(Topic ID: 234860)

Attack from Mars - What are the Top 5 things that make it great?

By Krupps4

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ctviss
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 5 years ago

I've only played this game a handful of times in the wild. I too look forward to owning one someday. But, what I like about the game is the code is easy to understand. You don't need to know the ins and outs of it. It's pretty intuitive.
I like the flow and the combo rules and also the rules about hitting each shot 3-4 times that starts a hurry up. When you hit all the main shots the 3-4 times you get a special mb.
Great animations, great monster theme, great sense of humor. Lots of different mb... And the stacking of the mb's actually make sense. I really enjoy when I stack Martian MB with other mb's. As that's a great way for points.
To me the layout and playfield is wide open. But, has really cool toys and just the right art to make the game pop and work. Same with the shaking martian toys.
The big mothership ufo is also one of the coolest toys in all of pinball history.
I know I said I liked the code... But, I really think its a well coded machine. There doesn't seem to be any useless things. The lower inlanes you want to light to get stroke of luck, which can give you cool rewards. And spelling martian is something that I never really focus on... But, I sure do focus on hitting them during an martian attack and as stated you get one heck of a reward.
The only gripe I do have is the music to me. While fitting is only good. Its not great. As stated it fits the game, and so doesn't get old.
It might be too easy for some people... But, I think if you have a multi-pin collection who cares about difficulty.
Oh and it has a video mode that both is fun and fits the game. And it really doesn't take you out of the game long enough to detract from the pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-what-are-the-top-5-things-that-make-it-great?tu=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.