4 years ago

The latest in a long line of horrible ideas.

Now is the worst time to do anything. Nobody gives a shit about the next pinball machine right now. A full on happy talk sales campaign for a fucking toy with turtles on it would be offensive, obnoxious, and it would flop. Sales - and optics -at this time would be a disaster.

Not to mention supply chains are fucked right now and it’s only getting worse. Why announce a game you won’t be able to provide?

WAKE UP. Seriously. Pinball production lines will likely be ordered closed within a week or two and you are fantasizing about this nonsense?!

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

You think this is a good time to "launch product"? An unnecessary one at that?

Lol, obviously it’s still a good time to post on a pinball forum so why not?

#12 4 years ago

Doesn't really matter when/how your reveal your game. If you have a great theme and a good game it will sell itself. If you have hotwheels, it's an uphill battle regardless of your marketing efforts.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The latest in a long line of horrible ideas.
    Now is the worst time to do anything. Nobody gives a shit about the next pinball machine right now. A full on happy talk sales campaign for a fucking toy with turtles on it would be offensive, obnoxious, and it would flop. Sales - and optics -at this time would be a disaster.
    Not to mention supply chains are fucked right now and it’s only getting worse. Why announce a game you won’t be able to provide?
    WAKE UP. Seriously. Pinball production lines will likely be ordered closed within a week or two and you are fantasizing about this nonsense?!

I like when you respond to things! Yeah - let’s act like the world is coming to an end right Levi? I’m all about being aware of what’s going on but showing a “toy” that would only bring some GD optimism to this long list of media doom and gloom might not be a bad thing. We’re getting through this and ROARING back. Let’s start being a little more positive.

Production line consideration is a solid point but games like GnR and others that were rumored to be announced are already up and running. No one wants to introduce a game now that can’t be delivered within 3-6months max, 3 being ideal so that should already be backed in.

#14 4 years ago

Better idea...reveal more code updates on current games!! We’re stuck at home playing so give us some fresh content

#15 4 years ago

I’m SO SICK of people using “the media” as a punching bag when they are among the few who have been doing their jobs during this crisis.

The media are absolute heroes in all this - we’ve gotten nothing but lies and incompetence from the people in charge, and the without the media the virus would still be “a hoax” officially.

This isn’t the media’s fault, and without the media we’d be completely screwed. We can thank the media for the changes in public policy, which of course have come way too late.

The media fucking rules. People should be a little more appreciative for what they’ve done for us over the past several months.

As far as the rest of your stuff delt - yeah, I agree. We could all use some good news and happy thoughts. That doesn’t mean we need to pretend everything is normal; that’s just not an appropriate or responsible response.

Launching a pinball machine right now would be disastrous on so many levels. I know
    Deep Root is in huge trouble the longer they delay, but I simply cannot imagine they are gonna do their launch in two weeks.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m SO SICK of clowns using “the media” as a punching bag when they are among the few who have been doing their jobs during this crisis.
    The media are absolute heroes in all this - we’ve gotten nothing but lies and incompetence from the people in charge, and the without the media the virus would still be “a hoax” officially.
    This isn’t the media’s fault, and without the media we’d be completely screwed. We can thank the media for the changes in public policy, which of course have come way too late.
    The media fucking rules.
    As far as the rest of your stuff delt - yeah, I agree. We could all use some good news and happy thoughts. That doesn’t mean we need to pretend everything is normal; that’s just not an appropriate or responsible response.

I can’t tell if you’re serious or being sarcastic.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

I can’t tell if you’re serious or being sarcastic.

Then you aren’t too sharp.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Then you aren’t too bright.

Insulting someone’s intelligence over questioning an inflammatory post tells a lot about ones character.

#19 4 years ago

Insulting someone’s intelligence over questioning an inflammatory post tells a lot about ones character.

I can’t tell if you’re being serious or sarcastic.

#20 4 years ago

Movie companies are delaying films for months, some a year. They are afraid of poor attendance and the fact that theaters may close. We still know that the films are coming out. All the pinball companies getting there cards on the table could give people a place to put there cancelled vacation money into or give them an expectation of interest. It’s going to be a rough few months, might as well “Show me what you got”. The strong themes will float and the weak ones will sink.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m SO SICK of people using “the media” as a punching bag when they are among the few who have been doing their jobs during this crisis.
    The media fucking rules. People should be a little more appreciative for what they’ve done for us over the past several months.
    Launching a pinball machine right now would be disastrous on so many levels. I know
    Deep Root is in huge trouble the longer they delay, but I simply cannot imagine they are gonna do their launch in two weeks.

you need to change your tampon. MODS i will gladly accept being moderated for this! thanks

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can’t tell if you’re being serious or sarcastic.

Well, I guess you should abide by your first comment to me then. The unedited version of the one that was quoted, not the edited one you tried to slip in after the fact.

#23 4 years ago

Well, I guess you should abide by your first comment to me then. The unedited version of the one that was quoted, not the edited one you tried to slip in after the fact.

Fair enough. I abide by my first comment.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fake news media BLOWS. It's not normal but overblown HYPE and PANIC isn't good either.

Yeah, the media is disgusting and vile and does NOTHING to help the situation, nor can they.

LOL, now go back to your bunker Levi until its over in 30-60 days.

The public-private partnership announced yesterday was what was needed! Let's give credit to the media for putting that on television and reporting it.

You crack me up Levi.

#25 4 years ago

Lol iceman.

Loyal soldier to the end!

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lol iceman.
    Loyal soldier to the end!

That's your problem Levi, there is "no end" here despite the doomsday predictions! LOL

Watch it happen, normal people will get sick and tired of the hype and panic soon enough. Peak panic was hit last week.

Everybody needs to calm the F down, take a math class, and educate yourselves about the actual FACTUAL numbers and what they mean to you.

The "supply chains" are back to work in China. While Apple closed its doors like all the other penguins jumping into the water until March 27th, 100% or ALL of its China stores are OPEN FOR BUSINESS.

I think you need to stock up on some extra toilet paper Levi, lots of BS coming out brother!!!

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's all perspective isn't it.
    Yours is just 1

#28 4 years ago

Here is some other great news for you, the one thing the FAKE NEWS media can't do is actually make up and lie about the number of deaths.

51 in the US out of 2340 reported cases thus far. 37 come from the State of Washington, 19 from the nursing home. FACTS, FACTS, FACTS

80-85% of people that contract the virus don't need any medical attention and get over it. FACTS, FACTS

My parents are 81, they need to be concerned and i am for them. FACT

Meanwhile, stoking fear and panic and running around like a chicken with his head cut off is nuts.

#29 4 years ago

This went off the rails quickly!!

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

This went off the rails quickly!!

Proving now is NOT the time to reveal your new pin.

#31 4 years ago

BREAKING NEWS!!! Reporters have to get their temperature taken prior to the upcoming White house briefing.

And wouldn't you know it, one reporter had a FEVER. OMG, panic time, take the President down to the bunker.

Shut it down folks!!!! This should be funny, reporters talking about themselves all day in panic mode

#32 4 years ago

New pinball machines? No, I have already come to grips with reality. Our economy is on the downside of Phucked, discretionary spending is drying up, people are being hit by school closures, having to pay for unexpected child care expenses, people are getting laid off, not getting paid due to lack of work, and now is a great time to reveal a new, completely irrelevant, socially unacceptable, unnecessary expenditure plaything ? Really? Ok... then.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Proving now is NOT the time to reveal your new pin.

Why? Levi isn't gonna buy a NIB pin

Who cares when they announce a game or not. Maybe we should wait until March 27th when Apple reopens its stores, that should be the all clear for everybody!

AP needs to rebottle the Hot Wheels announcement. Wtf were they thinking!!!

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

BREAKING NEWS!!! Reporters have to get their temperature taken prior to the upcoming White house briefing.
    And wouldn't you know it, one reporter had a FEVER. OMG, panic time, take the President down to the bunker.
    Shut it down folks!!!! This should be funny, reporters talking about themselves all day in panic mode

orally or anally?

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

white house needs to start testing inside the hornets nest. Lots of viruses going on there. They should use a thermal scanning panel and have everyone walk by it to start the news conference. Put one at entrance to TPF and use it to deny entry. TPF could go on again.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

... to this long list of media doom and gloom might not be a bad thing.....

Or just don't watch the news/don't focus on social media.

I just stay focused on my job while I'm at work. (not saying you aren't)

And JJP making a game in 3-6 months after reveal???

Well, one can dream : ).

#37 4 years ago

More people died from flu type b this season. People need to chill out. We have been enjoying empty restaurants and trampoline parks and buying $49 southwest flights.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The media are absolute hero’s? Doing their “job” during this? Omg. Levi - I know you’re a sarcastic guy so I’ll assume that’s a bad joke.

Seriously though - cheer up. Things will get much better and if companies were smart, they would take advantage of all of the money being sidelined right now. Any one with financial sense knows this economy is slingshotting right back and in a big way.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

orally or anally?

It’s done via the forehead or temple, if they say they need to bend you over they are lying

#41 4 years ago

Let me give some of you panic purveyors some perspective.

30-60 day short term hit to the economy. Use some common sense if you have any and look back to prior such events and how the world and US actually survived.

This might be over some heads here but the bottom line is that the 3rd and 4th quarter GDP will rebound and be massive because why?

1). Federal reserve policy is a major positive. "Don't fight the Fed" as they say and rates will get cut again

2). Tax policy still a big positive due to the prior tax cuts and more money in people's pockets and small businesses.

3). Trade policy is as good as it gets with new deals with China, Mexico and Canada with India on the way.

4). Deregulatory policy is in full force, FDA and CDC barriers being lifted and old guidelines being changed rapidly.

5). Fiscal policy just landed with the President enacting the Stafford Act and access to 50 Billion along with a new bill from Congress getting signed on Monday.

These are always the 5 pillars of our economy.

Airlines and Travel industry will and have suffered a short term major hit. All that changes in 30-60 days.

The last 1/2 of the year will be a continuation of the massive growth we were experiencing because of the above.

UNLESS, somehow the virus magically morphs into killing millions of people. Place your bets accordingly and on FACTS

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

30-60 day short term hit to the economy. Use some common sense if you have any and look back to prior such events and how the world and US actually survived.
    This might be over some heads here but the bottom line is that the 3rd and 4th quarter GDP will rebound and be massive because why?
    1). Federal reserve policy is a major positive. "Don't fight the Fed" as they say and rates will get cut again
    2). Tax policy still a big positive due to the prior tax cuts and more money in people's pockets and small businesses.
    3). Trade policy is as good as it gets with new deals with China, Mexico and Canada with India on the way.
    4). Deregulatory policy is in full force, FDA and CDC barriers being lifted and old guidelines being changed rapidly.
    5). Fiscal policy just landed with the President enacting the Stafford Act and access to 50 Billion along with a new bill from Congress getting signed on Monday.
    Airlines and Travel industry will and have suffered a short term major hit. All that changes in 30-60 days.
    The last 1/2 of the year will be a continuation of the massive growth we were experiencing because of the above.
    UNLESS, somehow the virus magically morphs into killing millions of people. Place your bets accordingly and on FACTS

awesome stuff ^^^^

#43 4 years ago

Finally, please do you job FAKE NEWS hype and panic media.

CHINA cases are on a major decline, the country is going back to work, all Apple stores are OPEN. FACTS

Report that, because that is what is coming here soon in the next 30-60 days.

Common sense should tell you that 1.4 BILLION people in CHINA DID NOT DIE!!!

And yet only 5400 worldwide deaths.

Like i said people, take a freaking MATH class, and I know the media needs one

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

economy is slingshotting right back and in a big way.

I love your enthusiasm. Not sure exactly how it will play out, but the huge sell off in the stock market says otherwise. Roar back? No, it will crawl back but not any time soon. The sunk costs of this will be a negative thumb on the scale for at least a year, if not longer. Ask your investor friends what they are doing right now. Then report back. Mine told me to hunker down and put my money somewhere safe. Left, right, or middle, that’s not bad advise right now.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

These are always the 5 pillars of our economy.

THIS!

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

I love your enthusiasm. Not sure exactly how it will play out, but the huge sell off in the stock market says otherwise. Roar back? No, it will crawl back but not any time soon. The sunk costs of this will be a negative thumb on the scale for at least a year, if not longer. Ask your investor friends what they are doing right now. Then report back. Mine told me to hunker down and put my money somewhere safe. Left, right, or middle, that’s not bad advise right now.

Read the above Bubble or make a "reasoned argument" against it. You can't.

Since i manage 500 million dollars my "investment friends" aren't panicking and buying thursday and friday.

Just saying brother. How's that for a report back. And I'll be deploying more $$ on Monday into overblown beaten down stocks.

"Buy when others are fearful and there is blood in the streets", Warren Buffett

This is why individual investors on their own underperform by a huge margin because they trade on emotion, fear and greed.

The idea is BUY LOW and SELL HIGH. Not the other way around. FOMO and fear will kill you

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

More people died from flu type b this season. People need to chill out. We have been enjoying empty restaurants and trampoline parks and buying $49 southwest flights.

But typical flu fatality rate of 0.1% is much lower than the 2.5 - 4% rate we have been hearing from covid-19. That's 25 - 40x more deaths. It is very deadly and doing social separation now to get a handle on this very contagious virus is a smart move.

To put into perspective, the 2018 flu had 49m infections, 900k hospitalizations, and 80k deaths.
    If 49m get infected with covid-19, you are looking at 2M deaths. That is very significant.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

What do I get? Did someone say tax breaks? I was about to file with a small refund, but hey, how can I get more?

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

What do I get? Did someone say tax breaks? I was about to file with a small refund, but hey, how can I get more?

It is going to trickle down any day now...

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You aren’t getting more. You already got it and get it every day That’s a positive UNLESS something changes in Nov and taxes GO UP

More importantly small businesses like Stern all pin makers got a MAJOR tax rate benefit that continues which leads to more jobs!!!!

Lowest unemployment rate in history across EVERY race, gender etc. rising wages across all income levels but mostly the lower half. FACTS

FAKE NEWS agenda driven media won’t report that

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-pinball-companies-now-is-the-time-to-show-your-new-pins?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.