View topic image gallery

IMG_20230112_022552282 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230112_022558893~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230112_022528951 (resized).jpg
IMG_2373 (resized).JPG
IMG_2374 (resized).JPG
toy-story-sid-phillips (resized).png
Slide Assembly (resized).png
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1651565546726_6927167978897947044 (resized).jpeg
02 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20201026_121353 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201026_021101 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201013_140944 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201013_143406 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201013_143351 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201013_140007 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201013_143438 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardPinball:

Hello there.
I've been working for a while now trying to get started on a project I've wanted to do forever. Since Attack from mars is most certainly always going to be out of my price range...I decided that I'd just have to build one. I've been measuring, planning and preparing to put this all into a forum post for some time. So here we go.........
First thing I did was to get some of the plastics that are used in the game. I bought these 2nd hand.
[quoted image]
Secondly...I was able to find a set of ramps here on pinside. ordered those as well.
[quoted image]
Then I was able to pick up all the plastic playfield inserts from pinball life along with the flipper buttons, start button and launch button.
[quoted image]
After I was able to secure what I thought at the time to be the hardest to procure items, I went to my local hardware store and bought my nice Plywood 4x8 blank. This was going to be my cabinet and back box.
[quoted image]
Got another order in from pinball life for some other items, and got my corner braces in as well.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Then I started working on my playfield in fusion 360. This is probably going to be one of the hardest things (other than programming from scratch in MPF (Mission Pinball Framework) the coding for the game). So far I have some of the simple holes and the major openings for the larger playfield pieces cut out. One of the pictures shows the blank field with the holes cut and the other shows the same with the playfield overlayed on top of it. This will take some time for me as I am new to fusion 360 as well. It's a lot of fun though, just time consuming.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Recently I received my 4 aliens in the mail, again from a user here on pinside!
[quoted image]
I've also started work on the prototype rails out of brass rod.
[quoted image]
So far that's it. I'm hoping to attach the leg brackets to the inside of the cabinet and get the legs attached tomorrow. I'm also beginning the programming portion for the game tonight as well. using the P3-ROC and MPF (Mission Pinball Framework) for the hardware and software of the game.
One last thing...I am actually going to be making 2 games at the same time. This AFM homebrew and another homebrew project that's been in development here for 4 + years. This is an original game that has not been made as of yet. Super excited to announce it hopefully before the end of the month.
Thanks to everyone who reads this and I hope that you enjoy the ride as I hope I do!
[quoted image]

Holy hell, that straight plywood cabinet is going to be heavy!!!
Why cut a new playfield? Can you just buy one from CPR and save all the work?
This is a daunting task, have you following any of @wallybgood’s threads? He’s built too many games! I think he’s already made an AFM, definitely a huge resource.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 21.50
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-scratch-build?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.