77 days ago

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 71 days ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E6C67A74-F353-4964-B955-D0E2FEB8396B (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    microwaveoven_1 (resized).jpg
    17CF1200-0F2A-4172-9D8F-CA3C16003A71.jpeg

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 76 days ago

Hey guys take this for what its worth from a person not living in the Excited States of America - The iceman is correct on the media in the USA- its not news anymore its ALL OPINION be it the LEFT OR RIGHT and is likely the worst on CNN = continuously negative news. The virus is a real threat to all of us, particularly the elderly and those with underlying health conditions. That being said, the hysteria and panic buying is completely nuts. We in north america have dependable supply chains and governments doing what needs to be done now, even if they were a little slow off the start. in putting travel restrictions in place and not adding to any new cases from the outside was good step albeit a liitle late so on that one they do get a fail. We ALL have to practice good hygiene, and a bit of social separation for a month or two until they can, as they say, flatten the curve. On the financial side there is a shit storm coming for awhile and hopefully it doesn't last long, maybe a couple of quarters = recession and we get the big bounce back. Time to stay at home as much as we can with our loved ones, be happy we live in great countries and play our pins until this all blows over

#102 76 days ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

flatten the curve.

Remember “flatten the curve” just delays the number of cases. It doesn’t reduce the number of infected it spreads them out over time so that hospitals can cope with the overload.

In my community of 300000 people. If the virus spreads through 30%-70% of folks. That’s conservatively ~100000 sick people. If 3% of them die form the illness that’s ~3000 deaths. Not an insignificant number, and easily enough people to overflow the already full hospitals. If that many patients come into the hospital in a short time, then the healthcare workers won’t be able to look after all the car crashes and regular emergencies they face.

People are going to die from this, many people, all over the world.

I just got off Skype with my best friend. He’s been teaching English in China for over a decade. He hasn’t worked in almost 2 months and doesn’t receive any assistance from China while unemployed. He’s not scared of the virus it’s so far just been an inconvenience to him.

But when China lifts its travel restrictions and people return to their daily lives, will the virus begin to spread again?

In North America we’re just in the first days. It’s going to get much worse before we see the light of day fully again.

#103 76 days ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

The entire economy shut down almost over night and everyone is thinking about how to protect themselves and their families. You think this is a good time to "launch product"? An unnecessary one at that?

My parents said that last night in Plymouth Massachusetts the waterfront was packed no parking. Everyone out eating and drinking. This virus will spread so fast because people are really that selfish.

As for pinball sales if I was a manufacturer I would release immediately. Economic nose dive for months ahead and slow recovery after.

#104 76 days ago

If the Media is Blowing up this National Emergency, was it also the Media Blowing up the Last National Emergency of an Invasion? Curious?

#105 76 days ago

JJP unknowingly orchestrated the best possible time to move their plant West.

#106 76 days ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If the Media is Blowing up this National Emergency, was it also the Media Blowing up the Last National Emergency of an Invasion? Curious?

No, obviously that Invasion was real. You saw those stricken, scared and starving women and children. That was a real threat! Saw it with my own eyes.

#107 76 days ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No, obviously that Invasion was real. You saw those stricken, scared and starving women and children. That was a real threat! Saw it with my own eyes.

Give it up,we just want people to come here legally

#108 76 days ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I can’t think of a better time to reveal/introduce your new pinball machine! With all of these cancellations (pervasive - not just sports, music, etc) - many more eyeballs available to grab their attention while people are home, working remotely - not traveling. Quite frankly folks will be looking to get their minds off of this virus and will look for an outlet to run to. This is the time!
    JJP - GnR?
    Stern - TMNT?
    P3 - new game?
    GO GO GO! ; )

We're headed into a recession most likely. Perfect time to release games? Not so much.

It will be hard to any manufacturer to sell games I think.

#109 76 days ago
    Quoted from Halfwasted:

We're headed into a recession most likely. Perfect time to release games? Not so much.
    It will be hard to any manufacturer to sell games I think.

I wouldn't bet on that just yet. Yea the market has been hammered but we are still seeing days where its bouncing back in huge numbers. This will likely continue to happen for a while until things stabilize. Hell just 2 weeks ago a great jobs report was released and unemployment was, and still is, at record lows. Once things stabilize I wouldn't be surprised if the market goes back up and the dow passes 30k sometime next year.

#110 76 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Once things stabilize I wouldn't be surprised if the market goes back up and the dow passes 30k sometime next year.

Love your optimism. But the lost wages and increased debt this burden places on the economy will hit just too many people and all the tax breaks they want to give to help everyone out will do nothing but skyrocket the deficit. Tell me more about how a massive bloom of the deficit in the past has helped our economy? History tells a way different story, so I am not holding my breath waiting for this economic fantasy of a quick recovery. Just how I see this playing out... your opinion of course may differ, and that's fine.

#111 76 days ago

I hope Iceman is right about this all turning around in 30-60 days.

Our hotel had had all groups cancel for the next three months.

Zero work to be had. Zero.

#112 76 days ago

All I can add is I feel the markets are going to go boom on Monday. Since we can't ride the rollercoasters at Disneyland or Magic Mountain, might as well let that one entertain us.

#113 76 days ago

Back to the original post. Why would anyone try to push a new product now. No one has posted on the stern speculation thread in 6 days. No one has bitched about the pooling and chipping of playfields on that thread. Peoples minds are elsewhere. If you're not worried about the virus you're worried about your livelihood.

#114 76 days ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

I hope Iceman is right about this all turning around in 30-60 days.

Iceman has been right about precisely NOTHING related to this crisis so don't see why you'd even consider he'll be right about this.

#115 76 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Iceman has been right about precisely NOTHING related to this crisis so don't see why you'd even consider he'll be right about this.

Oh Iceman, we look to thee for guidance!

WWID?

#116 76 days ago
    Quoted from underlord:

How’re things in NY Levi? Up here in NH we’ve always been spaced apart and independent, so it’s just more of the same here for the time being...
    Hoping you folks are hanging tight!

Thanks for asking!

They are fine. We are just hunkering down. It's like a snow day except it feels like it will last for months.

The restaurants, bars, and movie theaters are still opened but I think that can and will change within 48 hours.

It's quiet out during the day but not Walking Dead quiet. Ive been for some walks and biked through Times Square yesterday. Many restaurants - the ones that depend on theater traffic, like Sardis - are closed. The bowling alley, disgustingly enough, on 44th street wasn't closed. But the clerk at the desk looked pretty bored.

Have not noticed the same crazy issues with hoarding and run on stores that people in the burbs and country are reporting. I have stocked up on groceries but that's mostly because I'm not eating out any more. If I had somewhere else to go, I'd probably go there. Have friends who are heading to the Hamptons or their house in Vermont. My gf and I are just getting used to working from home, cooking every day and night, etc.

It's not a horror movie but it's eerie all the same. Just trying to do my part by taking this over seriously and over-reacting. I do not see the downside to this.

#117 76 days ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

You can garner information from ALL sources, but you should not put your Trust in any one of them.
    Listen to them all, read them all, be as informed as you possibly can and then make your own decisions. Don't rely on any one segment of the Media to do that for you. You are as much a product as you are a viewer. Know that.

So we agree then?

The media are doing their jobs, and a FANTASTIC job at that. Without them, the official line would STILL be the same as a week ago - that this is a "hoax" and "no big deal" and it's getting better every day and everything is awesome. You know, like if Ice were in charge.

The media - along with retail workers and medical workers - are the big heroes in all of this, contrasting with the zeros who have provided us with nothing but lies, happy talk, and dangerously irresponsible rhetoric the past few months.

The fact that we are FINALLY responding - albiet embarrassingly belatedly - is all thanks to the media. We owe them a debt of gratitude. Scary to think where we'd be right now without their hard work.

#118 75 days ago

People cope with stressful situations in different ways. Some people will offer help and optimism and some will lash out, insult and minimize what is happening. The fake news crowd is a broken record that keeps blathering the same vitriol.

#119 75 days ago
    Quoted from vex:

People cope with stressful situations in different ways.

Funny. as I feel less stress than I have in a long time.

#120 75 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Funny. as I feel less stress than I have in a long time.

Well odin i was referring to people that are stressed but thanks for chiming in. Enjoy your day!

#121 75 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...Have not noticed the same crazy issues with hoarding and run on stores that people in the burbs and country are reporting...

Just got back from Walmart. Wasn't too busy, but did score some TP. Can't believe the number of people buying bottled water. Last time I checked, my faucets were working just fine. Not sure why people are buying so much perishables...they are going to be bad in a week or two if you can't freeze. Cold and flu isle pretty much picked over too, which sucks because of my sinus issues.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#122 75 days ago

As always I am amused, bewildered, concerned and informed by the plethora of locations and opinions on here. Thank you all Ladies and Gentlemen for your time posting to the rest of us.

Levi, I’ve never met you but your candor is refreshing and your insight powerful.

Iceman, you are, as always a person of strong opinion and stronger friendship, again, we will meet someday.

As I have not seen the kind of situation I’ve been experiencing since I was a kid, this is just a refresher course for me. The stockpiles and job may run dry, And then it’s time to hit the road again, older and wiser.

Luckily my kids are grown up now and we will see where we all end up in the future.

It was never ‘just pinball’ with you guys and I thank you.

#123 75 days ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Are you okay man...?

#124 75 days ago
    Quoted from underlord:

As always I am amused, bewildered, concerned and informed by the plethora of locations and opinions on here. Thank you all Ladies and Gentlemen for your time posting to the rest of us.
    Levi, I’ve never met you but your candor is refreshing and your insight powerful.
    Iceman, you are, as always a person of strong opinion and stronger friendship, again, we will meet someday.
    As I have not seen the kind of situation I’ve been experiencing since I was a kid, this is just a refresher course for me. The stockpiles and job may run dry, And then it’s time to hit the road again, older and wiser.
    Luckily my kids are grown up now and we will see where we all end up in the future.

You too!

Let’s face it. Cooped up home I’m bored AF. Been good to have this place to hash this stuff out!

Continuing to hunker down:

E6C67A74-F353-4964-B955-D0E2FEB8396B (resized).jpeg
    #125 75 days ago

I'm just glad I'm all stocked up now, the weather is nice, and I'll never run out of things to do around the house. I'll think I'll tear into my Rocket as soon as real boredom strikes. Gotta level some inserts and give it the whole treatment. Could be tomorrow.

Waiting to hear back from the boss if doing smog tests is really that important right now. If he says yes, then I have a decision to make by Tuesday. I told him he shouldn't risk it taking it home to his kids especially his daughter still recovering from West Nile after two years. That poor girl has been thru hell.

#126 75 days ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Are you okay man...?

Yeah. I’m good. Some aren’t as lucky. Guess I’m worried about them. Those I know and those I don’t.

#127 75 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You too!
    Let’s face it. Cooped up home I’m bored AF. Been good to have this place to hash this stuff out!
    Continuing to hunker down:[quoted image]

Where did you have time to write a hand written letter with all this Pinside posting?

#128 75 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You too!
    Continuing to hunker down:[quoted image]

Did the girlfriend write up that menu?

#129 74 days ago

Lol yeah that’s not my menu! And my handwriting is even worse.

#130 74 days ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Here is some other great news for you, the one thing the FAKE NEWS media can't do is actually make up and lie about the number of deaths.
    51 in the US out of 2340 reported cases thus far. 37 come from the State of Washington, 19 from the nursing home. FACTS, FACTS, FACTS
    80-85% of people that contract the virus don't need any medical attention and get over it. FACTS, FACTS
    My parents are 81, they need to be concerned and i am for them. FACT
    Meanwhile, stoking fear and panic and running around like a chicken with his head cut off is nuts.

18 died today, Brainiac!

#131 74 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lol yeah that’s not my menu! And my handwriting is even worse.

That chick's a keeper dude

#132 74 days ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

18 died today, Brainiac!

Italy had 368 in 24 hours...nothing to see here!

#133 74 days ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Our hotel had had all groups cancel for the next three months.
    Zero work to be had. Zero.

My wedding was on Saturday, and 30 minutes into it the state put out a ban on groups of 100 or more. If my wedding had been a day later it wouldn't have happened.

The venue has told me I was their last wedding for the foreseeable future. All upcoming couples have either cancelled or are rescheduling. The officiant also told me the same thing.

#134 74 days ago

So any reveals? Sounds like a bust

#135 71 days ago

Sorry if someone’s already answered and I missed it, is Stern still manufacturing or have all businesses had to close state side?

#136 71 days ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Sorry if someone’s already answered and I missed it, is Stern still manufacturing or have all businesses had to close state side?

I haven't heard of any one company closing. American Pinball posted pictures of Hot Wheels on their line very recently. Chicago Gaming is waiting on parts to get the MMR Royals out the door. Jersey Jack Pinball is in the middle of moving. Stern is active on Facebook. Multi Morphic released beta code. Spooky is active on Facebook.

So things may have slowed down. I haven't heard of anyone closed yet.

LTG : )

#137 71 days ago

With operators now closed due to recent government actions, I can see that really impacting the decisions made by these companies as it impacts their customer base. Likelihood of reveals significantly drops as a result.

#138 71 days ago
    Quoted from delt31:

With operators now closed due to recent government actions, I can see that really impacting the decisions made by these companies as it impacts their customer base. Likelihood of reveals significantly drops as a result.

Could have far reaching effects. Take time to get rolling again.

Best wishes everyone !

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 2.50
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Medisinyl Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 254.99
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 2.50
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Other
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.50
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 139.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside