Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Drewscruis
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is the new and "improved" Butterfinger good?”

• No way! 22 votes
      59%
    • Yes, but it's not as good as the original. 6 votes
      16%
    • Yes, and it's beter than the original. 9 votes
      24%

(37 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oddworld-hd-wallpapers-33457-7537497 (resized).jpg
    butterfingers.pdf (PDF preview)
    20190510_014155 (resized).jpg
    20190425_073339 (resized).jpg
    56A13EDE-CED7-4AFE-ABE2-A60373667F04 (resized).png

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

I know this is a ridiculous thing to discuss, but has anyone tried the new and "improved" formula yet? Nestle sold the candybar rights to Ferrero-Rochette (spelling?) and the new version is absolutely awful. I encourage those of you who love Butterfingers to go out, find all of the original Nestle bars you can, and store them for the future. I found a 36-bar case at a local Dollar Store on clearance and I'm hoping that the original, better formula makes a return before I run out.

I'll never understand why iconic, significantly popular things like this are ever changed.

#2 4 years ago

Looks like a trip to sams club.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I know this is a ridiculous thing to discuss, but has anyone tried the new and "improved" formula yet? Nestle sold the candybar rights to Ferrero-Rochette (spelling?) and the new version is absolutely awful. I encourage those of you who love Butterfingers to go out, find all of the original Nestle bars you can, and store them for the future. I found a 36-bar case at a local Dollar Store on clearance and I'm hoping that the original, better formula makes a return before I run out.
    I'll never understand why iconic, significantly popular things like this are ever changed.

The answer is always money. They probably found a way to save .002c on every bar by switiching to a new formula, or the old formula had too many natural ingrediants that are too expensive to source these days. Probably added a bit more plastic and oil in place of real cocoa too :/

#4 4 years ago

I have a Butterfinger Story.... Went to a 7/11 when I was about..... oh 12. Bought a Butterfinger, (this was when candy bars had paper wrappers) stepped out of the store and took a bite... swallowed and thought this thing tastes a little funny. Looked down at the candy bar and it had these little bugs all over it. So I went back in the store, picked another Butterfinger and went to the counter. I asked the lady there... hey mam can I get another one these please? She said sure why? I just showed her the Butterfinger with the bugs... and I thought she was going to pass out right there! She said "just take it and go!"

#5 4 years ago

This is new? I swear I had a "New and improved" one a few months ago. Was terrible. I won't get one again unless it changes back.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

I have a Butterfinger Story.... Went to a 7/11 when I was about..... oh 12. Bought a Butterfinger, (this was when candy bars had paper wrappers) stepped out of the store and took a bite... swallowed and thought this thing tastes a little funny. Looked down at the candy bar and it had these little bugs all over it. So I went back in the store, picked another Butterfinger and went to the counter. I asked the lady there... hey mam can get another one these please? She said sure why? I just showed her the Butterfinger with the bugs... and I thought she was going to pass out right there! She said "just take it and go!"

That's disgusting indeed. No bug better lay a finger on my Butterfinger.

#7 4 years ago

Maybe it's just a ploy, like new coke? Make it nasty on purpose so they bring back the good stuff.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

I have a Butterfinger Story.... Went to a 7/11 when I was about..... oh 12. Bought a Butterfinger, (this was when candy bars had paper wrappers) stepped out of the store and took a bite... swallowed and thought this thing tastes a little funny. Looked down at the candy bar and it had these little bugs all over it. So I went back in the store, picked another Butterfinger and went to the counter. I asked the lady there... hey mam can I get another one these please? She said sure why? I just showed her the Butterfinger with the bugs... and I thought she was going to pass out right there! She said "just take it and go!"

Next time, put those bugs in the palm of your hand and whisper, “Spit it out, you bastards.”

#9 4 years ago

I didn't think the new version was bad. I don't know if it's improved, but not noticably worse. Maybe just like stern they'll get better with time. Send me your new ones cheap

#10 4 years ago

Wasn’t a fan of the original butterfinger bar but Bart Simpson was definitely a perfect choice to push the product!

#11 4 years ago

Does it still plaster itself to your teeth?

#12 4 years ago

I just ate one today... gross!

#13 4 years ago

Since a bunch of you have eaten the new ones I assume they sold the rights awhile ago? And are there any of the original recipe inventory still being sold?

#14 4 years ago

Yeah tastes like burnt peanut butter to me

#15 4 years ago

It no longer sticks to your teeth or gums (bummer), and it's like a salty peanut butter layer over a less crunchy center...not nearly as sweet. All of the Nestle ones in our area are essentially gone. All of the Nestle ones were sold on clearance from all of the places that carried them and I was a bit late to the party...damn.

#16 4 years ago

I had one of the new ones the other day. It was terrible.

#17 4 years ago

And what did you think?

#18 4 years ago

4. Butterfinger... blech (shudder) [x]
    hahaha

#19 4 years ago

Wish I could get away with eating a butterfinger everyday like when I was younger. If I bought a case of the old recipe it wouldn’t last very long.

#20 4 years ago

All of the name brand American candy has gone to hell in the last 30 years with the corn syrup and soy fillers. Tried a Hershey bar lately? It’s garbage. I am more bitter about this fact than many more important issues that I should be outraged about. I recently spent time in Mexico and, like Mexican Coke, all their name brand candy is made with real ingredients and is so much better than what you get here. Sad, sad times.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

All of the name brand American candy has gone to hell in the last 30 years with the corn syrup and soy fillers. Tried a Hershey bar lately? It’s garbage. I am more bitter about this fact than many more important issues that I should be outraged about. I recently spent time in Mexico and, like Mexican Coke, all their name brand candy is made with real ingredients and is so much better than what you get here. Sad, sad times.

So the question is, are there any candy companies out there that still adhere to their original recipe and production processes? Whether it be a major or boutique brand

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

in the last 30 years with the corn syrup and soy fillers. Tried a Hershey bar lately? It’s garbage. I am more bitter about this fact than many more important issues that I should be outraged about. I recently spent time in Mexico and, like Mexican Coke, all their name brand candy is made with real ingredients and is so much
    better than what you get here. Sad, sad times.

And the sad part is that Hershey makes candy in Mexico.

#23 4 years ago

I agree that Hershey's chocolate isn't as good as it used to be. At least they're still not screwing up Reese's PB cups, because then there would be a major crisis.

#24 4 years ago

That could be a sign of the apocalypse coming if that happened

#25 4 years ago

What sucks is you can’t really stockpile them, old butterfingers lose their crunch and get dense.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Why would Nestle sell what I assume is a fairly popular candy brand? They make butterfinger everything.

#26 4 years ago

I believe they sold Baby Ruth too but I think that recipe is not being changed. I think they changed the Butterfinger recipe specifically because of how it stuck to your teeth like glue, but damnit, that's part of the experience.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

What sucks is you can’t really stockpile them, old butterfingers lose their crunch and get dense.
    Enjoy it while it lasts.
    Why would Nestle sell what I assume is a fairly popular candy brand? They make butterfinger everything.

Money. Terms of the sale were not disclosed.
    Nestle makes a shitload of money on various bottled water. Much easier to produce & distribute. No need for refrigerated trailers, NO critical expiration dates etc.

#28 4 years ago

I haven’t tried one yet. PLEASE TELL ME ITS NOT SO...!!

#29 4 years ago

Oh, it is so...it is nothing like the ones those of us who like Butterfingers grew to love.

#30 4 years ago

Butterfinger was by far my favorite candy bar ever. I was so bummed when I saw the new improved one at the store 2 months ago. I gave it a chance, but its no Butterfinger. It sucks, well its not terrible, but it has a more peanut butter taste, I want that old unique flavor back.

#31 4 years ago

Out of curiosity, who’s making this “improved” claim?

#32 4 years ago

It's the advertising campaign. Says it on the wrapper and in the commercial.

Quoted from JayDee:

Out of curiosity, who’s making this “improved” claim?

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDoctor82:

It's the advertising campaign. Says it on the wrapper and in the commercial.

unreal!

#34 4 years ago
    56A13EDE-CED7-4AFE-ABE2-A60373667F04 (resized).png56A13EDE-CED7-4AFE-ABE2-A60373667F04 (resized).png
    #35 4 years ago

Scoot, you're currently my hero for both the great meme and the awesome Aliens avatar.

#36 4 years ago

I remember when Curtiss Candy of Chicago, the inventor of Butterfinger, sold out to Nestle. Looks like the rotating Baby Ruth and Butterfinger sign along the Tri-State Tollway is no more.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

So the question is, are there any candy companies out there that still adhere to their original recipe and production processes? Whether it be a major or boutique brand

Check out "Milka", made in Germany, some of the best chocolate I've had. Every year I gain a couple pounds from it lol. More expensive than the big name brands but the quality is worth it.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/2596583011

I usually order this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Best-Milka-Chocolate-Alpine/dp/B00O6XYR1K

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Scoot:

[quoted image]

"Because you piss me off, that's why!"

#39 4 years ago

I guess there is still 5th Avenue candy bars if you can find them.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Check out "Milka", made in Germany, some of the best chocolate I've had. Every year I gain a couple pounds from it lol. More expensive than the big name brands but the quality is worth it.
    amazon.com link »
    I usually order this one.
    amazon.com link »

I first had the opportunity to enjoy Milka milk chocolate when my sister in-law’s parents brought me some from France. Milka milk chocolate is like a better version of nestle chocolate for europeans. Americans get stuck with nestle’s cheaper version that they use for things like nestle crunch (probably a much lower amount if cocoa).

1 week later
    #41 4 years ago

I found a 7-11 by me that has a few of the old ones left... excuse me.. they HAD a few left till I bought em all lol

#42 4 years ago

I have a case of 36 bars that I'm going to be sad to open, but it's happening soon...

#43 4 years ago

Try a Clark bar.

You’ll change your mind about Butterfinger quick.

5th Avenue also works.

#44 4 years ago

I have had and enjoy 5th Avenues a lot...but Butterfingers are pretty delicious in their own way.

#45 4 years ago

Are there large stores that sell Clark bars?

#46 4 years ago

Anyone remember "New Coke" circa 1985...

#47 4 years ago

New Butterfinger sucks.. I tried 1 a few months ago and will never buy 1 again.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skidave:

Anyone remember "New Coke" circa 1985...

I was 2-3 years old depending on the time, so no, but I've heard all about it!

#49 4 years ago

Along those same lines,I used to really like "Squirt" but when they changed the recipe ,bottle,and canned it,YUK!!!!

#50 4 years ago

Yeah,new coke,they made it taste just like Pepsi,YUK

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-butterfinger-fans?hl=skidave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.