• In 100% 131 votes
    24%
  • Not in 0% 280 votes
    52%
  • On the fence ! 132 votes
    24%

(543 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 35 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

236BFAA7-F10D-41A4-90CA-C18122CB90A8 (resized).jpeg
AFE444C6-C89A-43E1-81BD-7398D02C306D (resized).jpeg
remake (resized).jpg
IMG_0301.PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
8322c052f474e1f241d356beded97129c031e975 (resized).jpg
IMG_0992.JPG
IMG_0988.JPG
IMG_0984.JPG
IMG_0982.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG
IMG_0976.JPG
IMG_0901.JPG
IMG_1720 (resized).JPG
Dots2 (resized).jpg
Dots (resized).jpg

There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

the differences in play /feel between the 2 remakes and original at the show were very noticable

I agree with this absolutely.

I have played AFM many times and feel that the AFMr with its faster computer, enhanced sound, harder clearcoat and better lighting controls plays much better than any original I have ever played. It seems more lively and less broken in, softened or aged.
More modern perhaps, but in a good way.

I very much prefer the new game over the old one and am certain a lot of others do too.

To me it seems more fun! CGC has really done a great job on this, IMHO....

#402 2 years ago

Lol @ "faster computer."

I've played new Afm and I thought it was fine. I don't remember thinking it seemed to be computing any faster.

Is there any particular reason they aren't installing hole protectors at the factory? Every remake Afm I've seen already has chipping there. We are not learning from the mistakes of history!

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lol @ "faster computer."
I've played new Afm and I thought it was fine. I don't remember thinking it seemed to be computing any faster.

He was being funny for Big D.

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

He was being funny for Big D.

Mission accomplished! I chuckled.

#405 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is there any particular reason they aren't installing hole protectors at the factory?

They are installing them at the factory. See Dougs prior posts.

Im pushing for some factory mylars to be installed so I dont have to tear my game apart day one.

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't remember thinking it seemed to be computing any faster.

LOL, the higher resolution LCD requires a little more processing power for the 4X pixel density.

However on that note, anyone who has played a 1978 playboy has noticed how long it takes for the score to count up at the end of ball. The computer is so slow its like watching EM reels. LOL...

#407 2 years ago

FWIW, LEDs will have a much faster response time than incandescent bulbs. Visibly so.

#408 2 years ago

Anybody take any game play videos at the show?

#409 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I agree with this absolutely.
I have played AFM many times and feel that the AFMr with its faster computer, enhanced sound, harder clearcoat and better lighting controls plays much better than any original I have ever played. It seems more lively and less broken in, softened or aged.
More modern perhaps, but in a good way.
I very much prefer the new game over the old one and am certain a lot of others do too.
To me it seems more fun! CGC has really done a great job on this, IMHO....

Could not agree more. The game played incredible and looked like a million bucks.

#410 2 years ago

Any news yet on the strobe light? original bulb or l.e.d? Has anyone that has played an AFMr got strobe multiball?

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Anybody take any game play videos at the show?

There are a few on youtube.

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Does it have this great mod?
Franck did an amazing job! Congrats

Well dam isnt that cool.....

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Any news yet on the strobe light? original bulb or l.e.d? Has anyone that has played an AFMr got strobe multiball?

I wrote up what i found out about afmr and the strobe at the show this weekend in another thread but apparently anything i mention about afmr positive or negative or neutral in here gets the afmr buyers in this thread upset . So if your interested look in the new what to buy mmr or afmr thread.

#414 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Talk about broken record?? Just give it up already. Everyone already knows you don't like the remake because you collect originals. Just move along, move along.

What are u talking about ? All i said is that there were no issues with making the ramp shots on the pins ,so no power issues imo. Had nothing to do with original or remakes? Im all for remakes and was gonna get one but decided to keep my current one. U were just trying to be one the cool guys and get on me like the others for no reason at all. I state i like things on the remakes better and still get attacked? U all need to chill as ive said nothing bad about anything just that they play different ....which is expected bc all pins do new or old . Man people on here need to lighten up a little after all it a expensive toy hobby.

#415 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What are u talking about ? All i said is that there were no issues with making the ramp shots on the pins ,so no power issues imo. Had nothing to do with original or remakes? Im all for remakes and was gonna get one but decided to keep my current one. U were just trying to be one the cool guys and get on me like the others for no reason at all. I state i like things on the remakes better and still get attacked? U all need to chill as ive said nothing bad about anything just that they play different ....which is expected bc all pins do new or old . Man people on here need to lighten up a little after all it a expensive toy hobby.

Had to go back and read the posts again and actually, I did read your post wrong. But hey it was 2am and I was reading on my cell phone without my glasses.

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

people on here need to lighten up a little after all it a expensive toy hobby.

Regardless of the remake/non remake debate, this should be cross posted and sticky'd all over....the pinside drama machine goes in to overdrive way too much.

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I wrote up what i found out about afmr and the strobe at the show this weekend in another thread but apparently anything i mention about afmr positive or negative or neutral in here gets the afmr buyers in this thread upset . So if your interested look in the new what to buy mmr or afmr thread.

No problems here bigd. I appreciate any and all input from those that have seen and played it firsthand. Unfortunately I won't be able to myself, but am buying based on what has been shown and reported and it looks good to me. Maybe CG can get a few details like the strobe lights tweaked before production, based on the input you and others have given. I know they are already adding a hole protector.

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea that was not the issue at all. A bunch of us cldnt quite put our finger on it but the differences in play /feel between the 2 remakes and original at the show were very noticable. Not a bad thing at all but most people i played with perfered the play/feel of the original but liked the lights/upgrades and newness of the remake. Overall they did a good job on these remakes and its awesome people get to own these great titles.

I felt the game at Allentown played fine. In fact, it felt far better than any of the MMRs I've played. The screen however.. bleh! I thought I would like it based on the high res art... but trying to keep the 'original' style everywhere else made it look like a giant Fisher Price toy. The monster dots on all the score screens was awful to me. I was totally put off by it.

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The screen however.. bleh! I thought I would like it based on the high res art... but trying to keep the 'original' style everywhere else made it look like a giant Fisher Price toy. The monster dots on all the score screens was awful to me. I was totally put off by it.

Strange. I can't imagine not liking the larger colored display. I suppose the purist would be turned off by it. That's why its good they are offering a classic model.

#420 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Strange. I can't imagine not liking the larger colored display. I suppose the purist would be turned off by it. That's why its good they are offering a classic model.

If you felt the need to watch scores from 15ft away it was worth it.. but it's just too much. The value of the high res art is just washed over by the monster dot scores and basic animations so much.

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you felt the need to watch scores from 15ft away it was worth it.. but it's just too much. The value of the high res art is just washed over by the monster dot scores and basic animations so much.

Of course you could be like I am and normally need to wear reading glasses. So for me the larger display is the only way to go. Yeah I can actually read it clearly.

#422 2 years ago

I had only one play on the original game, thanks to the one in freeplay. I really liked the SE remake gameplay. My 9 year old son probably played the SE and LE more than anything else at the show.

He'd been wanting a Ghostbusters, however, now wants us to get an AFMrm and a WH2O instead.

The 8 billion score was his high for the weekend.

20170506_115240(0) (resized).jpg

#423 2 years ago

Out here in Toronto (Canada) they're asking $9000 US for a LE.

Any suggestions on how I can get one for $7999 and not have to travel too far?

#424 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Smuggling is not something to enter into lightly...

#425 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The monster dots on all the score screens was awful to me. I was totally put off by it.

Im exactly the opposite.

I loved the monster dots, big screen and amazing new animations.

I guess Im not a purist, but a child at heart and love big flashy things. The bigger, bolder, flashier, noisier the better!

Hence my love of pinball in general

#426 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Of course you could be like I am and normally need to wear reading glasses. So for me the larger display is the only way to go. Yeah I can actually read it clearly.

If we were talking Aerosmith.. I'd agree

#427 2 years ago

For me this release is coming at a perfect time in my pinball collecting. I've recently taken great appreciation for fully restored classic Bally/Williams pins. Bryan Kelly and HEP do incredible work but those types of restores are not in my budget currently. So a nice minty AFMle is just what the doctor ordered. I realize it's not original or meticulously restored but it's the next best thing for me and just fits within my budget for right now.

Now the question is will I be playing before or after Christmas? Can't wait either way!

#428 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

We're an authorized CGC distributor in Canada and sell it for $7999 USD + shipping & tax. Feel free to msg. me anytime.

Tommy@nitropinball.com

#429 2 years ago

I'm slightly torn between AFMr and DI for my next pin. Will have them both eventually.

Heavily leaning towards AFMLE, and have an hour one deposit on it. My logic being that the code is of course complete, I love all the visual improvements, and it's a super fun game.

Part of me also really wants Dialed In to fill in the Lawler / JJP gap in my collection.

Plusses of waiting for DI: down the road I can sell something, pick up a used one, and code will be further along.

My one concern is if AFM takes forever to come out. Keeping my fingers crossed these ship ASAP this Summer! It will be hard to resist the temptation to switch if DI beats AFM to the punch and I continue to hear great things.

#430 2 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

We're an authorized CGC distributor in Canada and sell it for $7999 USD + shipping & tax. Feel free to msg. me anytime.
Tommy@nitropinball.com

Just emailed you

#431 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I can't recommend Tommy and Nitro enough. Have ordered my AFMrLE from him and can't wait for it to arrive.

In terms of AFMrLE and DI - I see no comparison. IMO - DI is more of a family game and not so much a real challenging pin players game. Lots of shots and even when you miss shots you make shots. After playing a lot of DI this past weekend, the decision is so easy for me.

#432 2 years ago

So who are the US distributors selling these? I've been out of the loop for a bit.

#433 2 years ago

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/dealers.php?p=23

Took every fiber in my body to resist posting the lmgtfy link.

#434 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/dealers.php?p=23
Took every fiber in my body to resist posting the lmgtfy link.

Haha, yeah I know I was lazy.

1 week later
#435 2 years ago

As someone who has purchased MMr, and has a deposit on AFMr, I started thinking about what CGC could do to make customers feel like they're getting something special.

A friend of mine bought a GBLE, and got a nice certificate with it. I know we get the plaque on the LE's, but I feel like them going the extra mile could really make us feel like spending this amount of money was really worth it.

Maybe a certificate? Maybe having CGC look at the protectors available for the original AFM, and putting something in for us proactively so the game is good to go out of the box?

Just curious to know what you guys think...

#436 2 years ago

Read fromCGC they were going to add a protector and mylar in trouble spots.
LE Topper not enough?

#437 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

They were going to add he protectors.
LE Topper not enough?

I believe just the front scoop protector is gonna come on afmr? Afm takes a beating on backside of scoop to , in front of target bank and the drop target area under the mothership area especially.

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

As someone who has purchased MMr, and has a deposit on AFMr, I started thinking about what CGC could do to make customers feel like they're getting something special.
A friend of mine bought a GBLE, and got a nice certificate with it. I know we get the plaque on the LE's, but I feel like them going the extra mile could really make us feel like spending this amount of money was really worth it.
Maybe a certificate? Maybe having CGC look at the protectors available for the original AFM, and putting something in for us proactively so the game is good to go out of the box?
Just curious to know what you guys think...

The le comes with a fair amount more upgrades than the se...... topper, led on ships, , mirror blades , powder coat . Maybe some other stuff also?

#439 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The le comes with a fair amount more upgrades than the se...... topper, led on ships, , mirror blades , powder coat . Maybe some other stuff also?

Wasn't only talking about the LE... I was just thinking that if they stepped up and even just put protectors in on all machines it would set them apart. Trust me, I want them to succeed! I'm in this for a MB remake!!!

But as an owner of a small company that makes custom items for customers, I know that the extra touches are what keep people coming back for more!

#440 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I believe just the front scoop protector is gonna come on afmr? Afm takes a beating on backside of scoop to , in front of target bank and the drop target area under the mothership area especially.

Mylar should take care of those areas on home games.

#441 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Cool backboard decal now...

#443 2 years ago

Cool backboard decal now...

On all models or just the le?

#444 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

On all models or just the le?

Im not sure, probably not on the classic, but it looks great.
All things considered, including warranty, the LE is the way to go I think.

#445 2 years ago

What's the best quote people have gotten on an SE/LE shipped? PM me if you don't want to post. I'm definitely interested in one versus buying a used original one for around the same price.

#446 2 years ago

Mylar should take care of those areas on home games.

Unfortunately the center area takes a beating and i cld see the clear and art chipping away just as easy as the sol scoop. Id recommend get all cliffys installed wherever the factory dont add protectors.

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Unfortunately the center area takes a beating and i cld see the clear and art chipping away just as easy as the sol scoop. Id recommend get all cliffys installed wherever the factory dont add protectors.

Who's making the PF's? Stern?

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who's making the PF's? Stern?

CGC same vendor as the originals for the cabinets and playfields.

#449 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im definitely going full cliffy's on my game.

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

What's the best quote people have gotten on an SE/LE shipped? PM me if you don't want to post. I'm definitely interested in one versus buying a used original one for around the same price.

I think the best deal is to pick up from the disto to avoid shipping charges and possibly shipping damages IMHO....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
Contact
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 11.00
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
MicksPinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Easton, PA
$ 50.00
Lighting - Led
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 99.00
$ 6,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside