Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 205 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 months ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2016-03-23_at_4.34.04_PM_(resized).png
    download_(resized).png
    2b9d19cfa8fe88038eeeb83b8fa57747016cb0c0_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-12_at_1.33.13_PM_(resized).png
    mini_moon_pie_(resized).JPG
    gummy-hot-dogs-25_(resized).jpg
    Mike_Ducker_(resized).JPG
    LymieTheWorm_(resized).jpeg
    CHUCK_(resized).jpg
    s-l225_(resized).jpg
    Capture_(resized).JPG
    Mike_Ducker_(resized).JPG
    ducker_(resized).JPG
    There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 8 years ago

I think we should just boycott this thief, no lawyers, no nonsense, simple and effective. Just show this bastard what it means to be stolen from. I may not of been scammed by him but I know what it is like to just feel like you have thrown money in a pit for no return.

#102 8 years ago

Wait, he's the "gummy guy?"

I've gotten a bunch of things from him before, no problem.

And those gummies brightened my day!!!

I can see the frustration from folks who got screwed.

#103 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wait, he's the "gummy guy?"
    I've gotten a bunch of things from him before, no problem.
    And those gummies brightened my day!!!
    I can see the frustration from folks who got screwed.

The Chinese have poisoned us and our dogs, you really don't eat that candy do you?

#104 8 years ago

It's getting pretty annoying that every part I need lately is only available from Mad. No Centaur plastics or Laser War ramp for me.

#105 8 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

The Chinese have poisoned us and our dogs, you really don't eat that candy do you?

It looks like a hot dog though.

#106 8 years ago

Is it true what he does to the free gummies that he ships out with the pinball parts ?

#107 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lindsey:

It's getting pretty annoying that every part I need lately is only available from Mad. No Centaur plastics or Laser War ramp for me.

Add Guns n Roses plastic set to that, very frustrating.

#108 8 years ago

The colors of the Maverick plastic set I bought from him several years ago (luckily this order I received), all faded within less than 6 months (specially the reds).

#109 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Who's looking into following up on this?

?

#110 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Powerzone said:
    ARe there any news concerning the reporter?
    Who's looking into following up on this?>

?

#111 8 years ago

Ordered a complete Stern NOS factory set of MET LE textured decals $40 in the past couple of months as spares for my machine. They are NOT some type of "Jeff's Arcade" craptastic garbage.

Received in 3 days via USPS Priority Mail.

Ordered parts from Mike for at least 10 years since the business was opened (I do not even recall when MAD Amusements started), I really do not know has happened.

Granted he is not Pinball Life or Marcos, but I don't recollect being burned on any orders.

Every opinion needs to be tempered.
    Maybe the lottery got the best of him.

#112 8 years ago
    Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

Is it true what he does to the free gummies that he ships out with the pinball parts ?

Jolly Ranchers.
    I have received gummie bears as well.

#113 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

By supporting him, you support him ripping off a ton of people. Just FYI.

#114 8 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

By supporting him, you support him ripping off a ton of people. Just FYI.

I share some of many honest pinball purchase experiences and get chastized because I have received my parts?

I am not defending anybody.

Welcome to PinSide.
    Feel free to never ask me for help.

#115 8 years ago

Ordered a complete Stern NOS factory set of MET LE textured decals $40 in the past couple of months as spares for my machine. They are NOT some type of "Jeff's Arcade" craptastic garbage.
    Received in 3 days via USPS Priority Mail.
    Ordered parts from Mike for at least 10 years since the business was opened (I do not even recall when MAD Amusements started), I really do not know has happened.
    Granted he is not Pinball Life or Marcos, but I don't recollect being burned on any orders.
    Maybe the lottery got the best of him.

I think you are missing the big picture-domestic orders get shipped. We are ALL painfully aware domestic orders are received and seem to go out A-OK. As domestic buyers have consumer protections. International orders however don't. He takes the money via wire where there is no consumer protection and never ships the product. Most people trust a business as you mentioned that has been in business forever so they don't think twice about wiring the funds. He takes advantage of that and folks like you who continue to support him, help him stay in business. He preys on the international community and it is sickening.

#117 8 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I think you are missing the big picture-domestic orders get shipped.

The way it was being reported, everybody was getting screwed. I "get it". Most of the comments had ZERO value, either cheerleader or rants not "burns". Most people did not know who the person was in this thread!

If inernational are getting burned, there are still ways around the problem.
    I did it with suppliers in Germany, Great Britain, Netherlands, and Australia.

Networking counts.

Like I said I not defending anybody.

Who I "support" is my choice after nearly 3 decades in the industry.
    I know who "sucks" and does not.

If someone wants help or needs to find a part just ask, I may be able to help, instead of getting retorted by pintards.
    Sometimes I just give stuff away for free if I don't need it.

#118 8 years ago

You get that international pinheads are out thousands of dollars because of MAD. Okay, I'm with you so far.

Like I said I not defending anybody.
    Who I "support" is my choice after nearly 3 decades in the industry.

So basically, "F you, I got mine".

Got ya.

Feel free to never ask me for help.

I'd rather not deal with anyone who supports others ripping off pinheads, so that sounds fine.

#119 8 years ago

I guess we have interpreted the posts differently. I have only ever seen it being reported as the international community being screwed as well as some suppliers. This has been going on for years. It sucks. He takes advantage of our fellow collectors/community and b/c folks domestically get there stuff they continue to support him and keep him afloat. As a Pinsider, having this knowledge, in my opinion, there is no reason to support him.

#120 8 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I guess we have interpreted the posts differently. I have only ever seen it being reported as the international community being screwed as well as some suppliers. This has been going on for years. It sucks. He takes advantage of our fellow collectors/community and b/c folks domestically get there stuff they continue to support him and keep him afloat. As a Pinsider, having this knowledge, in my opinion, there is no reason to support him.

PinSide is not the way to get someone "blacklisted" in the industry.
    There are other, much better options.
    This includes the international community and does not require law enforcement or legal action.

International purchases are trickier, I agree.
    How do I know?
    I imported multiple machines...

#121 8 years ago

No, but for many it is the best way to bring awareness and warn others. These threads have kept many an international collector from falling victim and have helped inform our friends stateside about what is going on. Sadly the powers that be Attorney General, FBI (wire fraud), etc have not done much to bring about any kind of justice.

#122 8 years ago

BlackKnight, I guess until now you didn't know that this piece of shit was a major scumbag, right? Ok, so now you know.... I do hope you never buy or support this asshole again.

#123 8 years ago

I have never order anything from MAD before......thanks goodness.
    Few weeks ago, I deleted his website off my bookmarks.

#124 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

BlackKnight, I guess until now you didn't know that this piece of shit was a major scumbag, right? Ok, so now you know.... I do hope you never buy or support this asshole again.

There have been much worse.
    Placed orders repeatedly while overseas.
    I have lived abroad nearly 12 years out of the last 20.
    Still received them.
    Guess I was just "lucky".

I have done my part and helped put certain individuals out of business when needed over time.
    Most here would not even know who they were.

There really is no point explaining anymore that I am not supporting or condemning this seller.

#125 8 years ago

close yer helmet

Still received them.
    I have done my part and helped put certain individuals out of business when needed over time.
    There really is no point explaining anymore that I am not supporting or condemning this seller.

#126 8 years ago

That would be like posting on a forum of women who have been the victim of craptaping, that you went to Chuck Berry's restaurant and that to your recollection, he did not videotape your wife taking a crap.

CHUCK_(resized).jpgCHUCK_(resized).jpg

#127 8 years ago

So does anybody know of another good source for lime disease products?

#128 8 years ago

Still received them.

People have had thousands of dollars stolen from them. We are not talking about some rubber ring kits and a couple of bulbs. It's a lot of money. Yeah, there have been worse, but that doesn't make this any less effed up. Theft is theft and folks should be warned. I'm not sure how you cannot condemn someone that is preying upon our community like so. It's theft. How is that not condemnable? He has a very specific scam going on and he knows that nothing legally can be done, so he keeps doing it.

#129 8 years ago

I hope M.A.D. of Mad Amusements shows up at a pin show (Pintastic New England, Allentown, York, Replay FX, TPF, Expo, OHIO SHOW etc.) so one of us can take his picture and post it here.

#130 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So does anybody know of another good source for lime disease products?

There's a wonderful lyme disease plush toy that might help you, in whatever way you see fit I guess.

LymieTheWorm_(resized).jpegLymieTheWorm_(resized).jpeg

GIANTmicrobes are fun and educational way to learn about various health topics and the microscopic critters that are found in and around us. Each microbe character is 5-7 inches in size -- over a million times their actual size! Perfect for teachers, parents and budding scientists, they also make humorous gifts. For children under 3 years and up. $9.95

#131 8 years ago

Perhaps a different approach.

xTheBlackKnightx am I understanding you correctly when you say,

and that you know of better ways to work around this issue.

Perhaps you can offer some help?
    PM the main OP, and maybe someone else here involved on how they can achieve satisfaction?
    Either solving the issue of funds, product, or "out of business"?

You need not be involved, just your wisdom shared from your experiences.

#132 8 years ago

Maybe MAD will be traveling to Germany to buy some "Official German Lottery" quarter and half-tickets. Just like those scam mailing in the '70's & '80's.

Hopefully a person he ripped-off will spot him and really "take his picture"

#133 8 years ago

I certainly would help and offer international recourse, but this flury of negative reactions is why most many collectors do not post. It just not worth trying to explain or help people who only misinterpret and want to fight and argue.

Never condone people losing money over negative sellers.
    Best of luck with the "parts wars part deux"
    I hope you all find the parts you need at a reasonable price and have resources and experience required to keep your games running.

Over and out.

#134 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It looks like a hot dog though.

That's what she said.

#135 8 years ago

Got it, you actually have nothing to help them out.

#136 8 years ago

Now you've done it guys - you've gone and pissed off the Black Knight! We're screwed! How will we ever find parts and fix our games without his superior knowledge?!?

#137 8 years ago

I certainly would help and offer international recourse, but this flury of negative reactions is why most many collectors do not post. It just not worth trying to explain or help people who only misinterpret and want to fight and argue.
    Never condone people losing money over negative sellers.
    Best of luck with the "parts wars part deux"
    I hope you all find the parts you need at a reasonable price and have resources and experience required to keep your games running.
    Over and out.

Actually it sounds a lot like you are actively supporting (with your dollars) the man who stole money from our overseas pinball friends. It's pretty disgraceful the way you want to be a fence sitter and reap whatever you can get from the guy when it's convenient for you.

#138 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Perhaps a different approach.
    xTheBlackKnightx am I understanding you correctly when you say,

and that you know of better ways to work around this issue.
    Perhaps you can offer some help?
    PM the main OP, and maybe someone else here involved on how they can achieve satisfaction?
    Either solving the issue of funds, product, or "out of business"?
    You need not be involved, just your wisdom shared from your experiences.

I second this. This should not be some negative thing. IF you have past experience that may help out, PLEASE at least pass on your knowledge.

Most of what I can do in this hobby (and that I have then used in other aspects of my life), I have learned from others online. I am sure others are in this boat as well!

#139 8 years ago

I know who "sucks" and does not.

I'm afraid you don't. And had you been a long time member of Pinside you would be averse of the dozens and dozens of examples of this man's slight of hand tricks. Your opinion is welcome on here, but don't try and validate things you don't know about. Some of us could write a whole book on this guy. The reason you are getting so many down votes is because you are way behind the times and are mimicking comments on threads for WAY, WAY back from guys who praised Mike because he didn't rip THEM OFF. Most of us get irked when we see all the 'good guy Mike' stuff. It took about 3 years of most everyone on Pinside FINALLY getting the picture and stopping their cheer-leading and/or support for him. You appear to be innocent because you haven't been exposed to the entire history. It's deep, my friend. VERY deep.

#140 8 years ago

All this talk of Mike from MAD Amusements makes me sick. I hate pathetic scam artists like this.

Someone PLEASE post this guys pic on here so we know who we are dealing with if we bump into him. Pinside needs a Hall of Shame for scam artists in this industry so we can look over one another. This pisses me off, and anyone still supporting a person like this needs to check the contents of their skull, or lack thereof.

#141 8 years ago

Mike_Ducker_(resized).JPGMike_Ducker_(resized).JPG

#142 8 years ago

It all makes sense now.

Read an article about this Mike Ducker character. He's won a combined $300K in lottery earnings, but spent $125K on tickets to win that amount.

So, after taxes his lottery winnings are around $165K.

This moron has only netted around $40K of earnings from the lotto when all is said and done.

Anyone who can have a separate "Lotto Fund" as he called it in his article has a major gambling problem- certain character traits that will cause a desperate man to feed his addiction and sickness when it comes to gambling. The $125K he spent on the lotto was likely from large sums of money that he scammed international people with. He would use the Domestic income to pay rent and feed himself, then the larger chunks of money from international buyers would fund his larger lotto bets . Probably had the intention of hitting it big then maybe fulfilling the customers order, just to lose it all. Try again, and again.. And again. I'm willing to bet he'd get a $6500-8K wire in and run straight to various lotto retailers and spend a week trying to win big on someone else's dime.

These are the traits of a person with a gambling addiction, pure text book.

Please, NO ONE should give this piece of crap money- all its done is allow him to game the lotto industry and win money with stolen money. Sickening.

#143 8 years ago

but this flury of negative reactions

I'm sure you are a very nice guy. But whether you mean to or not, you come across as condescending. Lots of great people here on pinside. Lots of opinions too. If you can help, do so.

#144 8 years ago

If he ripped everyone off he would not even be in business so Im sure its select rip offs. As a past customer the problem lies when there is a problem. Excluding overseas which I cannot comment on.

I have received everything I ordered, multiple time. Happy customer. BUT one time I got a wide body lock down and it was a pile of crap thin metal with spot welding showing on the top. I asked for a refund and all hell broke loose claiming I was an idiot and did not know that all lock downs looked like this.

Finally got my refund but was a hassle.

#145 8 years ago

I think he spends his lottery winnings on these.

gummy-hot-dogs-25_(resized).jpggummy-hot-dogs-25_(resized).jpg

#146 8 years ago

the gauntlet has been thrown down for all of these guys adding sweets to their orders. bob roberts has upped the anty with these now
    mini_moon_pie_(resized).JPGmini_moon_pie_(resized).JPG

#147 8 years ago

Bob Roberts has been doing the Moon Pies forever and usually a handful of Mardis Gras bling during the festival as well. No one beats Bob!

#148 8 years ago

Screen_Shot_2016-02-12_at_1.33.13_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-02-12_at_1.33.13_PM_(resized).png

#149 8 years ago
    Quoted from kpg:

Screen_Shot_2016-02-12_at_1.33.13_PM_(resized).png

You should change that ice cream cone to a dildo!

#150 8 years ago

Asshat is his middle name
    2b9d19cfa8fe88038eeeb83b8fa57747016cb0c0_(resized).png2b9d19cfa8fe88038eeeb83b8fa57747016cb0c0_(resized).png

There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-anyone-who-was-cheated-by-mad-amusements-please-read/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.