Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Drewscruis
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is the new and "improved" Butterfinger good?”

• No way! 22 votes
      59%
    • Yes, but it's not as good as the original. 6 votes
      16%
    • Yes, and it's beter than the original. 9 votes
      24%

(37 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oddworld-hd-wallpapers-33457-7537497 (resized).jpg
    butterfingers.pdf (PDF preview)
    20190510_014155 (resized).jpg
    20190425_073339 (resized).jpg
    56A13EDE-CED7-4AFE-ABE2-A60373667F04 (resized).png
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Are there large stores that sell Clark bars?

Somewhat hard to find.

Walmart sells 5th Avenue. It’s like a poor man’s Clark bar.

#52 4 years ago

I remember when 5th Avenue bars used to have an almond on each end. Those were great.

#53 4 years ago

Irony...

I was just watching Seinfeld and the episode where George has the big Gortex coat was on. Kramer pretty much dupes him into buying a Clark bar...I guess I need to try one sometime.

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from Drewscruis:

New Butterfinger sucks.. I tried 1 a few months ago and will never buy 1 again.

Ditto!

Anyone find a link to leave feedback?

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

All of the name brand American candy has gone to hell in the last 30 years with the corn syrup and soy fillers. Tried a Hershey bar lately? It’s garbage. I am more bitter about this fact than many more important issues that I should be outraged about. I recently spent time in Mexico and, like Mexican Coke, all their name brand candy is made with real ingredients and is so much better than what you get here. Sad, sad times.

Here in Canada I just noticed the Mexican coke (with real sugar) is available in a few stores. I don't know if it's part of a temporary promotion, but it was really expensive. A case of 6 bottles for about $5.50 before tax and deposit. It was at Sobeys.

Coke did another money grab in the disguise of 'healthy choices' by reducing the 591ml size plastic bottle to 500ml, but the price is still the same. I wrote them to complain about it and the reply said that customers were demanding smaller serving sizes as part of a healthier lifestyle.

Also to note, KFC started cutting the better pieces of chicken like breasts and ribs in half and still calling 1/2 a full piece. You can see the ridiculous explanation on their website saying you are still getting the same value as before. https://www.kfc.ca/differentpieces

I wish I could work a half day and tell my bosses they are still getting full value of a complete work day from me, just in shorter time frame - for the same price of course!

Rob

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from Scoot:

I remember when 5th Avenue bars used to have an almond on each end. Those were great.

I thought they were pecans......

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

And the sad part is that Hershey makes candy in Mexico.

Hershey still makes plenty of
    Product in PA and other states in the US. Check the bag.

#58 4 years ago

I have learned alot of good information from this website, but this definitely ranks up there. Mexican coke is way better. Something about the taste of the real sugar with the glass bottle. So with this new info I will be going to the local wholesale store for a few cases of butterfingers. I might have to sell my Theatre Stoner candy machine if I can't get any more of the "real thing". Odd side note. I have celiac disease. I can eat butterfingers and peanut butter cups. But the new combined candy bar isnt gluten free, even though the originals are.

20190425_073339 (resized).jpg20190425_073339 (resized).jpg20190510_014155 (resized).jpg20190510_014155 (resized).jpg
    #59 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Check out "Milka", made in Germany, some of the best chocolate I've had. Every year I gain a couple pounds from it lol. More expensive than the big name brands but the quality is worth it.
    amazon.com link »
    I usually order this one.
    amazon.com link »

It's still cheap ass chocolate with sugar being the main ingredient.

#60 4 years ago

How can you change a candy bar like butterfinger? I was at the grocery store and checked all the shelves. Sure enough, all of them were the "improved" recipe. Lame. Guess I shouldn't knock it until I try it but almost sacrilegious changing something that old.

#61 4 years ago

I used to love Butterfinger, guess I'm not going to try the "new" better Butterfinger.

#62 4 years ago

Anheuser-Busch did similar thing to Rolling Rock beer. Bought it and the moved production to New Jersey. I stopped buying it just on the principle of them moving it, when the paragraph on the bottle says “brewed in the glass lined tanks in old Latrobe”. A couple of years ago, I bought a six-pack for old times sake....it tasted skunked. Figured I just got a bad six pack. A couple of months later, bought another six pack. Also tasted nothing like a Rolling Rock and determined that this is what Rolling Rock now tastes like using New Jersey scum water. Never buy again.

Too many corporate spreadsheet warriors making boardroom decisions these days. Ruining products and quality of life in America.

#63 4 years ago

This thread is why I can't quit Pinside.

#64 4 years ago

I scoff at those who bought a 36-bar case of butterfingers, hoping to stave off the apocalypse, when I chose to invest in 6 bulk cases. There that should last awhile, and yes, they confirmed it was the original formula. Nobody better lay a hand on my butterfingers!

butterfingers.pdfbutterfingers.pdf

#65 4 years ago
    oddworld-hd-wallpapers-33457-7537497 (resized).jpgoddworld-hd-wallpapers-33457-7537497 (resized).jpg
    #66 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It's still cheap ass chocolate with sugar being the main ingredient.

Please give us some examples of milk chocolate that you like better than Milka, please.

I know that I do prefer milk chocolate to be creamy and sweet. I recently had some from Aldi grocery store that was probably from your region of Europe and I did not feel it was sweet enough. It left me feeling unsatisfied as if I could not ever get the feeling that I had eaten enough despite eating way more than I should have.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Please give us some examples of milk chocolate that you like better than Milka, please.
    I know that I do prefer milk chocolate to be creamy and sweet. I recently had some from Aldi grocery store that was probably from your region of Europe and I did not feel it was sweet enough. It left me feeling unsatisfied as if I could not ever get the feeling that I had eaten enough despite eating way more than I should have.

You give chocolate an awful lot of thought.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I have eaten a lot of it in my life.

#69 4 years ago

Canada had some great candy bars that you couldn't get in Mi. but I haven't been there in a while .

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I scoff at those who bought a 36-bar case of butterfingers, hoping to stave off the apocalypse, when I chose to invest in 6 bulk cases. There that should last awhile, and yes, they confirmed it was the original formula. Nobody better lay a hand on my butterfingers!
    [quoted image]

Not to be a downer, but you do know candy gets stale over time

#71 4 years ago

Stale butterfinger > new butterfinger

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mank:

Not if you freeze it. We always kept Butterfingers in the freezer....they were awesome that way. lasted forever.......

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

Not if you freeze it. We always kept Butterfingers in the freezer....they were awesome that way. lasted forever.......

Wonder how much space in my side-by-side fridge/freezer that 150 pounds of butterfingers will occupy.

Quoted from Mank:

I figured the amount of preservatives in a candy bar made them last forever. I better start eating faster. Maybe I should take a before pic.

If cookies got stale i wonder if you could heat them in oven at 275 degrees for 10 minutes to reintroduce the crunch? Might as well sprinkle some wax on them at that point. If things gets to that point, I’ll be sure to start a new thread on the adventure.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from TenaciousT:

Canada had some great candy bars that you couldn't get in Mi. but I haven't been there in a while .

Haha you need a Canadian dealer. Not someone to sell you blunts, but a bro who can hook you up with candy bars. Hardcore, OG type stuff. Million Dollar bars, Clark Bars and even original Wonka bars. Warning - candy bars are a gateway drug to pot. Weed leads to a degenerate lifestyle and that degrades into pinball. From there it’s further downhill.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Chocolate and bacon (not at the same time). Mmm.

#76 4 years ago

I'm glad so many agree with me that it's ridiculously wrong to change the Butterfinger recipe. On another note, I had one today after it had been in the freezer a while and my teeth shattered like glass when I bit into it like in the old Looney Toons cartoons. Totally worth it.

#77 4 years ago

I should also state that I'm really a doctor (not bragging...believe me), and if my patients only knew about my eating habits...

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Chocolate and bacon (not at the same time). Mmm.

Obviously you have never tried chocolate dipped bacon....delish

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-butterfinger-fans/page/2?hl=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.