Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 265 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Stempile
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scam pinside_PM (resized).png
    20200821_102614 (resized).jpg
    B804B00C-CE86-4FE6-B906-EF35297610B2 (resized).jpeg
    64AFBECC-F839-405A-9A53-CC0E50248309 (resized).jpeg
    9A37FC2D-7CAF-4DF7-BD2B-BCB1FE4B5686 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    CEB9DF01-544C-4DA0-99E9-B8CA00B20C29 (resized).png
    E940DF92-36E9-494B-BF6E-1E25736AE7E8 (resized).png
    C92E3DFF-697F-4AA7-84A4-E51E237547E7 (resized).png
    pinside funhouse (resized).JPG
    checks (resized).jpg
    received_117790533544099 (resized).jpeg
    received_1095541407552705 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20210120-070856_Facebook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Moderator comment on "scammy sites" axmpinballmachines Posted by ForceFlow (3 years ago)

Post #127 New Site Feature - Address Verification Posted by robin (3 years ago)

Post #201 Guide on identifying scam game seller websites Posted by ForceFlow (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#132 3 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Awesome, Robin.
    What do we do if we've moved?

Quoted from wtatumjr:

I moved to Corolla NC but my verified address shows my old location. How can I change?

Quoted from northerndude:

I’m in the same boat. My verified address isn’t my address

Robin posted this after I contacted him about this issue. He will manually fix it, I’m sure he’ll add a feature to update the address soon. Right now it just proves you’re real

2 weeks later
    #140 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crans:

Recently a gentleman posted in FB that somone duped them out of 5k and a pinball machine. Getting all the details shows it was a scam and buyer got taken for a ride.
    Don't trust a Facebook store as anyone can set them up. Glaring details might not be obvious when your excited about your purchase, as time progresses they will probably find the faults and make it less likely to detect.
    PayPal funding for any large purchase should be put on a real CC and not your bank account / ATM, you can even use a real CC as source for friends and family transactions and even venmo.
    Good luck fellow collectors and buy safe.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy shit he really paid with bitcoin? That’s ridiculous. How do people get duped so badly??
    The second someone is asking for bitcoin they better have overwhelming proof to be genuine and have a lot of reputation and good REASON to accept Bitcoin.
    If I wasn’t a die-hard HODLer I’d probably pay Pinside with BTC.

Topic related:
    AUTO-SAVED DRAFTS
    GOD BLESS YOU ROBIN THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I have been typing things many times on mobile, left the tab to search information and came back only to have my Pinside Tab reload automatically and delete my reply. It was KILLING ME. Paragraphs and paragraphs GONE.

This is truly my favorite update of all time right now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-don-t-get-scammed?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.