IMG_0984.JPG
IMG_0982.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG
IMG_0976.JPG
IMG_0901.JPG
IMG_1720 (resized).JPG
Dots2 (resized).jpg
Dots (resized).jpg
There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
#1 7 years ago

Yes!

#2 7 years ago

ditto

#3 7 years ago

Does anyone know the price on Attack from Mars? Has it been announced yet? When is the game set for release?

#4 7 years ago

Not announced yet.

#5 7 years ago

"Private owner willingness to pre order pinball games that have not been released or in this specific case even revealed, including ANY proper details regarding the product, its construction, or even a designated production timeline is a direct propagation of pinflation in the market and denotes lack of proper judgement."

- TBK

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"Private buyer willingness to pre order games that have not been released or even revealed, including ANY specific details regarding the product, its construction, or even a production timeline is a direct propagation of pinflation in the market and denotes lack of proper judgement."
- TBK

I think the quote might be referring more towards games that aren't being remade.
if there first game is any indication of how there second will turn out. I have no problem going all in. never owned an attack from mars, Since I route machines there is no question as for new vs. old. My MMR is 3/4 paid off going 50/50 with location, still in excellent condition.

The only thing I don't like about the new games is everything is surface mount. everyone is doing it now so there is no getting away from it.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Does anyone know the price on Attack from Mars? Has it been announced yet? When is the game set for release?

I would think it would be in Pricelines of MMR.

#8 7 years ago

Based upon the behavior of PPS/CGC with MMR, this is an easy no.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Based upon the behavior of PPS/CGC with MMR, this is an easy no.

My buddy went throught the ringer with his MMr. Not a chance in hell.

#10 7 years ago

No remakes for me....

#11 7 years ago

I have the cash and want the game, but it will all depend on quality and price. I want to see one and play it before I decide to jump on the wagon.....

#12 7 years ago

No. But I'm 100% in on any and all AFMr Remake drama threads!

#13 7 years ago

no chance its below 8000 for standard or 8500-9000 for "LE" - whatever that means ultimately.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

no chance its below 8000 for standard or 8500-9000 for "LE" - whatever that means ultimately.

LMAO so you really think PPS will try to charge $9000 for AFM "LE"? I guess they wont have to worry about making very many of them then!

#16 7 years ago

No unless it's priced below $6500.

#17 7 years ago

MMR was done well! If I could change one thing it would be the price point.

But then again I say that with every pin..

#18 7 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
http://www.planetarypinball.com/forum/index.php/topic,1223.0.html

#19 7 years ago

I'll get one down the line, or maybe I'll get an original game when people upgrade from their used ones.

No pre-order for me. But I'll start saving my money and decide in a year or two. once I see games shipped and the madness dies down.

This is a dream theme for many, they will sell well

#20 7 years ago

No thanks, Rick will never get my cash with his history of extremely poor customer service.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

LMAO so you really think PPS will try to charge $9000 for AFM "LE"? I guess they wont have to worry about making very many of them then!

yes - very firmly I do. There is no business case for them to build them and sell them any cheaper! They will justify the price with some new bells and whistles, LEDs, ColorDMD, whatever but 100% yes - you wont see this machine for less than $8000-$9000 no matter what.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

yes - very firmly I do. There is no business case for them to build them and sell them any cheaper! They will justify the price with some new bells and whistles, LEDs, ColorDMD, whatever but 100% yes - you wont see this machine for less than $8000-$9000 no matter what.

then it will not sell well at all. period.

Sorry but with that being the price range for DI and far over the price for Aliens or Spooky #3, then it is obvious at this stage that more people will go to those games if looking to spend NIB money.

With MM, you have originals selling for more than MMr. AFM in nice condition are quite a bit less than that price.

Sure you will get some sales, but an upgraded DMD and some special (crappy gold, lol) wont cut it IMO.

there is a reson this poll is trending 10 as no sale... and we dont even know a price yet.

#24 7 years ago

I was hoping for Monster Bash PP. That would of been awesome.

If the price is competitive with Stern I'm game. With limited space
in my current game room. I really have to think about what I'm going to add
next. MB would of made my day.

AFM still interest me though just not sure how much I gotta have it. If I owned a
barcade I'd jump on it though.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

then it will not sell well at all. period.
Sorry but with that being the price range for DI and far over the price for Aliens or Spooky #3, then it is obvious at this stage that more people will go to those games if looking to spend NIB money.
With MM, you have originals selling for more than MMr. AFM in nice condition are quite a bit less than that price.
Sure you will get some sales, but an upgraded DMD and some special (crappy gold, lol) wont cut it IMO.
there is a reson this poll is trending 10 as no sale... and we dont even know a price yet.

I tend to agree with you. I think the whole remake business model relies in an 8,000 minimum price point and the intent is to obviously target games for remake ONLY if they sit at or above that cost for current existing units. I agree that AFMr might miss the mark because its not going to work within their pricing strategy unless they lower their price (and cut their profit margin) since very nice AFM sit at 7500-9000 roughly.

I think they will still sell a few at 8000 - operators who want an AFM with (hopefully) modern NIB reliability, people who don't want to do any work on their own games or want perfect pristine games, people (and there are plenty around here) who just have to have every new game if for nothing else but bragging rights - they will spend the 8000 for an AFMr without hesitation. The 2nd half of the market? not so much.

They should have honestly skipped AFM and gone to MB, CC, or other Bally Williams games that reliably sell for closer to 10k. That's the sweet spot. They need to continue to provide that value proposition of "hey - you want MM but cant afford 12k? well guess what! Ive got a BRAND NEW one for you for 8000!!" That same conversation cant really be had with AFM - which to your point, is going to have an impact on the marketability and the profitability of this product.

#26 7 years ago

I really enjoy Attack from Mars and its one heck of an awesome game...but I personally cannot see spending $8k plus another $400 for a color display update (even if its included for $8k I would still pass). If the game included a new set of rules and color changing LED's I would consider it. Having the option to select between the original ruleset and a new ruleset would be an awesome feature for these remake games and help justify the price.

For $8k-$8.5k there's multiple new games that offer more rules, features and value. For the price of an Attack from Mars remake I can buy an Alien LE with powder coated armor, lighted ramps / lighted side art, 27" backbox display, playfield LCD (well 2 of them), color changing GI and color changing inserts.

It will be interesting to see what the actual price of the AFM remake is and if there's going to be an increase from PPS for this one.

#27 7 years ago

other thing of importance for people to remember is that MMr was essentially built by Stern.

AFMr is supposedly not being made by them. Where we have seen most other issues in NIB pinball is when it comes to the manufacturing/ contract manufacturing. Heck even the crappy Stern PFs are due to outsourcing of that part and associated issues.

The new maker of AFMr is a while new ball of potential issues. Just something to keep in mind.

#28 7 years ago

IF I had 8k to spend on a game, which I don't, for me personally I would by an AFMr or MMr before any of the newer games, I just plain like them more.

#29 7 years ago

Nope, not at 8k, or however long the wait is. I got an original and fully plan on getting a new playfield at some point. This is going to have the snot played out of it on location and I want to have a replacement PF for when it is time.

#30 7 years ago

I'm in.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : I'll be doing tech support.

#31 7 years ago

The game itself is cool. Do I play it? Of course. It's fun. Do I need one? No. Plenty of places to play this. It's in almost every major tournament. It's in a lot of league members' basements.

It may be an unpopular thing to say, but if the minimum price point for AFMr is $8K and it only goes up from there, my feeling is that it will be PPS' last game--especially if there are similar delays to those for MMr. (Maybe that's just the Holiday Inn Express talking).

Would an MB remake be cool? Sure. As owner of an original MB, I'd actually welcome that. But that's already a pin that gets 10K routinely.

#32 7 years ago

I'm 100% in.

Rick, take my money now!

It's going to be epic!

#33 7 years ago

I've been playing AFM at home since 2001. Looking to buy new games, not old ones.

#34 7 years ago

I'm out.

Will never buy a remake again.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

It may be an unpopular thing to say, but if the minimum price point for AFMr is $8K and it only goes up from there, my feeling is that it will be PPS' last game--especially if there are similar delays to those for MMr.

I think there are many people who would be OK with that.

#36 7 years ago

Guessed you skipped over the part at the top about not reposting content

I'm curious to see the add ons they keep alluding too. If they got the original flying saucer concept to work I think people would be pretty excited about that.

Quote attributed to Brian Eddy:

"AFM was the most different. It had one big feature that didn't make it into the game. The saucer in the middle of the playfield was originally suppose to move out and around the playfield.
It started (rested) right where the static one on the final game is. It had a telescopic arm that allow the
saucer to move out about 18 inches onto the playfield and a pivot that would rotate it right & left.
So it basically could "move" around the whole playfield (hence the open playfield area in the final design).
It also had a target hanging down from the middle of the saucer that you could shoot from
any angle. We ran out of time to develop it and keep it cost effective.
It was also a reliability issue and to make it rock solid would have required a lot of testing time."

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I tend to agree with you. I think the whole remake business model relies in an 8,000 minimum price point and the intent is to obviously target games for remake ONLY if they sit at or above that cost for current existing units. I agree that AFMr might miss the mark because its not going to work within their pricing strategy unless they lower their price (and cut their profit margin) since very nice AFM sit at 7500-9000 roughly.

That logic only makes sense if you're targeting hardcore hobbyists, which they're not. People who just want some games in their gameroom and don't follow all *this* go to gameroom stores/retailers with a top 10 list and say "Hey I want these games". AFM is on that list. There are a lot of people who'd rather buy new from a retailer than a rando from a forum or craigslist. This product fills a need for that type of customer. For everyone that cries "refake" or "but you can get a nice original for $x" on a forum, they sell 100 remakes to people who don't care about forum-land.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That logic only makes sense if you're targeting hardcore hobbyists, which they're not. People who just want some games in their gameroom and don't follow all *this* go to gameroom stores/retailers with a top 10 list and say "Hey I want these games". AFM is on that list. There are a lot of people who'd rather buy new from a retailer than a rando from a forum or craigslist. This product fills a need for that type of customer. For everyone that cries "refake" or "but you can get a nice original for $x" on a forum, they sell 100 remakes to people who don't care about forum-land.

I was thinking of the term remake.

Its more like the term "Modernized". I think.

The top 10 titles certainly could use modernization. We see it in most cases with LED's added or a mod or 2 that makes the game play better or more reliably, or LEDOCD boards installed.
We always modernize most of these titles as soon as we get them.

I would love to get a brand new AFM that I can play the heck out of and not worry about damaging my precious collectors item, or even route if i so desire, and get the spare parts I need to make it new again over and over.

A $14000 HEP restore is a little too rich for most of us to enjoy rough-housing a pinball machine.

Hitting the price point of $6000 to $8000 for durable goods with decades of life in them is where I want to be.

If done well, Rick has the opportunity to "Hit it out of the park" with this one.

As I said before this one is going to be epic I think.

I'm in 100%

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I think there are many people who would be OK with that.

Hey, if my saying that helps Rick sell a thousand more units, so be it

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I would love to get a brand new AFM that I can play the heck out of and not worry about damaging my precious collectors item, or even route if i so desire, and get the spare parts I need to make it new again over and over.

I'm 100% the opposite. Buying an AFM 14 years ago for 1/4 the price a remake will go for, I'd be more afraid to play an $8,000 game. I've never spent more than half that on any game I have. Mine has been trouble free all the years I've had it. But really, in the end, I'm not a remake buyer anyways, so there's that.

#41 7 years ago

During this time of pinflation they probably will try to sell it for at least as much as MMr, that means $8+K. The problem for them is that you can get a very nice AFM for around that price already. I bought a so-so one for $5.5K, new playfield and decals set me back another $1K and a playfield swap and assorted other parts and for around $7.5K I have a very nice AFM.
MB or CC would have made more sense for them. AFM, TOTAN, TOM, CV are simply not expensive enough games for their pricing strategy to work.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoski:

The problem for them is that you can get a very nice AFM for around that price already. I bought a so-so one for $5.5K, new playfield and decals set me back another $1K and a playfield swap and assorted other parts and for around $7.5K I have a very nice AFM.

Again, that's how hobbyists think. Dr. Joe Schmoe who wants a pinball machine for his house calls a gameroom store and says "I want this brand new game with a warranty" ...they deliver, he has his game. He doesn't know or care what a Pinside is or what Scuzzball McGurk is selling on Craigslist or eBay.

#43 7 years ago

MMr was successful because MM was simply unobtanium for many at the time, with beaters selling for $10K+ and nice examples $12k and way up.

MM also has a higher BOM than AFM. If they try to sell AFMr for $8k or more (and they prob will) it will be very interesting. I'm out at that price point. I'd be in at $6K. A notch down from a premium offering would be the sweet spot IMO.

#44 7 years ago

Afm isnt a pin that comes up a whole lot in nice condition ..when it does its over 8k if it has color dmd and some other nice mods. I see no reason y a nib afm wont sell well at 8k especially with warranty, color upgrade , shaker and powder coated trim . Guess will see what happens but if i didnt have one allready id be interested for sure.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Afm isnt a pin that comes up a whole lot in nice condition ..when it does its over 8k if it has color dmd and some other nice mods. I see no reason y a nib afm wont sell well at 8k especially with warranty, color upgrade , shaker and powder coated trim . Guess will see what happens but if i didnt have one allready id be interested for sure.

I have to agree. The way people are throwing money around lately it's bound to sell.

I don't think it'll hurt the value of original ones much at all. People are dreaming if they expect to pick up original AFMs on the cheap because of the remake.

#46 7 years ago

8k is a tough sell for me as I don't value afm as much as mm. It would really have to be something special to justify an 8k price. I have had only positive experience with my mmr except for paying 199 extra for colour so I have no issues with an afmr and would buy it over an original if price is decent.

#47 7 years ago

I'm out. I am happy with my MMR, I'm just not a big fan of the AFM theme.

#48 7 years ago

I am curious as what special features the remake will have.

#49 7 years ago

I waited for over 2 years for a MMR and gave up and got my deposit returned to me and bought a Williams MM. The game newly restored with about every mod you could you could put on including brass legs, lockdown bar, side rails and hinges. If I would have bought a MMR and installed the same mods it would of cost me more than a $1,000 more and it is a remake. I have been already offered more for my game than I paid. As a collector I will always be happier owning a Williams game. I just bought a HEP AFM's at a discounted price because of AFMR are going up for sale soon and if I get the same results as I did on my MM I will get my money back.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I'm out.
Will never buy a remake again.

I'm curious as to why, (your experience) and not because I want to stir any shit. I thought the MM remake looked really nice aside from the delays...etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
16,500 (OBO)
$ 45.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remakewho-is-in?hl=snes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.