(Topic ID: 260722)

Attack From Mars...Brian Allen Alternate Art (over halfway gone!)

By ulmpharmd

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0830 (resized).jpg
Medieval Madness Brian Allen (resized).jpg
2AE4C8B2-334E-4537-80E0-3CD4698FDB89 (resized).jpeg
0BFA4800-9116-4973-9791-74A59F81AB14 (resized).jpeg
8D5DCEF7-494F-4301-A72A-2102A296E724 (resized).jpeg
276D0B16-3948-413E-BCE9-F0B4E3710C06 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200229_081644068 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200222_170647749 (resized).jpg
2020-02-28 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hi Pinside! I just wanted to thank everyone for supporting Brian Allen's alternate art on the first two production runs of backglasses. Monster Bash sold out very quickly awhile back and just to give a heads up, Attack from Mars is already well over halfway sold out as well! I approached Brian with this wacky idea over a year ago and thankfully he gave me a shot to help him share his great artistic style with the community and you all have welcomed it with open arms. We have alot planned for the future and I just wanted to thank everyone for the support and any ideas feel free to throw them out on this thread or pm me or Brian. Also if looking for the AFM Backglass just visit his site (https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/attack-from-mars-alternative-backglass-limited-edition/) or any of the affiliate sites and grab one before the run of the 100 numbered are gone!

#2 4 years ago

I installed mine this weekend. I feel that it is a huge improvement over the original.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Hi Pinside! I just wanted to thank everyone for supporting Brian Allen's alternate art on the first two production runs of backglasses. Monster Bash sold out very quickly awhile back and just to give a heads up, Attack from Mars is already well over halfway sold out as well! I approached Brian with this wacky idea over a year ago and thankfully he gave me a shot to help him share his great artistic style with the community and you all have welcomed it with open arms. We have alot planned for the future and I just wanted to thank everyone for the support and any ideas feel free to throw them out on this thread or pm me or Brian. Also if looking for the AFM Backglass just visit his site (https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/attack-from-mars-alternative-backglass-limited-edition/) or any of the affiliate sites and grab one before the run of the 100 numbered are gone!

Will you have any at TPF? I may pick one up as a wall hanger.

#4 4 years ago

Yes I plan to have them there unless of course we sell out prior to TPF. We are also planning on debuting the next title there.

#5 4 years ago

Also,
Anyone wanting me to bring these to TPF for them to save shipping, just let me know. In the meantime, what suggestions do any of you have as far as titles y’all would love to see in Brian’s style? Thoughts on MM, CC, BSD, WW, etc.?

#6 4 years ago

Thanks for doing this. I ended up buying Brian's translite version of the new art instead of the acrylic -- would love to know how different they look (if any) and if ya'll think it's worth the extra $120 between the two versions. Thanks

Mike

Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Also,
Anyone wanting me to bring these to TPF for them to save shipping, just let me know. In the meantime, what suggestions do any of you have as far as titles y’all would love to see in Brian’s style? Thoughts on MM, CC, BSD, WW, etc.?

1 week later
#7 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Also,

As a buyer of both acrylic versions of MB and AFM, I was would be interested in MM. Why? That's the next purchase.....

Love them!

#8 4 years ago

Can these be installed in the remake CE?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yes.

You are just swapping translites.

LTG : )

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

As a buyer of both acrylic versions of MB and AFM, I was would be interested in MM. Why? That's the next purchase.....
Love them!

You will be a very happy camper soon!

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Just as LTG stated, just replace the translite and glass if you purchase the acrylic or just the translite if you purchase the translite alternative.

1 week later
#11 4 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Thanks for doing this. I ended up buying Brian's translite version of the new art instead of the acrylic -- would love to know how different they look (if any) and if ya'll think it's worth the extra $120 between the two versions. Thanks
Mike

Is there a big difference in the appearance of each when installed in a game? Can you post pictures of each? Also, are both limited in that once both versions are gone they’re GONE. Thanks!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Also,

He could do a sweet Fish Tales!

1 week later
#13 4 years ago

Thanks for all the support on this guys! I wanted to share some videos on how the Attack From Mars alternate Translite and Backglass were drawn. We've sold over half of the LE backglasses, and a ton of Translites. THANK YOU!!!

If you're interested in one, please check them out in my shop:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork/

Inking the linework Video:

Speed Coloring Video:

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Is there a big difference in the appearance of each when installed in a game? Can you post pictures of each? Also, are both limited in that once both versions are gone they’re GONE. Thanks!

There really isn't a difference in printing quality between the Translite and the Backglass, but only the Backglass is numbered and limited to 100. We have about 60 sold so far, I believe. You can see tons of pictures of both in my shop: https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork/

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

He could do a sweet Fish Tales!

Thanks, I'll add that to my list. Medieval Madness is next, and then (maybe) White Water or Cactus Canyon

#16 4 years ago

Love them!

Thanks so much for your support, truly! I actually JUST finished Medieval Madness and it's up in my shop for Preorder. I haven't even started marketing yet - probably won't until the end of March. I'm really proud of it - poured a lot of time into it. Looking forward to hearing what you think!

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Medfly:

I installed mine this weekend. I feel that it is a huge improvement over the original.

Thank you!

#18 4 years ago

Brian, that MM design is KILLER! Well done, sir!

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Thanks so much for your support, truly! I actually JUST finished Medieval Madness and it's up in my shop for Preorder. I haven't even started marketing yet - probably won't until the end of March. I'm really proud of it - poured a lot of time into it. Looking forward to hearing what you think!

Woot!
Order placed!

#20 4 years ago

It looks amazing, especially in the machine.

2020-02-28 (resized).jpg2020-02-28 (resized).jpg
#21 4 years ago

The site is down or I'm behind a firewall that doesn't let me see the website.

#22 4 years ago

Also unable to access the site from the link provided.

#23 4 years ago

The artwork looks amazing however I already bought a Lenticular (3D) version. Would you consider printing some of yours Lenticular if so I would buy that in a second.

#24 4 years ago

BTW your website is NOT WORKING... everything i click on gets a 501 Error!

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

BTW your website is NOT WORKING... everything i click on gets a 501 Error!

I see a 503 error.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

what suggestions do any of you have as far as titles y’all would love to see in Brian’s style? Thoughts on MM, CC, BSD, WW, etc.?

BSD!

#27 4 years ago

Try this link guys...seems to be working ok. Pm me if you can't get it done through the site and I'll let Brian know

Thanks again for the support...I think MM is his most amazing work to date! I know he put alot of time in it.

#28 4 years ago

AFM alternate translite ordered and should be delivered Monday. Can’t wait to see lit up in person, great work!!

#29 4 years ago

Ordered an AFM backglass last night. Love your style and really *really* wish you had MB art with Frankenstein's Monster playing an organ or keyboard.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Try this link guys...seems to be working ok. Pm me if you can't get it done through the site and I'll let Brian know
Thanks again for the support...I think MM is his most amazing work to date! I know he put alot of time in it.

"Measures 27″x 18 7/8″ to fit in an Attack From Mars machine, or a lightbox."

Just an FYI....the MM acrylic back glass has the above line in the description. No more cutting and pasting....

#31 4 years ago

I purchased the backglass #50 and this thing is awesome. Buy with 100% confidence. I texted a bunch of questions before buying and I received immediate responses.

IMG_20200222_170647749 (resized).jpgIMG_20200222_170647749 (resized).jpgIMG_20200229_081644068 (resized).jpgIMG_20200229_081644068 (resized).jpg
#32 4 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

I'll need a print for sure!

1 week later
#33 4 years ago

Does anybody know if there is a protective film on these alternate translights? I have a vertical mark on the left upper side and want to know if I need to remove a film if there is one. Don’t want to mess it up if there is not.

276D0B16-3948-413E-BCE9-F0B4E3710C06 (resized).jpeg276D0B16-3948-413E-BCE9-F0B4E3710C06 (resized).jpeg
#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Does anybody know if there is a protective film on these alternate translights?

Should be shiny. Yours doesn't look shiny. Peel a tiny bit at a corner and see.

#35 4 years ago

Yep, sure enough there is a protective film. Just didn’t want to mess it up. Looks pretty awesome! Thanks.

8D5DCEF7-494F-4301-A72A-2102A296E724 (resized).jpeg8D5DCEF7-494F-4301-A72A-2102A296E724 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#36 4 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

How's the MM coming along?

#37 4 years ago

How's the MM coming along?

Just getting production worked out, but hang tight...it’s on the way

4 weeks later
#38 3 years ago

Installed these in AFM and MM today. Just awesome, great work Brian!

0BFA4800-9116-4973-9791-74A59F81AB14 (resized).jpeg0BFA4800-9116-4973-9791-74A59F81AB14 (resized).jpeg2AE4C8B2-334E-4537-80E0-3CD4698FDB89 (resized).jpeg2AE4C8B2-334E-4537-80E0-3CD4698FDB89 (resized).jpeg
#39 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Appreciate it. Sad that I'm seeing others being delivered...

1 week later
#40 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Bumperumpa

4 weeks later
#41 3 years ago

Thanks for all the support on this everyone! There are only 15 Attack From Mars LE backglasses left! I can't believe it!!!
Also, if you haven't seen, I made one for Medieval Madness available now:

Medieval Madness Brian Allen (resized).jpgMedieval Madness Brian Allen (resized).jpg
#42 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Thanks for all the support on this everyone! There are only 15 Attack From Mars LE backglasses left! I can't believe it!!!
Also, if you haven't seen, I made one for Medieval Madness available now:
[quoted image]

Are the MM shipping yet Brian?

1 month later
#43 3 years ago

How are people installing the translites? I recently bought all 3 for the CGC remakes and I'm having a heck of time getting them to lay flat behind the glass. Are people taping the corners or edges to keep them flat while putting the trim on? Also, are you removing or leaving the license sticker?

3 weeks later
#44 3 years ago

ONLY 10 LEFT OF THE ATTACK FROM MARS limited edition 1/8" Acrylic Backglasses!
They'll never be printed as acrylic backglasses again.
Please help me get these out of my studio and into your machine! Thanks everyone

IMG_0830 (resized).jpgIMG_0830 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 21.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-marsbrian-allen-alternate-art-over-halfway-gone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.