3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201212_124756_1.gif
#1 3 years ago

Shopping out a Checkpoint for a friend and would like to convert it to LEDs. Looking for recommendations on kits or a map of what you've done. Really don't have the time to design my own plan. Thanks in advance.

Steve

#2 3 years ago

Still tuning mine but so far..

All flashers under playfield are 8SMD Comet. Blue under BLS, red under release and race, green under checkpoint, any others white.

Flashers on playfield are mix of 5 SMD tower and 8SMD

Blue clear dome 1SMD 5050 under Blue Light Special locations.

Green frosted dome 1SMD 5050 at LAP upper lanes and other green inserts.

The flags in front of ramp have 4SMD lamps.

All the rest are either 1SMD clear or frosted for inserts, Sunlight. The GI is Clear or Frosted Warm White.

The backbox GI is a Comet RETRO bulb which is dimmer than the normal 1SMD.

If you want a specific breakdown of what you need ("x" number of 555) can't really help. I keep LED's here in bulk and just pull from the case as needed.

20201212_124756_1.gif20201212_124756_1.gif
#3 3 years ago

Pinheads on this forum from all over the world and the first to respond is 30 minutes away from me . Appreciate the suggestions, but was hoping for a list I could order or a kit that looks nice. Fun pin to play. Middle drop target area is beat up. Might need to fill it in with epoxy and drill new holes. That plastic is also missing. Didn't see any replacements online.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-checkpoint-owners-led-recommendation-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.