3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Nysbadmk8
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

So I just got done doing a full restore on my AFM- PF swap, cab rebuild, etc etc etc...

Here's the issue. The Stroke of Luck Scoop sometimes recognizes the ball properly, but for the majority of the time it thinks there is a ball in there when there is not and it will award the SOL and fire the coil 5-7 times.

Then sometimes it doesnt recognize the ball at all.

I have replaced the 7 opto board, and both optical sensors with no change.

My technical skill sorta falls off here.

Any help?

#2 3 years ago

Plunger that kicks the ball up sticking up a little and blocking the beam of the optos ?

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Plunger that kicks the ball up sticking up a little and blocking the beam of the optos ?

I wish it was that easy. I took a multi to my optos, Transmitter @ 1.4v, Receiver 0 unblocked, 12v blocked.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

I wish it was that easy. I took a multi to my optos, Transmitter @ 1.4v, Receiver 0 unblocked, 12v blocked.

Transmitter and receiver mixed up, on wrong sides ?

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Transmitter and receiver mixed up, on wrong sides ?

On the weldment? Would that matter?

I went into the switch test, Ball or no ball the switch stays closed. So i'm digging into that now.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

I went into the switch test, Ball or no ball the switch stays closed. So i'm digging into that now.

Optos are closed. Open when a ball passes by them.

#7 3 years ago

Figured it out. Jumper connector for a mod went bad that was pulling 12v off Opto board. Caught it on continuity test after I swapped optos from switch 37 to switch 36 and they worked fine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-wpc95-sol-scoop-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.