Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 205 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2016-03-23_at_4.34.04_PM_(resized).png
    download_(resized).png
    2b9d19cfa8fe88038eeeb83b8fa57747016cb0c0_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-12_at_1.33.13_PM_(resized).png
    mini_moon_pie_(resized).JPG
    gummy-hot-dogs-25_(resized).jpg
    Mike_Ducker_(resized).JPG
    LymieTheWorm_(resized).jpeg
    CHUCK_(resized).jpg
    s-l225_(resized).jpg
    Capture_(resized).JPG
    Mike_Ducker_(resized).JPG
    ducker_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoeGrenuk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

That's right, because buying lottery tickets is not tax deductible. Just look if his numbers are correct...
    + $300,000 won
    - $125,000 spent
    - $150,000 in taxes - typical on winnings
    ----------------------
    Total: $25,000 net - not really worth the risk - what if you didn't hit the big jackpot?
    And that's ONLY if you're the BIG Winner!

Maybe you should stick to pinball, or saddle up and mosey on over to Indiana and join the FuturePinhead lynch mob

Gambling losses are tax deductible, but only up to the amount of your winnings.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

I'd like to take this guy out once and for all. Who knows what one article can lead to. Netflix documentary like Making a Murderer maybe ?!

I might know what one article can lead to.

You, Jared.

In the form of a defamation action against you. Just in this one thread, you've called him a cheater, an idiot, a thief. You've said you'd "like to take this guy out once and for all", which can be interpreted in several ways. If he comes after you, the only way you can avoid being found liable for defamation is if (and only if) it is decided by a judge or jury that he has, in fact, cheated or stolen or defrauded people.

This might not be a popular take, but here goes....

What does having won money have to do with whether someone should or shouldn't steal money? Nothing.

I used to have a bank account I used JUST for buying and selling pins. BFD. If you think about it for a nanosecond, it might come clear to you that segregating gambling money from the mortgage money is a prudent, smart thing to do.

Speaking of smart, it is not smart to accuse someone you don't even know of cheating and stealing other people you don't know. Lawyers, BBB, and the police have no interest in this guy. But you do. And who, exactly, elected you to "bring this idiot down" and "take him out once and for all"?

Speaking of idiots, until it has been determined by a court that he has broken a law, you have defamed this guy and have exposed yourself to personal financial liability. You have accused him of being a criminal, and you've done that solely or largely based on blog posts you've read on the internet, written by people you don't know, who may or may not have been cheated by this guy. The guy just won $200,000, so he can probably swing a few bucks for a lawyer to make your life miserable. You don't KNOW anything about this guy. You have only HEARD bad things; you don't KNOW bad things.

Nothing is going to happen unless the people with standing (those who say they have been cheated) come forward, buy a plane ticket, walk into a DA's office, file a complaint, fly home, buy another ticket, and walk into a courtroom and testify against him.

The market takes care of this. If his business cheats or steals, the customers stop buying and they tell others about their experience and to beware. And if the business stiffs suppliers, they tell other suppliers and they stop supplying. And then he has no customers and no suppliers and he turns to his number-picking skills to pay the mortgage.

If you're looking for a "cause", seems to me there are a lot better and more worthy causes out there in which you could become involved than seeking "justice" for people you don't know who are fortunate enough to own and play with expensive toys.

I know you mean well, but think about it. What good can happen? What bad can happen to you?

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Slander or libel is one of the toughest things to prove in a courtroom. If Futrepinhead really believes this guy is a thief, a moron, a cheater and an idiot, then he has not committed libel.

Tamoore, sadly, I just finished up defending myself and a firm I work with from a year-long defamation/slander/libel suit. I learned a lot.

If you care, here is a nice one page summary on the elements of defamation. Short version is that expressing an opinion is generally fine, but expressing a false statement that damages the business or reputation of another is a problem.

In my case, it was not difficult to defend and it went away after a year's worth of legal fees and liability insurance deductibles. But I was still out $ and a lot of time. There is NO reason in this case to paint a bullseye on your back when you have no dog in the fight. Noble and Stupid"? Yes.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

You know, you are absolutely right here. I thoroughly apologize if my opinions were not stated as opinions. I have changed anything that I said to reflect that this thread is what it meant to be, searching for any supposed victims who are looking for help getting in contact with this reporter.

Yeah, once you post that you are editing your post because what you posted in the first place might be problematic, that'll work.

One thing about Pinside, these guys here are excellent and reposting stuff that was deleted long ago. So good, in fact that the FBI should hire them to find out where <edited>emails are.

#62 8 years ago

OK, ball is rolling, good work. Still not sure of the end game, but it's fine.

Still, the best way to rectify this situation is to eliminate it altogether. Businesses only survive with a steady flow of cash. We are the people that supply all or most of the cash in this situation...besides the NJ lottery, but we can't control them. So, every time you order, you buy bullets for the enemy, regardless whether MAD has that last part you need to complete your game or not. There are lots of suppliers with equal or better pricing, service, reputation, and are run by very nice guys who have figured out that if they take care of their customers, the customers will take care of them. Spend your money with those guys.

1 week later
    #85 8 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

AKA all that matters is I get mine. Great community spirit. Hopefully our friends form overseas and here will remember this the next time you reach out for help.

Look, what happened to common sense and personal responsibility? There are "bad seller" threads on RGP, Pinside, and the Interwebs going back as far as February 2012. FOUR YEAR'S WORTH !!!!!!!!!If anyone even remotely cared about who they are sending money to, how about a simple Google search? If you Google Mad Amusements plus "bad seller", "Ripoff", or "Fraud", you get well in excess of A MILLION hits.

It takes a one-fingered typist about 14 seconds to do that search.

Sorry to say, and I know this will bring on a rain of thumbs down, but it is hard to have any sympathy for someone who sends money to someone they don't know and whose ridiculously-bad reputation is so damn easy to discover.

They don't know enough to come here or go to RGP to see if the guy is a putz, but they know enough to come here to whine about getting ripped off?????

#88 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

The problem with that, again, is there is absolutely nothing shady looking about his store front. He has registered a legitimate business, he ships parts (people love to talk about the gummies they get with their orders), he takes money, he participates on forums, he's an active businessman. He even has a disclaimer about domestic overseas shipping charges. If you are brand new to pinball, type in to Google "pinball parts," and find his site there is absolutely no irresponsibility or wrongdoing in buying from him. Most peolle would be thrilled they can find parts for these antiques at all. Youre arguing that the customer is always 100% responsible for suspecting companies of fraud before buying. So that means people shouldn't have bought Findus beef products because of the obvious impending meat scandal, people shouldn't have bought Volkswagen cars because of the painfully clear effects of NOx over the past 6 years, people shouldn't have drank Flint city water people of the painfully reliable prediction of poisoning that absolutely nobody had?

Problem with that ^^^^ is those MILLION hits. And another problem with that ^^^^ is the thinking that "Nothing shady about his storefront" =
    "This company must be legit".

I am arguing that the term "Caveat Emptor" was right 1000 years ago and is still right today.

2 weeks later
    #169 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Shh! Go to the beach and enjoy what's left of your summer. It's f**king colder than f**k up here, and this is the only way we can pass the long dreary days of winter until we can go outside again.

Go curling.

#171 8 years ago

I forgot to add this...Anna Sidarova from Russia

#175 8 years ago
    Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

I forgot to add this...Anna Sidarova from Russia

This image got 2 "unsafe" tags and has been hidden automatically, as per your settings. un-hideanna-sidorova-1_(resized).jpg 2

She is a fairly hot Russian Olympic athlete, and there are seriously two people here who are so offended and to tag it unsafe? Next time you post a pic of a Twilight Zone with 368 "mods", powdercoated "armor", chromed leg levelers, a rug in front that says Twilight Zone, a topper from some nickel slot machine, undercabinet lighting and smoke machine, superbands, and a million watts of "tasteful" LEDs, I'm tagging it "UNSAFE" as soon as I can figure out how to do that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoeGrenuk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-anyone-who-was-cheated-by-mad-amusements-please-read?tu=JoeGrenuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.