(Topic ID: 222744)

Attention: New or unverified Pinside member!

By paintpins

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Phat_Jay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I've been selling parts for almost 2 years through Pinside as well as other online outlets. I also restore pin cabs and between the 2 I've shipped backglasses to Belize and sent restored cabinets 2 at a time cross country without any major hassles. Last week for the first time I received a parts inquiry from a Pinsider I haven't dealt with along with the following preface from Pinside:

ATTENTION: NEW OR UNVERIFIED PINSIDE MEMBER!
    Please note that this message was sent to you by an unverified Pinside member (registered 72 days ago). This does not have to mean anything, but we would like to remind you to always be careful when buying or selling online! If in doubt, please check with Pinside staff before dealing with anyone who you don't know personally!

Long story short after messaging back and forth regarding the details involved in their purchase, they bailed at the last second. Now I understand I'm not going to sell to everyone that asks and I have to answer questions without expectations, it's part of it. That said here is the last few messages:
    Message #6 of 8 5 days ago
    Thanks paintpins. So this is the 3-chime unit Gottlieb used, be glad to send payment in your preferred form of currency, I like US Postal Money Orders but let me know as well as an address. I am trying to capture the sound of a Gottlieb Out of Sight I had and put it in a Williams if that helps, I believe Gottlieb used the same units throughout the early Seventies till the end of the EM period.
    Message #7 of 8 11 hours ago

yes, this is the typical 70's Gottlieb chime unit. I prefer paypal but a POSTAL money order is OK. Once it gets here I'll take the package and the money order to the post office, cash it and use it to pay postage as well. Paypal friends and family ships within 24 hrs. mailing address is _____________ Middlesex NJ 08846 Paypal address is ________________
    Message #8 of 8 5 hours ago

I found one. Thanks

ANNNND he's outta here!

Ah...ok. So anyway, later the same day I received another parts inquiry asking about a variety of fairly hard to find pieces that would require a good number of pictures and opens up the possibility of a variety of bundling options and as a result different pricing tiers. This new inquiry ALSO came with the same Pinside "alert". So my question is, has anyone experienced a sudden spike in interest from members that carry this Alert? I don't want to suddenly become prejudice against people just starting out here but so far I'm batting 1000 with folks sporting the alert and this new inquiry, although it MAY result in a substantial sale, if it does not, it will be a substantial waste of time. FYI: I replied to the newest request explaining my position and told them I would need either a recommendation from someone I know or at least know of, or a retainer which would be applied toward purchase or returned in the event of no purchase. Am I over thinking it?

#2 2 years ago

A lot of scams going around. Be careful of postal money orders as well. They like to buy them for a dollar, and change the amounts. So they have a “real” money order that has a fake amount.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 40.00
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    $ 7,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 199.95
    Cabinet - Toppers
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 289.00
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 25.00
    Hardware
    Police Force Spinner Out of stock
    Tucson Pinball
    $ 310.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Merf's Pins
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D Tech. Pinball Parts
    $ 55.00
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 25.00
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 51.45
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 14.00
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside