Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ejg10532626
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6088.JPG
IMG_6086.JPG
f16fb3833b8ac3975ac8862de3eb5c433d1240fd.jpg

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

It's Judge Dredd and Demo Man all over again. GREAT games that no one pays any attention too. Buy cheap and enjoy or pay more later. People used to walk past JD and DM for $700 all day long.

Well, sort of. I would argue that both DM and JD, while pretty good games, have things that hold them back from being truly great. it's the same with all the cheaper games. The pricing of pinball is amazingly logical to me, something that you don't necessarily see in other hobbies. A game that is good and has universal appeal is worth the most. A game that is missing one of those is worth less. A game missing both of those is worth even less.

All of the Stern games sub $2500 that were named are sub $2500 for good reasons. If you like them though, more power to you Like I said, I like a lot of them too. And, while I really like (and own) DM and JD, there is a reason they are only worth what they are.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Gotta disagree there. WPT blows any of those games out of the water.

Was not specifically talking about WPT. Only played that pin once. Will play it again. I know someone with one.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Oh, ok.
Were talking what they sell for, not if you like a machine or not. I'm curious what your machines are.

Out of the 21 I have, not one is a R.I.P.ley's, and never has been. I'll also spot that I have multiple titles that aren't up to the "standard" (and yes, that *had to* have quotes) that R.I.P.ley's set.

Look, I'm not condemning it to live in death or anything like that...but $2500 or more for it? Not a chance in the world. I'd far sooner go without.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

All of the Stern games sub $2500 that were named are sub $2500 for good reasons.

For WPT it's the art for sure, but many still do not understand what this game has to offer rules wise. Keith said it's the second deepest game to TSPP, even over LOTR.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

Out of the 21 I have, not one is a R.I.P.ley's, and never has been. I'll also spot that I have multiple titles that aren't up to the "standard" (and yes, that *had to* have quotes) that R.I.P.ley's set.
Look, I'm not condemning it to live in death or anything like that...but $2500 or more for it? Not a chance in the world. I'd far sooner go without.

And that's fine, but it's not about you, it's about the prices in general.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Gotta disagree there. WPT blows any of those games out of the water.

Could not agree more.
WPT is a great game.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

For WPT it's the art for sure, but many still do not understand what this game has to offer rules wise. Keith said it's the second deepest game to TSPP, even over LOTR.

Art... and theme. While card games have been popular, theming it with a direct tie in to a show that is so art-specific and making the rules kind of sort of around cards makes it much less accessible for young 'uns.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I was going to say Playboy myself. I think it is a hard sell because of the theme. I parted with mine too soon, but I sold it at a price I couldn't refuse after buying it for a price I couldn't refuse.
As for too easy? I have to ask...did you ever get to the 4th Mansion Mania? The insert for it is a different color, surely that means something about the 4th one was different? 2 was the most I ever hit in one game. Something else I always tried to do, but never did was to see if I could get a second Mansion Mania while IN A Mansion Mania. I know you keep collecting playmates while in Mansion Mania and when it is over they go back to January. I always wondered if you past December while in Mansion Mania if it would count is as a second one by lighting the insert and adding all the balls back.
As curious as I was...I never did pull the glass to see what happened.

To answer your question about Mansion Mania...When you get to December in Mansion Mania mode it pops out four balls again and starts the 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th) Mansion Mania. I've done all 4 once. Nothing special happens other than lighting the red light. I can't remember if scoring was different or not.

Playboy is not easy if set up correctly....just like any other game.

#59 4 years ago

and making the rules kind of sort of around cards makes it much less accessible for young 'uns.

Not sure I follow this. The rules are much more than kind of sort of around cards. Other than the ace in the hole, which I will admit is only about cards in description alone. I thought maybe the cities in the middle but these are completed by hitting the ramps and completing hold 'em hands. I guess the chip tricks would not necessarily be about cards, but I would say the rules are very much about cards, much more than kind of sort of, but I'm willing to hear your reasoning.

#60 4 years ago

Also if any one has a wheel of fortune sub 2500$ please pm me.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Also if any one has a Wheel of Fortune sub 2500$ please pm me.

Yeah I'd be in the same boat. WOF is a great game and with its interesting playfield design and outstanding rules it'd be a sweet deal if it were under $2500.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Also if any one has a Wheel of Fortune sub 2500$ please pm me.

Ditto - I've liked WoF since I first played one a few years back. Unlike WPT, which I just can't STAND. No idea why.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Holy shit, you guys can get WPT's for under $2,500 and you are not jumping at this?? By far out of that list, WPT is the best machine. The rules are frickin' awesome. It's like AFM (rear PF) meets TSPP/LOTR rules.

I payed exactly $2,500 for my HUO--3rd owner(me) copy of WPT.
Out of 100 pinballs transacted in 5 years, I consider my WPT buy to be in my top 3 best moves.

Love the pin - tremendous replay value due to the 3 second 3x return lane shot.
Virtually unlimited scoring goals. Great ruleset. Steve Ritchie designed.
A keeper - wouldn't let this copy go for $4,000- and I mean that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside