AFM 370.jpg
AFM 369.jpg
AFM 368.jpg
AFM 367.jpg
AFM 359.jpg
AFM 357.jpg
AFM 355.jpg
AFM 354.jpg
There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 10 years ago

Love your work and the thread. Lots of relevant information for when I swap my AFM playfield.

Mike O.

#102 10 years ago

Waiting on a few targets for the drop target. Most of the upper PF is now Populated.

Misc 047.jpgMisc 047.jpg Misc 048.jpgMisc 048.jpg Misc 049.jpgMisc 049.jpg Misc 050.jpgMisc 050.jpg
#103 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Thanks again dremel used

Misc 039.jpg 182 KB
Misc 038.jpg 282 KB
Misc 037.jpg 236 KB

No problem. Did you test the switch to make sure it isn't being made?

#105 10 years ago

He's talking about the Martian switch Behring the mantis return. Sometime with the mantis in place, the slot is too skinny and it closes the switch.

#106 10 years ago

It does have enough clearance.

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

It does have enough clearance.

Cool, looks good. I like the red ramps with the black wireforms. Man, that's going to be a nice AFM

#108 10 years ago

I'm still toying with the saucers.

Misc 056.jpgMisc 056.jpg
#109 10 years ago

Well I was excited to start working on this:Misc 051.jpgMisc 051.jpg

Then I found this:Misc 066.jpgMisc 066.jpg

Time to go shopping

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Time to go shopping

Time to find a tig welder.

#111 10 years ago

looking great. Actually, I wouldn't even go with that flimsy plate on there, it will just bash it off anyway. not not have it be a solid block that forms along that curved edge. That would hold up better and be more secure, plus never break off again.

#112 10 years ago

this Aztec pattern would look cool on your saucers.
here's a link to a model site for star trek model stuff that has all kinds of cool space craft templates for patterns and stencils.
https://starshipmodeler.biz/shop/index.cfm/product/847_34/polar-lights-11000-ncc-1701-refit-painting-masks.cfm

aztec.jpgaztec.jpgaztec.jpgaztec.jpg

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

looking great. Actually, I wouldn't even go with that flimsy plate on there, it will just bash it off anyway. not not have it be a solid block that forms along that curved edge. That would hold up better and be more secure, plus never break off again.

So replacement not necessary?

#114 10 years ago

not really, i'd try and fix it first, and fix it better than it was originally.

#115 10 years ago

I got the mothership board too. It's awesome. I went with green mini saucer flasher domes and green bill ung leds. They look sweet together.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I got the mothership board too. It's awesome. I went with green mini saucer flasher domes and green bill ung leds. They look sweet together.

Your talking the Goz Mod?

#118 10 years ago

I was hoping there would be no issue with Goz mod / bill Ung mod combo. Sweet throw up some pics/video

#119 10 years ago

No issues. It's cool. I will post something tomorrow. I'm done messing with it tonight. My GI is screwed up and I'm frustrated? Did you go with the Ung expansion board? The hallway LEDs are so sweet although I suspect the expansion board is the root of my gi issue.

#120 10 years ago

I did the saucers ,aliens,gozmod .shaker and blackout

#121 10 years ago

AFM-Black-Diamond.jpgAFM-Black-Diamond.jpg

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

AFM-Black-Diamond.jpg 29 KB

Vid, you on the sauce again?

#123 10 years ago

Wow sexy time on that AFM.

Nice job!

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

No issues. It's cool. I will post something tomorrow. I'm done messing with it tonight. My GI is screwed up and I'm frustrated? Did you go with the Ung expansion board? The hallway LEDs are so sweet although I suspect the expansion board is the root of my gi issue.

i may have this issue too - LEDs in my pop bumpers (which go through the Bill Ung expansion board now) are always on, if only dimly lit.

I since tore the game apart to rebuild it and am quite a bit behind the progress on this thread.
Once it's rebuilt i'll either contact Bill about the problem or revert to incandescent bulbs again.

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

i may have this issue too - LEDs in my pop bumpers (which go through the Bill Ung expansion board now) are always on, if only dimly lit.
I since tore the game apart to rebuild it and am quite a bit behind the progress on this thread.
Once it's rebuilt i'll either contact Bill about the problem or revert to incandescent bulbs again.

I fixed mine this morning. It was a connector in the backbox. As for your issue, the pop bumper lights are supposed to alway be on. They are part of the gi. The only thing the ung expansion does is turn them into controlled lights during super jets mode where the lights chase and then flash on coil activation. Other than that they remain on. It's an awesome mod to an already awesome mod.

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I fixed mine this morning. It was a connector in the backbox. As for your issue, the pop bumper lights are supposed to alway be on. They are part of the gi. The only thing the ung expansion does is turn them into controlled lights during super jets mode where the lights chase and then flash on coil activation. Other than that they remain on. It's an awesome mod to an already awesome mod.

Not sure my issue is quite the same then - my pops are on (albeit only a bit) when they're supposed to be off during the expansion tests. Insert incandescent bulbs in instead of LEDs and the problem goes away...

You've inspired me to crack on with my swap now, watch this space. Also got the reds ramps and totally agree that they look great with the black wire forms.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Not sure my issue is quite the same then - my pops are on (albeit only a bit) when they're supposed to be off during the expansion tests. Insert incandescent bulbs in instead of LEDs and the problem goes away...

To ask the obvious question, are you using non-ghosting LEDs?

#128 10 years ago

It's not the same piece but I bought that stainless steel saucer plate from Mirco for $100 or whatever it was. Thinking the tab will never break off now. : ) That was expensive though.

#129 10 years ago

..metallic2012-08-20_12-14-20_175.jpg2012-08-20_12-14-20_175.jpg here

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

To ask the obvious question, are you using non-ghosting LEDs?

Supposedly, yes. Tried them both ways. I recently acquired some other LEDs which will get tested once it's rebuilt.

2 weeks later
#131 10 years ago

The old brackets were bad. I was forced to order new ones.$24 for 4 stinking pieces of bent metal. Ouch

AFM 329.jpgAFM 329.jpg AFM 330.jpgAFM 330.jpg
#132 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

The old brackets were bad. I was forced to order new ones.$24 for 4 stinking pieces of bent metal. Ouch

AFM 329.jpg 445 KB

AFM 330.jpg 245 KB

Nice paint job, but shouldn't the "corn men" have yellow cobs instead of silver

#133 10 years ago

Purchased that way. These came from robbiev. He said they were the original mods.

#134 10 years ago

Man I'm tired of these slacker resorations. A little Novus and you act like its a new game...

Seriously, beautiful job. This my favorite game.

#135 10 years ago

Harness washing, almost as exciting as a root canal.

AFM 331.jpgAFM 331.jpg
#136 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Harness washing, almost as exciting as a root canal.

AFM 331.jpg 288 KB

When will the fun stop

#137 10 years ago

I finally found targets available . rebuild on drop is done. Here's an easy way to test the motor.

AFM 341.jpgAFM 341.jpg
1 week later
#138 9 years ago

Finally on to the harnesses.

image-471.jpgimage-471.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image-900.jpgimage-900.jpg
#139 9 years ago

Looks like you need to remount the sling switches and arm. The whole assembly has the wrong dimples on mirco PFs only on the right side. You can see in your picture that the leaf switch is up against the PF and will make it a bitch to adjust . I would articulate the sling arm to make sure it is not karate chopping the new PF ! Even the coil bracket is wrong .

#140 9 years ago

Thanks,I actually did readjust the sling assembly thanks to Pinball mikes earlier suggestion. You are correct the original holes are off. Had the same issue with target A. I didn't compensate the leafs though....Shit

#141 9 years ago

Everything is off on the right side sling assembly. Not just the Karate chop arm ...

#143 9 years ago

wow, incredible thread !

3 weeks later
#145 9 years ago

Finally finished up a few deals,sobered up from Allentown and back for more attack.

AFM 354.jpgAFM 354.jpg
AFM 355.jpgAFM 355.jpg
Although the strobe worked ,it was needing a little attention

#146 9 years ago

Im excited to see this Gozmod in action

AFM 357.jpgAFM 357.jpg
#148 9 years ago

Looking good Keith. Hey, is that a harbor freight tumbler? How is it holding up?

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

harbor freight tumbler? How is it holding up?

Ive burned through two of the small ones. The main thread on the top has worn out twice. I bought the bigger one and its been great.

1 week later
#150 9 years ago

I apologize ,this thread has become a bit piece -meal. I have much less time to work on this with spring here.

Cabinet is coming together

AFM 367.jpgAFM 367.jpg AFM 368.jpgAFM 368.jpg AFM 369.jpgAFM 369.jpg AFM 370.jpgAFM 370.jpg AFM 371.jpgAFM 371.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 21.50
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-restoration-the-beginning/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.